Vertical Jump #'s

Wondering if there is a link for checking vertical #'s for either D-1 football or pro football players. Like what the average is for different positions with their height? Just curious to see where I am compared to the best athletes.

Mack,

I don’t know of a link, but I can tell you numbers from Harvey Newton’s book Explosive Lifting for Athletes has several lists.

At the top of D1 split ends and I believe tailbacks was 31.5." Out of curiousity, what’s yours?

Nick

[quote]Nick Radonjic wrote:
Mack,

I don’t know of a link, but I can tell you numbers from Harvey Newton’s book Explosive Lifting for Athletes has several lists.

At the top of D1 split ends and I believe tailbacks was 31.5." Out of curiousity, what’s yours?

Nick[/quote]

the DB’s and RB’s and WR’s at IU average came out to about to about 32 even, again that’s with my slow white ass weighing everone down

Nick, well I tested myself in my living room (carpet) with shoes that are 1/2 size too big(low-top timberlands) and was 28 1/4". So maybe add 1-2" with athletic shoes on a hard floor? Was just curious to see if I can come close to the d1’s or pro’s. Also I haven’t really trained for vertical jump #'s, so I’m pleased.

I tested my VL at work a few times(wearing my steel toes no less). First try I got 25" did it about an hour later and got 23" then about 4 hours later and got about 24.5". The next day at the gym I just jumped I high as I could before my first set of squats in my cross trainers like CT’s tip from a few weeks ago and felt like I could fly. I have no idea how high it actually was but I remember wondering if my head was gonna hit the ceiling.