Vertical Jump Help

Im 17 years old 153lbs with a standing 29-30 inch vert. I wanted to know if im on the right track to gaining more inches. My schedule is monday plyos, tuesday squats 5x5 265lbs, single leg 65lbs dumbbells 5x5…Wed rest, thursday plyos, friday squats 5x5 265lbs, single leg 65lbs dumbbells 5x5. Am i on the right track? Should i add more exercise into my strength training? THank you

Power cleans.

What you’re doing is good, but it seems pretty basic and you should maybe mix it up a bit.
You could try some olympic lifts (power clean, high pulls, hang cleans). They are hard to learn, but don’t rule it out because of that.
Also, some box squats would help, they helped me.
And some full body training will get you a better jump, and get some strong abs lol.

Ive done power cleans. My max in them are 200lbs. But iunno how i can put them into my schdule and the sets and reps to do?. Should i also add deadlifts?

ya definately add deadlifts… nd cut out a pylo session, two sessions a week is taxing… power cleans arent necessary but u can throw them in, i prefer explosive box squats as a lower body dynamic exercise

[quote]slicke wrote:
Ive done power cleans. My max in them are 200lbs. But iunno how i can put them into my schdule and the sets and reps to do?. Should i also add deadlifts?[/quote]

For power cleans I use heavy weight and low reps. Like 5x3.
Do them before squats, because if your tired, your form will worsen.
Same shit with deadlifts.

how is 2 time of plyos taxing? Can i do box jumps instead of power cleans because everytime i do power cleans my lower back hurts for some reason?

[quote]slicke wrote:
how is 2 time of plyos taxing? Can i do box jumps instead of power cleans because everytime i do power cleans my lower back hurts for some reason?[/quote]

Well, if power cleans are a problem, just do box squats instead.
I don’t really think plyos 2x a week is taxing, but some people has different view.

When you say plyos what do you mean? Do you mean the traditional plyos such as depth jumps and drops or do you refer to various kinds of bounce, jumps and hops?

I do donkey ankle bounce,1 2 3 jumps,quarter squat jumps, broad jumps, depth jumps, sprints, and low squat ankle jumps. And if i wanted to add box jumps, what would be the sets and reps for them.