Velocity Diet Question

Alright, i’ve read just about everything I can on the Velocity Diet. So I really hope i’m not asking a question that has already been answered.

My question is this. Would it be ok to mix Metabolic Drive w/ Grow! Whey for the duration of the V-Diet?

Currently I am using all my old protein powders because I couldn’t justify getting new stuff without using the old stuff. I am currently combining a regular whey protein with a micellear casein protein. One scoop each in my protein shakes. Which is essentially what I would be doing by comining the Metabolic Drive w/ the Grow! Whey.

Is this going to be a problem? They both are low carb and about the same amount of calories.

My main reason for wanting to do this is financial. Money is tight and I can get more bang for my buck by mixing the two.

Any advice would be great. And i’m sorry in advance if this question has already been answered. But like I said, I didn’t see it.

If the matter is financial, I think it’s ok. Any type of protein is better than no protein. If you can, wait till you’ve saved enough money for the diet. It’s tough diet, so I say wait till you can do it right.

Thats what i did. I used ON protein every other meal. The other meals i used Metabolic Drive. Worked great for me. I lost 18 pounds in 28 days.

I think it’s very important to get a high amount of micellar casein in this diet, so Metabolic Drive is best. It’s not just about calories and carbs and grams of protein, but the specific properties/actions of the type of protein. Metabolic Drive is what you’ll have the most success with.

I see questions like this a lot on this and other forums. In fact, there are those posting V-Diet logs right now on other sites who are not using a single product I suggested. They will, in all likelihood, fail.

But hey, they may save a few bucks! Personally, I’d rather spend the extra dough and actually succeed, wouldn’t you?

The Velocity Diet has been out there a while now and I get feedback daily on it. The message is clear: those who succeed stick with the diet as written with very few, if any, modifications. Those who fail are the same ones who make the most changes.

So, it’s up to you.

Now, there are a few changes I’d make. For example, I’d switch to HOT-ROX Extreme, which just wasn’t out yet when the diet was first published. But other than that, the plan is near perfect: insanely fast fat loss with little to no muscle loss (and many even report muscle gain.) Why mess with success?

[quote]Robert Monti wrote:
If the matter is financial, I think it’s ok. Any type of protein is better than no protein. If you can, wait till you’ve saved enough money for the diet. It’s tough diet, so I say wait till you can do it right.[/quote]

Well, i’ve already started! And reading the ingredients between the two, I really don’t think they are much different. The only real difference I can see is one using Whey only and one uses Casein and Whey. Since Casein digests a lot slower than Whey, I would think that would be the reason to take only the Drive. To keep you feeling fuller longer. But I could be wrong.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
I think it’s very important to get a high amount of micellar casein in this diet, so Metabolic Drive is best. It’s not just about calories and carbs and grams of protein, but the specific properties/actions of the type of protein. Metabolic Drive is what you’ll have the most success with.

I see questions like this a lot on this and other forums. In fact, there are those posting V-Diet logs right now on other sites who are not using a single product I suggested. They will, in all likelihood, fail.

But hey, they may save a few bucks! Personally, I’d rather spend the extra dough and actually succeed, wouldn’t you?

The Velocity Diet has been out there a while now and I get feedback daily on it. The message is clear: those who succeed stick with the diet as written with very few, if any, modifications. Those who fail are the same ones who make the most changes.

So, it’s up to you.

Now, there are a few changes I’d make. For example, I’d switch to HOT-ROX Extreme, which just wasn’t out yet when the diet was first published. But other than that, the plan is near perfect: insanely fast fat loss with little to no muscle loss (and many even report muscle gain.) Why mess with success?

[/quote]

Honestly, I couldn’t agree with you more. I have read many threads on this board where people are saying they are on the V-Diet but then switch it up so much it’s really not the V-Diet. I’m trying to follow your plan exactly.

I’m taking the HOT-ROX Extreme and using Surge post workout.

I love this diet so far and I don’t want to mess with success. So, if you are trying to guilt trip me into taking only the Metabolic Drive, I guess it’s worked! LOL I’ll suck it up and spend the extra bucks.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. And again, i’m keeping a daily journal under the blog in my profile, if anyone wants to check it out.

Its your money…

[quote]beaul wrote:
Its your money…[/quote]

Right. I’ve done the math and it seems that I would only be saving myself about $40-$45. Like Chris said, I would rather shell out the extra dough and do it right than do it half assed.

But i’ve never been very good at math so I could be totally off on that number. God I hate math.

stick with 2 scoops of Metabolic Drive more filling cutting it with a scoop of whey will come back to haunt you at 11pm when you are starving on day 10

[quote]beaul wrote:
Thats what i did. I used ON protein every other meal. The other meals i used Metabolic Drive. Worked great for me. I lost 18 pounds in 28 days.[/quote]

Quick note: For those that MUST use an inexpensive whey along with Metabolic Drive, I’d suggest mixing them (1 scoop MD, 1 scoop whey) rather than alternating. That way you’re getting some micellar casein in each shake.

[quote]brunottfn wrote:
stick with 2 scoops of Metabolic Drive more filling - cutting it with a scoop of whey will come back to haunt you at 11pm when you are starving on day 10[/quote]

Very true!

I just got a few PMs about some V-Diet modifications, so I’d thought I’d share some observations and experiences.

Here’s the big one: one of the unexpected side effects of the strict V-Diet is a permanent change in tastes and dietary habits. For example, the person who hates vegetables suddenly starts to crave them 3 weeks into the diet, while at the same begins to lose a taste for fried foods or doughnuts. These changes usually stick post-diet.

When a modified V-Diet or even the single solid meal “easy” version I outlined in the original articles, these taste/habit changes don’t seem to be as prevalent.

That’s a shame, because although dropping 12 to 20 pounds of fat in 28 days is great, that’s nothing compared to making these lifelong dietary changes.

Because of that, I’ll always suggest a very strict version of the Velocity Diet.

I just got a few PMs about some V-Diet modifications, so I’d thought I’d share some observations and experiences.

Here’s the big one: one of the unexpected side effects of the strict V-Diet is a permanent change in tastes and dietary habits. For example, the person who hates vegetables suddenly starts to crave them 3 weeks into the diet, while at the same begins to lose a taste for fried foods or doughnuts. These changes usually stick post-diet.

When a modified V-Diet or even the single solid meal “easy” version I outlined in the original articles, these taste/habit changes don’t seem to be as prevalent.

That’s a shame, because although dropping 12 to 20 pounds of fat in 28 days is great, that’s nothing compared to making these lifelong dietary changes.

Because of that, I’ll always suggest a very strict version of the Velocity Diet.

[/quote]

Like I said, i’m going to follow your diet exactly as you have outlined.

I definitely want to change my eating habits for good and get rid of my fried food cravings. I luckily don’t have a sweet tooth, but I could eat buffalo wings and jalapeno poppers for every freakin’ meal.

Thanks again for answering my questions.

Because of that, I’ll always suggest a very strict version of the Velocity Diet. [/quote]

For those skeptical about the food craving deal- it’s very true. Yes it’s possible that you could go three weeks without eating pizza and still “crave” it, just not after the v-diet. There is just something about drinking all of your meals for 28 days that makes you come to appreciate solid healthy food. Part of it is you never want to get fatter again and have to do those 28 days over, no doubt, but the other part is simply that “forget” the cravings. They just become less important and you think about them less.

My $0.02…

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:

For those skeptical about the food craving deal- it’s very true. Yes it’s possible that you could go three weeks without eating pizza and still “crave” it, just not after the v-diet. There is just something about drinking all of your meals for 28 days that makes you come to appreciate solid healthy food. Part of it is you never want to get fatter again and have to do those 28 days over, no doubt, but the other part is simply that “forget” the cravings. They just become less important and you think about them less.

My $0.02…[/quote]

Yeah, I have read numerous posts by people who have completed the V-Diet and they are saying that exact thing. Honestly, I just can’t imagine not craving pizza or fried foods.

If I get done with this diet and don’t crave junk food anymore. I’m going to personally find Chris, and give him a big ol’ hug and kiss. On second thought, maybe i’ll just say “Thanks.”

Yeah, that sounds much better. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

[quote]dre wrote:
Yeah, I have read numerous posts by people who have completed the V-Diet and they are saying that exact thing. Honestly, I just can’t imagine not craving pizza or fried foods.

If I get done with this diet and don’t crave junk food anymore. I’m going to personally find Chris, and give him a big ol’ hug and kiss. On second thought, maybe i’ll just say “Thanks.”

Yeah, that sounds much better. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.[/quote]

You might as well, everyone else who comes in contact with him seems to want to molest him…

I lost all desires for fried foods, fast foods, and most sweets. Before the V-Diet I’d avoided these things (most of the time). Afterward, they disgusted me.

It started with the single solid meal per week, which for me was usually a steak, a sweet potato and a salad. I was shocked that I was wanting the salad more than anything. After 28 days, a plate of steamed veggies or a big green salad looked like cake to me. And watching someone eat something fried was like watching them eat a turd.

But wait… it’s not all sunshine and rainbows. My love of pizza remains. And it’s funny, but hundreds for former fatties have told me the same after they got off the V-Diet. They developed a taste for veggies and lost their desires for overly sweet foods or fried food, but pizza? Nope.

Behold the power of the pie!

So, with my newest diet article, The Quality Mass Diet, I had my pizza about once a every week or two and kept it “big 'n clean” at all other times. Worked great.

Maybe a second round of V-Dieting would knock the pizza lust, but since I’m still lean I just don’t need a round two. Maybe someone else can report on this if they need a second go-around on the Velocity Diet.

Maybe a second round of V-Dieting would knock the pizza lust, but since I’m still lean I just don’t need a round two. Maybe someone else can report on this if they need a second go-around on the Velocity Diet.[/quote]

I’m considering a second go-round. Third really, but I failed so miserably the first time I don’t really count it.

Pizza is not my concern, as I don’t really “crave” it. I like it, but don’t crave it. One of the only things I still actually crave, on a daily basis, is ice cream. I’m hoping to lose that this time around. I doubt I will though, it’s so powerful it just laughs at pizza.

I’ve been experiementing on ways to turn M-Drive into Ice Cream, but it just doesn’t go over well. I’m going to keep trying.

CS i read your eat like a man article you seemed pleased with the results could tell me how much weight you lost in the cutting part and do you recomend it thanks.i am on day 6 of the v diet already losing a taste for peanut m&ms.

[quote]brunottfn wrote:
CS i read your eat like a man article you seemed pleased with the results could tell me how much weight you lost in the cutting part and do you recomend it thanks.i am on day 6 of the v diet already losing a taste for peanut m&ms. [/quote]

The “Eat Like a Man” article was based on the Anabolic Diet. That was about 7 years ago, no idea how much fat loss that was. Maybe I wrote it in the follow-up article. But that diet is badly outdated (no post-workout consideration, etc.) Plus the results didn’t “stick” like the V-Diet’s. A better one is the T-Dawg Diet 2.0, also outdated but better than the AD.