Vertical Jump and Oly Lifting

Great job on the vertical with the oly lifts. My vertical when I don’t oly lift is usually 30". When I start oly lifting again, which I have been for the past 4 months (new gym) I can get my vertical to 35.5". My goal has always been to finally reach 36", we’ll see.

My lifts when my vertical is low are: Clean - 265 if I am lucky, snatch - 175 maybe. When I am at my best VJ so far my clean is around 315 and snatch is around 215. I also weigh around 235.

I was pumped 2 years ago when I was doing a bodybuilding show and cut down to 208ish because I wanted to finally hit a 36" vert, then i blew something squatting because I never really warmed up. it sucks when you get older, need to warm up more. I am going to be 27 in 9 days. Still need to hit that mark.

Good work-

[quote]Hrastnik wrote:
My numers are:
-80 kg snatch (I never tried more, and I feel I could lift arond 90 kg, as the 80 kg snatch was actually a power snatch)
-100 kg C&J
-110 kg clean (this was also a power clean).
-my bodyweight is around 92-93 kg, and i’m 187 cm

So I feel I could lift around 115-120 kg in C&J and around 90 kg in snatch. With correct technique that is.
[/quote]

Wow, our numbers and body weight / height are exactly the same! Kinda weird…

[quote]Hrastnik wrote:
Oh yeah. I forgot. I have a meet at the end of september, and national championship at the end of october. So my goals for the championship are 120+90.
wish me luck:)[/quote]

I might be there. Where do you lift out of?

Damn, that’s really strange.
Having the same BW and lift numbers:)

I know I have slight advantage.
At first I was playing basketball and almost doing HIT training on off days (I read Beyond Brown of S. McRobert).
Than I read a local newspaper and saw a picture of oly lifters, the same age as I am. I wanted to try, and i’m glad that I tried, cause now I live to lift as much as I can overhead.
There ain’t a better feeling, than to lift something heavy from floor to overhead.
And I also have a coach who was a great lifter (160kg+190kg at around 90kg BW).

Great stuff guys. If any of you play basketball make sure to check my profile which has the link to my ballin site called Longrange-Vertical if your interested.

I have a SIC pic of a guy dunking but it’s not jpeg. I can send it thru MSN or YIM if you want to see it. PM me & let me know.

Here’s a cool one.

Does anyone have any good basic olympic weight lifting programs or know of any sites? I’m interested in switching from a strength training program to an olympic style program to increase my vertical over the winter… thanks

Tallan, check out this site http://www.lifttilyadie.com/w8lift.htm
There are some links of sites, on which you can find oly lifting programs.

But I just have to mention something. Oly lifting IS strength training, you just need to learn to snatch and C&J (tecnnique, flexibility). And it would be best to have someone who knows this stuff, to watch and correct your technique (even in this case it can take some time to learn to lift in a proper way).

Just a quick update.
Today I hit a 110 kg C&J, and I cleaned 115 kg. Almost every week a new PR.
I wish this will go on forever:)

[quote]Hrastnik wrote:
Just a quick update.
Today I hit a 110 kg C&J, and I cleaned 115 kg. Almost every week a new PR.
I wish this will go on forever:)[/quote]

You bastard! :slight_smile: I’ve been chasing two wheels for months now. Now I HAVE to get that weight when I go for my max this weekend.

Congratulations, man; that’s a big milestone.

Hrastnik that awesome Man! I hit a PR squat clean this weekend of 98 kg. I also have the two wheel goal! Inching closer.

Nick

Hrastnik what are your full olympic back and front squat numbers?

Iv recently seriously got into OL too, however I think I need some plain old strength first.

My squat numbers suck. Seriously.
back squat is probably around 140-150 kg, and front squat arond 130 kg. I can’t give you exect numbers as I never maxed out on squats.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1126725447290.Huster_jump.jpg

Crazy

That German can jump:)

You bastards! Reading about all you guys Oly lifting makes me want to get back into it.

[quote]MikeTheBear wrote:
You bastards! Reading about all you guys Oly lifting makes me want to get back into it.[/quote]

Good! hahaah

[quote]MikeTheBear wrote:
You bastards! Reading about all you guys Oly lifting makes me want to get back into it.[/quote]

Nuthin stoppin ya… Join on up!

C+Jed 100, snatched 72.5 in my first comp earlier this afternoon.

Hrastnik: I look forward to front squatting ‘only’ 130 kilos! That’s more than 14 kilos over my best back squat now…

Hey, great posts and topic first off. I have started to do some oly lifting justh recently, nothing spectactular yet. I have been doing C&J recently and I love 'em. One of my fav. lifts now. I’m really curious to see how this affects my vertical leap as I am a volleyball player and already have about a 38-40 inch. vert, once I’m warmed up/in games. Hope to see those numbers improve.

Regarding squats: on friday I maxed out at back squat, so my 1RM=160 kg (I could get about 5 more kg on a good day, and this was oly, ass to the grass back squat). I think that’s not too bad for about 5 months of squatting. Feeling happy because of this:)

Hey Ross, congrats for the lifts.