Velocity vs. Get Shredded?

Wanted to get some opinions from those who have tried both diets. I am on the V-Diet for the first time and i’m 17 days in. Happy so far, but i’m just wondering if Berardi’s diet (being much higher in good fats) does a better job of helping to metabolize bodyfat during a cut? I got great results from the Get Shredded diet over a 7 week span as well.

Any opinions appreciated.

from what i understand, weight loss isn’t actually the primary goal of the v-diet. it’s more meant to kick bad food habits and “reset” your taste buds to crave the healthy rather than craving milkshakes and entire bags of tootsie rolls.

but you mentioned that you already did the get shredded diet and you’re currently on the V-Diet. in a few weeks when you’re done w/ the V-Diet, you can be the judge for yourself as far as the fat loss aspect goes.

It depends alot on the person, I wouldn’t say it’s any better at mobilizing bodyfat. They are both low calorie, low carb and will mobilize it just fine.

I would actually be allowed a few more calories on get shredded, but found V diet tough if anyone else had food in the house.

In the end they are just two different knives to cut teh same cake.

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:
from what i understand, weight loss isn’t actually the primary goal of the v-diet. it’s more meant to kick bad food habits and “reset” your taste buds to crave the healthy rather than craving milkshakes and entire bags of tootsie rolls.
[/quote]

I think it’s safe to say that fat loss IS the primary function of the V-Diet.

Any change in cravings would be considered a secondary benefit.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:
[/quote]

I think it’s safe to say that fat loss IS the primary function of the V-Diet.

Any change in cravings would be considered a secondary benefit.[/quote]

fair enough… i guess i had the roles reversed since the change in cravings would help fat loss long term outside of the 28 days or whatever it is that youre on the v-diet. i didn’t mean to imply that the fat loss isn’t an important aspect of the v-diet. should have been clearer.

I did two weeks on the V-Diet, then switched to the Get Shredded diet for two weeks.

I agree with previous posts…they may be pretty similar in terms of efficacy.

The V-Diet helped me break out of some horrible dietary habits, but I only needed two weeks of it and then I was good. The Get Shredded diet is much easier to do, if you ask me. I like real food. Switching from V-Diet to Get Shredded certainly did not hurt my results…if anything, they really started to speed up, BUT…that is because I concurrently switched from the NEPA-style low-intensity cardio to much more intense stuff, so I got a boost from that as well.

I would recommend that if you are mentally ok on the V-Diet, stick with it until you are not happy with your results. Then you’ll have the Get Shredded diet in your back pocket to get yourself kick-started again.