Velocity Sports Performance

Has anybody ever heard of this gym/chain. They have several locations across the country, including Raleigh, NC, where I live. They seem to cater to professional atheletes down to weekend warriors. I was thinking about talking to them about getting some instruction on cleans/snatches.

I think their specialty is more related to speed development in terms of running for football, basketball and track. There’s no facility near me but I recall reading about them. They may indeed have O lifting there but I’d contact some of the experts here (Staley, Chad W. Chris) for instruction…

Without a doubt, I have read all of the articles on this site and others about the clean and snatch. The recent articles by Coach Staley were awesome and really helped me. I just would like to have someone actually watch me do the exercises to see if they see any flaws.

I’m NOT advertising for them, but one of the requirements for an instructor position here in Houston was a USAW certification. Of course this may not be universal…

Having said that, being in a relatively large town, I’d imagine that there’s a weightlifting club near you, with better qualified instructors.

Cheers

They’re popping up all over the place now. Steve Plisk actually runs one here in CT, although I can’t say that I’ve heard positive or negative comments about the chain in general. I do, however, get a bit suspicious of franchising; hopefully, they won’t fall into the cookie cutter approach mentality. Each athlete is unique, and you have to be constantly adapting, innovating, and learning. Why not give it a shot and see what you find?

Another option would be to contact a nearby university with varsity sport coaches. Most of them should be able to teach you to O-lift properly.

I go to NC State, and the assistant strength and conditioning coach for our football team is CJ Hunter (at least for the time being). Maybe I could get him to give me a hand.

Send me a digital video from 2-3 different angles and we’ll critique your form right here

[quote]barker wrote:
Without a doubt, I have read all of the articles on this site and others about the clean and snatch. The recent articles by Coach Staley were awesome and really helped me. I just would like to have someone actually watch me do the exercises to see if they see any flaws.[/quote]

Wow. It may take me a few days to get the technical aspects of this worked out, but I’m going to try to take you up on this. Thank you very much!!!