Velocity Support Group

I did my own version the V-Diet last summer and had great success. I lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks and maintained my strength and I will be doing a modified version of it here soon most likely.

One thing you guys may want to try if your cravings are getting bad is to buy a can of olives and munch down a couple here and there. I found that something salty after 5 sweet shakes a day is just what the doctor ordered, and a handful of olives will not make or break you.

Just my 2 cents, good luck with the diet.

dude, i would rather lick my own a-hole after my velocity shat than eat olives. but hey, whatever helps YOU.

nooge.

[quote]thelaw12186 wrote:
if I eat a can a day how much will this hinder my effects, or will it hinder them at all?

Thanks guys,

Law[/quote]

Um, it will make 0 difference.

Sounds like everyone is doing great on the V-Diet.

I would say to those that are adding in a 70cal serving of tuna or something similar to NOT EVEN WORRY about it. When you think about how low the calories on this diet are, its almost a GOOD IDEA to add a few extra calories in some days.

Keep up the fasted cardio and the shakes everyone, all will be well. It gets so much easier after week 2 and its almost not even an issue at week 4, so stick with it.

And as far as the fat asses eating pizza and laughing at you… Just slap them on the gut and say “How’s them ribs, tubby?” The shake will magically double in flavor afterwards.

yo Lonnie,

well since it looks like its only you and I in this thread, this post is goin to you.

3rd Day today:

Yesterday was a sinch. I went out to food with some friends, guzzled down green tea and water but the burgers they were eating. (thought about taking the thing and shoving it in my mouth) Anyways, things arent that bad. Last night lifting was intense and I could feel myself losing weight. lol. Anyways going good so far, dreading next week.

ALMOST OUT OF Metabolic Drive!!! I ORDERED MY TUB, MORE Surge, ZMA ON MONDAY NIGHT SO IM HOPING IT GETS TO ME!!!

Law[/quote]

Just out of morbid curiosity… you didn’t just order one tub of Metabolic drive, right?? The diet takes around 12 to 15 to complete (with transition).

Lonnie,

Everythings getting a little easier. As far as the ZMA, people told me to take it at night and the bottle says to take 3 throughout the day, what should I do. And if I take it at night do I take 3 pills?

Also what workout plan did you use?

Any suggestions?

Law

thanks for all the help by the way.

… As far as the ZMA, people told me to take it at night and the bottle says to take 3 throughout the day, what should I do. And if I take it at night do I take 3 pills? [/quote]

It is best to take ZMA at night, as it generally helps people sleep. It is also a good idea to avoid calcium around the time of taking the supplement, so taking it at one time means you only need to find one time to take it.

Other then that it may not matter.

Well this seems to be the best place to put up this question.

Right now I am losing weight, just too slowly for my liking at the moment. I’m 245lb right now and a month and a half ago was 257lb, with over a 20%BF. I’ve gotten my food and nutrition in order and seeing shape changes in the way my body is looking. So really what my question would be is do I use the V-diet to kick start and then go into the T-Dawg diet or start with the T-dawg diet then goto the V-diet?

Really I am looking to drop down to about 200 lbs before I start to build back up. Any adivce or tips would be appreciated.

Adam

Yo Adam,

I am in the same boat as you as far as being a new comer and don’t really like to give out any tips about things I still am trying to learn myself but one of the questions you asked, I do know! As far as using this as a start off, Shugs (the author of Velocity Diet) said that this is ideal for those just starting off… kind of an extra boost and to help put your body in check. So yes, its cool.

People who have completed this diet have reported that by the end of it, eating healthy isn’t tasking its what they prefer. Kind of a way to minipulate your mind and body, to do and be what you want.

Keep posting away, glad this thread is getting some use.

Law

Make sure you guys continually read and re-read all the V-Diet articles and threads…it really helped keep me motivated. Plus, there are lots of things you can forget.

I’m not sure if I mentioned it or not but make sure you’re drinking at least 1 gallon of water per day. I’ve been going through 1.5-2 gallons per day (including all shakes). You’ll piss like a race horse…but that’s a good thing.

Here are all the VD links (in order):

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=546491

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=563877

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=538216

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=543421

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=559702

Adam - yes, as long as you’re training to “maintain” lean muscle (don’t expect to gain muscle), it’s ok to start with the V-Diet and transition into T-Dawg 2.0. That’s what I’ve done and it worked well for me. As far as a workout plan, I went with CT’s OVT (because I was in the middle of it) but would do Shugs workout (in his original V-Diet article) if I was just starting out.

Law - how’s the diet working for ya? Haven’t seen any updates and I’m wondering if you’re sticking to it and how things are going.

Later,
Nater

…if I eat a can a day how much will this hinder my effects, or will it hinder them at all?..[/quote]

The only problem with that is the sodium. It may not look like much, but when you think about the shakes have little to none, and the amount of water you are drinking, adding in a bunch of sodium is not a good idea. What you’ll really hinder is your self-esteem. When you finish the diet you’ll always wonder how much better it would have worked for you if you hadn’t eaten the tuna and just followed the diet the way it should be.

I’m at the end of week 3 and have lost alomst 8 lbs so far. I didn’t have as much to lose as some do on this, so I’m happy so far with the ~8. The more you have to lose, the faster you’ll lose it. It is certainly possible to lose 20 lbs on this diet, but definitely not if you only have about 20 lbs to lose. Also- be careful to limt your moderate to high intensity cardio. This can be very counter-productive if your calorie level doesn’t support it. You will effectively shut off your metabolism.

One thing I’ve noticed about this diet is that it’s not very effective by itself. If you go from burgers and fries right into the V-Diet- you will surely lose a ton of weight. But if you were already eating very healthy prior to it, including 200+ grams of protein, lots of water, lower fats/carbs, moderate cals, MS HOT-ROX, then it really won’t give you the boost/jump you were looking for. It is great to break out of a plateau for sure, but 4 weeks is really not necessary. You could probably have fairly good results, given you were eating good to begin with, by just doing the V-Diet in 1 week increments when you reach a plateau. Or if you just want to change things up. Shug’s a smart guy, but his diet is not bulletproof, and doesn’t work the same for everyone.

You never know what you’re capable of until you try it though, I’ll give it that. I have found I have some odd salt cravings now, when I never used to care much about salt before.

I have one more question about the V-diet…With having the 5-6 shakes a day how is it that you are getting enough protien from that? To me that is only coming up to around 120grams of protien…dont we need more protien then that to maintain muscle mass?

[quote]Raimisch wrote:
I have one more question about the V-diet…With having the 5-6 shakes a day how is it that you are getting enough protien from that? To me that is only coming up to around 120grams of protien…dont we need more protien then that to maintain muscle mass? [/quote]

One shake is 40 grams (2 scoops) of protein. 5 shakes should be 200 grams. Did you read the actual V-Diet?

Alright, so how many pills of ZMA should I take at night? And is this the only time I should take it?

Law

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Raimisch wrote:
I have one more question about the V-diet…With having the 5-6 shakes a day how is it that you are getting enough protien from that? To me that is only coming up to around 120grams of protien…dont we need more protien then that to maintain muscle mass?

One shake is 40 grams (2 scoops) of protein. 5 shakes should be 200 grams. Did you read the actual V-Diet?[/quote]

Yes I did read the actual diet and must have misread about the amount of scoops for a shake. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Alright, so how many pills of ZMA should I take at night? And is this the only time I should take it?

Law[/quote]

Take 3 ZMA 30-60 minutes before going to bed…and yes, that’s the only time you should take it.

I’ll try and answer some of the questions people have asked. Semi long post coming up.

Protein Amount: The amount of protein in the shakes is dependent on your weight. Most people will use 2 scoops per shake(10 total scoops, 200 total grams of protein from the shakes), maybe a 3rd scoop in one shake if they are pushing 200 or so. After you get up past 200-225 you will start using around 3 scoops per shake for caloric reasons.

ZMA: I usually take 2 at night because I also take a multivit which provides both minerals as well (although from a different source, which I think is cool.)

Kick Start or Big Finish?: I personally wont be doing this diet again as a “kickstart”. While I think the rapid fat loss is cool, I still didnt end up quite where I wanted at the end which leaves me still in diet mode (and slightly dissapointed). Rather I would diet down to a fairly lean state (10 - 12%) and then finish up with the V-diet to give the sluggish final-few-weeks the kick in the pants they need.

Remember : While the diet is fast and effective, it still isnt a miracle. On a standard diet I lose around 2lbs of fat per week, and on the V-diet I think I kicked it up to 3… cool but not amazing. Thats one of the reasons I will be using as the “Big Finish!”, because typically fat loss slows down towards the end of a cutting phase, and a super high protein/fat diet might be the answer.

Looking to the Future: Transition, Transition, Transition! It is so important that you don’t go crazy when you get off the diet. After eating 1500 - 1800 calories for weeks on end your body is primed to pack on the fat. I’m 2 weeks out and still drinking one shake as a meal per day. I might keep it like that for convenience sake for a while.

Gradually add back the carbs (veggies and wheat bread is what I added) and increase the intensity of the cardio. The cardio is helping me acheive a leaner state than I was at post-velocity I think. Still only eating around 2500 calories a day.

Keep up the good work! Week 3 and 4 are so easy, just get to them and you will see!

Chew gum when not downing shakes or drinking water. It makes things more tolerable.

how many days did it take for you to start to lose weight?

I’m looking to start tomorrow. Only problem is I can only find the HOT-ROX locally. Does anyone know of some good substitutes for the Surge, and Metabolic Drive?