Velocity Diet Question

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

I lost all desires for fried foods, fast foods, and most sweets. Before the V-Diet I’d avoided these things (most of the time). Afterward, they disgusted me.

It started with the single solid meal per week, which for me was usually a steak, a sweet potato and a salad. I was shocked that I was wanting the salad more than anything. After 28 days, a plate of steamed veggies or a big green salad looked like cake to me. And watching someone eat something fried was like watching them eat a turd.

But wait… it’s not all sunshine and rainbows. My love of pizza remains. And it’s funny, but hundreds for former fatties have told me the same after they got off the V-Diet. They developed a taste for veggies and lost their desires for overly sweet foods or fried food, but pizza? Nope.

Behold the power of the pie!

So, with my newest diet article, The Quality Mass Diet, I had my pizza about once a every week or two and kept it “big 'n clean” at all other times. Worked great.

Maybe a second round of V-Dieting would knock the pizza lust, but since I’m still lean I just don’t need a round two. Maybe someone else can report on this if they need a second go-around on the Velocity Diet.
[/quote]

I don’t think I could ever lose my lust for pizza. But more importantly, I don’t think I want to. Pizza is the ultimate food. I seriously, could eat it every freakin’ day. I have an uncanny ability to be able to name what kind’ve pizza my co-workers have for lunch just by looking at it! Yeah, that’s probably not a good thing. And that’s probably why I need to lose about 20 or so pounds. But damn, pizza is good.

So, far so good on the diet. I haven’t had any cravings yet. But last night I found myself almost falling into an old habit. My wife works afternoon-evening hours and we use to go out to dinner acouple of times a week when she would get done. Well, after returning home from my workout last night I was asking myself where I wanted to go to dinner when she got off of work! I quickly slapped myself in the head and realized that I couldn’t because i’m using my solid meal on saturday morning. Old habits die hard.

Question. I am playing in a volleyball tournament all day on Saturday. I was going to have a nice bowl of oatmeal in the morning, a couple of HOT-ROX and shakes for the remainder of the day. That should be adequate to get me through the tournament right?

[quote]brunottfn wrote:
i am on day 6 of the v diet already losing a taste for peanut m&ms. [/quote]

Why would you come into a V-Diet thread and mention peanut m&ms? I hate you!!! LOL

As far as sweet go, i’ve never had a sweet tooth. Even as a kid. Maybe that’s why i’ve never had a cavity. But I could sit down and eat 5 huge bags of peanut m&ms…mmmmmmmmmmm…peanut m&ms…

[quote]dre wrote:

Question. I am playing in a volleyball tournament all day on Saturday. I was going to have a nice bowl of oatmeal in the morning, a couple of HOT-ROX and shakes for the remainder of the day. That should be adequate to get me through the tournament right?[/quote]

Good plan re: oatmeal in the morning. That’ll help a lot. Add some blueberries or strawberries too.

Now, you may not be in an ideal sports-playing state while on this diet, but hey, you ain’t exactly getting paid to be in this volleyball tourney, right? No gold medals on the line? Endorsement deals?

I’m kidding. It’s all about priorities. And I’ll bet fat loss is more important than being perfectly primed for a volleyball game for you at this time.

But all that said, if you need something like a Metabolic Drive bar mid-day, then go for it. Just don’t let that turn into a rationalization: “I played hard all day; I deserve a cheat meal…” etc. Slippery slope!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

Good plan re: oatmeal in the morning. That’ll help a lot. Add some blueberries or strawberries too.

Now, you may not be in an ideal sports-playing state while on this diet, but hey, you ain’t exactly getting paid to be in this volleyball tourney, right? No gold medals on the line? Endorsement deals?

I’m kidding. It’s all about priorities. And I’ll bet fat loss is more important than being perfectly primed for a volleyball game for you at this time.

But all that said, if you need something like a Metabolic Drive bar mid-day, then go for it. Just don’t let that turn into a rationalization: “I played hard all day; I deserve a cheat meal…” etc. Slippery slope!

[/quote]

Yeah, I forgot to write it but I was planning on adding the blueberries. Like I said, i’m trying to follow this exactly like you did it.

Well, I heard some scouts from UCLA were going to be there. But now that they heard i’m trying this new diet they decided to cancel their trip. DAMNIT!

And you are right, fat loss is my number one goal right now. The volleyball tournament is just for fun. I hope I can remember that if I start to play bad. Anyways, i’ll bring along the bonus metabolic drive bar I received with my last order from T-Nation. I’ve been dying to try that thing.

I absolutely won’t let myself cheat on this diet. I am probably going to be driving seperate so I can come straight home after the tournament. I know that my buddies are going to be stopping to eat somewhere and I don’t want to put myself in that situation.

Thanks again for the quick advice.

Alright, i’m very, very pissed at myself. Like I have stated in my blog, I did great this past week on my first week of the V-Diet. And then the weekend happened.

2 freakin’ cheat meals and I think I gained back 2-3 pounds of the 5 that I lost. MOTHERTRUCKER!

I hate how weak I become on the weekends. During the week i’m focused, no cravings and ready to go. But once the weekend comes around I become a completely different animal. It’s like i’m looking for reasons to give up for those 2 days. Why?

What is my problem? It’s got to be completely mental.

So, fellow T-Nationers, how can I keep focused on the weekends. How can I stay strong when I feel like giving in?

sulks off to get some green tea

i believe adding in some BCAA’s like Chris had mentioned in the BCAA thread, would be very beneficial, but if cash was an issue i don’t think you would be able to do that type of thing.

I think its time for V-Diet 2006.

-Metabolic Drive Protein
-Flameout instead of fish oil (at least 4 of the caps)
-HOT-ROX Extreme
-BCAA pills

Come one Chris…Get RIPPPED up and then let us know… then take a picture for Christs sake. I wont claim steerrroooyyyddsss.

I’m sure this has been covered - but how are most people coming off the V-Diet? I mean at day 29, are you adding in just 1 whole meal? Or jumping to t-dawg 2.0? Or something else? I just don’t think I can handle liquid meals for much longer than 28 days.

I’m just curious how going back to whole foods is affecting different people and how their bodies are responding.

R

Dewd get some hoodia tea, or eat some guar gum tabs on the morning of sat and sun. you will have hard enough time looking at food let alone eating it. hunger suppressants like this really turn you off of food.

Or just keep a picture of some dead kittens beside a pile of someone elses poo. If you get hungry, look at it, it should kill your appetite. But loading up on guar gum tabs can really “fill” you up. not too many though. you might shit a huge long guar gum rope.

-chris

Oh yeah and quit being a fat pussy, i find you repulsive. ;o)

[quote]dre wrote:
Alright, i’m very, very pissed at myself. Like I have stated in my blog, I did great this past week on my first week of the V-Diet. And then the weekend happened.

2 freakin’ cheat meals and I think I gained back 2-3 pounds of the 5 that I lost. MOTHERTRUCKER!

I hate how weak I become on the weekends. During the week i’m focused, no cravings and ready to go. But once the weekend comes around I become a completely different animal. It’s like i’m looking for reasons to give up for those 2 days. Why?

What is my problem? It’s got to be completely mental.

So, fellow T-Nationers, how can I keep focused on the weekends. How can I stay strong when I feel like giving in?

sulks off to get some green tea[/quote]