Venus in Iron

today, even though I was tired and felt like ass, I had an awesome row, at midnight. so weird.

2:13,8/500m 5km 29 s/m 22:18,7 - a minute better than my previous times

split times
1000m 2:18,6/500m 29
1000m 2:16,5/500m 29
1000m 2:13,4/500m 29
1000m 2:12,6/500m 29
1000m 2:08,2/500m 31 - some old lady came to ask me if i was going to pass out when I was done. cute, but annoying… to convince her for 3 minutes that I wasn’t going to die and that I was in fact very pleased with my workout. So much for writhing on the ground in a puddle of sweat in peace. I’m not sure if I should let my self do this, but when lactic acid is stinging your entire body,

I don’t know what else to do… you just suffer through it until it goes away.

Sprinters, suggestions? Is it better for recovery if you try to walk it out? Is it poor etiquette to fall off a rower panting and grimacing?

today was deload squat day, but im preparing to invade austria for 2 weeks, so I tried to do some sets. I noticed my left legs is a lot weaker than the right… need to do lunges when I get back.

glute act x 1 x 10
kg x set x reps
squat
bar x 1 x 20
42,5 x 3 x 5
52,5 x 2 x 5
62,5 x 1 x 2
52,5 x 1 x 3
42,5 x 3 x 5 - experimenting with leg widths

leg extension - totally sucked today
20,5 x 1 x 12
17,5 x 4 x 12

calf ext
30 x 4 x 12
32,5 x 1 x 12

cable abs - this will hurt tomorrow
15 x 4 x 20
20 x 1 x 20

hanging leg raises
BW x 5 x 7

headstands/stretch

;ay down

the threat is real

seeing red again…

I always fall off the rower panting and grimacing. In fact I grimace all the way through my rowing, especially when I’m doing 30 second sprints. It’s not so much a grimace as an actual pain face. Rowing’s like that, if you do it right.

back from vacation, climbed a couple mountains, rode some horses, and trashed my liver. ready to start again.

Welcome back. Milk thistle will help with the liver.

sounds like you had a great time :slight_smile:

Hey there Ms. Kinky Boots!

I just wanted to come over and tell you that I had my first rowing lesson this morning! Exciting, right? My neighbor does women’s crew and we finally got coordinated. It is not zen…yet. There are a lot of little details to learn so it’s taking a lot of higher thinking at the moment, but I’m excited! Catch, slide, more legs, less back… The plan is to get nice a smooth and then use it for some Tabata action.

And tell us what mountains you’ve been climbin’.

hai sexys

i was in Untersburg - Dalai Lama Heart Chakra of the world. The mountain was 1800m or so. It kicked my ass for about 5-6hours. Cant say for sure. There is no such thing as time on vacation. Or at least this one. It was an excellent vacation. Was also spending a lot of time in a sauna with a mountain view. You all in the states are missng out on hot euro sauna action.

Check this place out:

The horse I rode was more like a tractor, but it was spontan and it worked, so I am not complaining… except my legs STILL hurt 5 days later. I wonder how the horse feels.

Puff- im so happy you take rowing lessons…it’s all about the leg drive and rythem- quick hands away and slow up the slide and, YES! to tabata action.

mountain top (top of Untersberg) as I saw it
also Untersberg - Wikipedia

I need to improve my conditioning. I decided this.

the fucking treadmill
2km/1,2mi (5deg incline)
2min walk
9min jog (9,5km/hr)
4min walk

rowing 2km - new rowers, I think the chain is tighter, and much harder to pull at 4,5 setting
2:18/500m 26
2:14/500m 26
2:11/500m 27
2:07/500m 28

kg x set x rep
bench press
bar x 10 x 1
27,5 x 3 x 5
32,5 x 3 x 5
35,0 x 3 x 3

pec machine
17,5 x 1 x 12
20,0 x 1 x 12
17,5 x 3 x 12 - feeling light headed. think i lost my appetite last 10days, workouts should bring it back.

shrugs + lateral lifts - felt hard
42,5 x 5 x 12
2,5 x 5 x 12

HLRS - too dizzy
BW x 8 x 1
BW x 6 x 1
BW x 5 x 1

I also weighed myself since there was a scale at the sauna, and I am officially 154lbs/70kg which is the most I’ve weighed since my college rowing days. What is the functional translation of this number? I can give anyone a piggy back ride up a hill.

[quote]Cal Jones wrote:
Welcome back. Milk thistle will help with the liver.[/quote]

omg thanks. Im actually exposed to xylenes and toluenes all the time… I will ask for this from the apotheke. thanks!!! :smiley:

conditioning day

30min treadmill walk/jog
ave speed 7,5 km/hr (4.6mph) lol I suck.
average incline 3,3%
distance: 3,3km/2mi

normal stomach pain, then right quad spasm, and right planter burn.

I need new shoes.

glute activation x 12 x 2

rowing 2km
10min 2:20/500m
right plantar burn was pretty intense, so I stopped.

I have a shit right foot from too much tango dancing in paper thin shoes. I need a podiatrist, or some inserts for my right shoe. I’ll work on that this weekend.

feels good to run with muscles though. Everything feels smooth aside from the foot issues.

[quote]ThePerfectDrug wrote:
conditioning day

30min treadmill walk/jog
average incline 3,3%

I need new shoes.

rowing 2km

I have a shit right foot from too much tango dancing in paper thin shoes. I need a podiatrist, or some inserts for my right shoe. I’ll work on that this weekend.

feels good to run with muscles though. Everything feels smooth aside from the foot issues. [/quote]

1. Work on shortening your stride a bit.
  2. If you are still rocking those reeboks, ditch them. NOW! You’ll want something of a cross between cushioned and stability. Yes, my memory is pretty damned good.
  3. Those mountains would be awesome.
  4. 150ish is a good weight for you. You rock it, woman. :wink:

this is good.[/quote]

Yay for red boots!

The video was good, Ihe video pointed out a few things I probably was going wrong.

Your training looks great as always.

[quote]Rodimus Black wrote:

conditioning day

30min treadmill walk/jog
average incline 3,3%

I need new shoes.

rowing 2km

feels good to run with muscles though. Everything feels smooth aside from the foot issues. [/quote]

1. Work on shortening your stride a bit.
  2. If you are still rocking those reeboks, ditch them. NOW! You’ll want something of a cross between cushioned and stability. Yes, my memory is pretty damned good.
  3. Those mountains would be awesome.
  4. 150ish is a good weight for you. You rock it, woman. ;-)[/quote]

lol, I have 2 year old shoes i try for running… the only thing these tone your ass reeboks are good for are padding my messed up foot.
mountains ARE awesome. check them out. You live closer to the bavarian alps than i do! yeah, I thought I was in shape… but it turns out I really need to work on my conditioning. the mountains let me know that. and so thanks for the complement… I agree it’s an okay weight for me, but I think if I condition, it will probably go down, if not, it’s okay, it just means I retain my damn muscle so I can continue giving most mortals (not beasts) piggy back rides.

[quote]2busy wrote:

this is good.[/quote]

Yay for red boots!

The video was good, Ihe video pointed out a few things I probably was going wrong.

Your training looks great as always.
[/quote]

thanks :slight_smile: glad you liked the vid… Im glad I have T-Nation to help me with my stuff too. it’s a good resource.

I’m a member of the shit foot club too. I feel for you.

row 2km
2:10/500m 28s/m

wanted 4km, but giving foot a break

glute act x 12 x 2

squat - omg im sore as fuck in my hips - i think it’s still from riding the horse on saturday? or attempting to run??? I have NO idea! But my upper quads/groin were completely useless. really funny.

BW x 1 x 20
32,5 x 2 x 5
42,5 x 3 x 5
47,5 x 3 x 5
52,5 x 1 x 1 - couldnt any more!! burning!! lol.

yeah for cross training.

leg extension
20 x 5 x 12 - barely

BW HLRs x 3 x 7

It sounds like both horse-riding and running combined to give you super hip soreness lol!! It would be a good time to try and fit in some lower body soft tissue work within the next couple of days. Come to think of it, the crappy shoes could also be contributing to hip tightness imo, staying on top of the soft tissue stuff and replacing your shoes should help.

vacation spot and mountains are beautiful!