Velvet's Lifting and Other Fun Stuff Log

1 Like

ahh @duketheslaya he beat me again, as The slaya mentioned.
Yes it certainly helps sometimes to just go back and see if the path to the golden goals are still there.
I see some logs, have EDITs in the first post, were it’s possible to follow the progress and even when programs or goals change, then there is a note to which log number. That’s clever.

1 Like

1 Like

That’s a cool idea I haven’t thought of. I don’t particularly loathe putting 2.5s on (especially for a nice clean number like 300 or 500).

But I hate loading things like 270, 310, 400 etc. No thanks.

1 Like

That’s why I just stick to 45’s, 25’s, 10’s. Rarely use 5’s or 2.5’s. But I’m lazy lol.

2 Likes

I saw this template in the book and I really like the look of it. I do something similar in my training and it seems to work. Lets you mix up the reps a bit for sure!

1 Like

I don’t have “THE BOOK” seen five and dime here and there.
Is that a two day a week program?

1 Like

Truly haha.

I can’t be bothered to make a gif, but one of Charlie doing kitten mittens “You are so dumb!” would be great.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t mind tossing on the 2.5s at all, like if my top set on something is 190 or 230, that’s cool. Yesterday my first two work sets called for 110 and 130… pass haha.

I’ll definitely follow the numbers a bit closer when the program has a higher training max and those first two a little more meaningful though.

1 Like

Yeah I had passed it over a few times, but when I took a look through last weekend trying to decide my next go around I was like whoa, this is perfect!

1 Like

It’s a 3 day/week program, not including conditioning of course. Without giving too much info away, it’s basically a full body program with alternating volume/intensity days for each lift.

2/14/18

Five and Dime - Leader - W1/C1/D2

Warmup:

Jumps/throws
Straight arm pulldowns

Dead:
45x10
135x5
185x5
225x5
245x15

Bench:
45x10
95x5
115x5
135x5
145x5x5

Reverse crunch:
4x12

Pullups:
3x8

Floor press: (football bar, middle grips)
75x19,13,10 (350 method - 42 reps)

Was running a bit late yesterday so tried to blast through this as fast as possible. A bit under 45 minutes, I was feeling it. I think I was physically capable of pulling
a couple more reps so… “My mind is tellin’ me noo… but my body, my body… is also telling me nooo”.

First time doing floor presses, I like em! Gonna spend the day driving and scouting properties, will hit some moderate conditioning work when I get home.

4 Likes

2/15/18

Conditioning

Airdyne: Fartleks - 15mins

No real rhyme or reason with these, just varying the intensity and duration of effort throughout.

Also got a couple miles of hiking in hard pack snow done today, sometimes work doesn’t suck.

3 Likes

Work sounds interesting

Sounds like an interesting job

It certainly is. Part of the gig includes meeting land owners and scouting their properties for our services. It’s a camping startup (www.tentrr.com) so the land is usually pretty remote and in really beautiful locations. Pretty nifty concept!

Nice website. It looks awesome. I may need to hit you up this summer when my daughter and I take our road trip. Glamping would be fun for a night

1 Like

If you two are heading towards upstate NY or ME on your trip I’d definitely recommend it! The best campsites get booked up for the whole season relatively soon I guess (first season here) so if it’s of interest keep an eye out!

2/16/18

Five and Dime - Leader - C1/W1/D3

Warmup:

Jumps/throws
Pullaparts
Peterson step ups

Squat:
45x10
135x5
155x5
185x15

Press:
45x10
55x5
65x5
75x5x5

Reverse lunges:
45x30,20

Deadstop BB row: (pins at 1)
95x10
115x10
135x3x10

Front raise: (football bar, wide grips)
25x20,13,9 (350 method - 42 reps)

Airdyne: 10mins moderate pace

So the 350 method is pretty cool. Glad I tried it, but I think I’m going to stick with the circuit style of assistance I’ve been doing, it seems to match up better with my current training mentality at the moment.

Happy Friday everyone!

3 Likes

Like the step ups. May add them to my work once I start the rehab of this hammy

1 Like