T Nation

Vertical Jump Bible

I am currently doing kelly baggets vertical jump development program. I am on week 14 of intermediate reactive strength. I just started intramural basketball. The games are at night (8pm). Its average intensity.

my question is:

so the day of the week we play games has replaced the workout A from the prog.

WHAT WOULD BE BEST?
-just play basketball that day.
-just do the weight training aspect of it in the morning.
-just do the weight training aspect before the games.

• or just do the full (plyos+weights) program that morning.

what do you guys think? Thanx in advance.

What weight training and plyos are prescribed that for that day?

[quote]Heuristic wrote:
What weight training and plyos are prescribed that for that day?[/quote]

well. the sets and reps change every week. but here is what i got coming up on Tuesday:

1-leg speed hops (420yards)
high object jumps(4
6)
low squat ankle jump into paused lunge(26 per leg)
40 yard dash (4)
—rest 5 minutes----
full squat (4
5)
glute ham raise(215)
—rest 5-10 minutes—
high depth drops(4
5)

thats the prog.

Why don’t you send an email to Kelly and ask him?

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Why don’t you send an email to Kelly and ask him?[/quote]

Good call, he’d probably answer. I would also go through the Q+A’s on higher-faster-sports.com and see if he’s already answered the question.

Personally, I would do just the weight training in the morning (if possible). If you can’t do it in the morning I would do it before playing. I probably wouldn’t do the plyo’s if you’re playing later. Personally, I get pretty fried if I do too much plio or jump training in one day.

You could always try different options and see how your body responds.

Week 14 ? by now your legs should be relatively used to the program. If intramurals are anything like mine it was only one game a week anyway. Just do the program make sure you get as much rest as possible and you should be okay for your games.
Get a nice coffee boost if you can.

Week 14 ? by now your legs should be relatively used to the program. If intramurals are anything like mine it was only one game a week anyway. Just do the program make sure you get as much rest as possible and you should be okay for your games.

does this program really work?? i play volleyball and always wanted to try this out since its not like $250