[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Tomorrow, I will be embarking on the V-Diet and was wondering a few things.
- Is it acceptable to use Flax Oil capsules instead of Flax oil or ground up flax seeds??? How many caps should I take w/ each shake???
Yes, but you may need to take a lot of them compared to using just oil. If you ditch the ground seeds, you’re also losing the fiber, part of the reason milled flax is recommended. (You’ll need to do a little math based on your needs.) Why not just do the diet as written?
- Will these flax caps and fish caps cause me to emit noxious gases??? Is it Ok to take both at the same time???
You can take both. Gas? Probably not. You’ll find out.
- I’m not a huge fan of Surge, is there something I can mix it with to make it taste better???
Read label on Surge. Buy all ingredients separately, then drink it. When you’re done vomiting you’ll realize that Surge tastes very good. Otherwise, get used to it. Most people love the taste. Regardless, it’ll be a treat by the time the V-Diet is over.
- I bought some sugar free Benefiber chewables and was wondering how many to take a day???
As many as you need based on the recs written on the diet. Again, math.
- I’m a Union Laborer and my job is often physically demanding. Should I alter my daily caloric intake based on the forumulas probided due to increased expenditure due to said work???
You’ll find out. Give it a week or two and see.
Sounds terse, I know, but my only tips are to do the diet as recommended. The rest you’ll learn as you go based on your individual goals, needs, and reactions. [/quote]
Responses to your responses:
- Reason for the caps is that I already had a bottle someone gave me. I’ll go buy the milled flaxseeds.
What type of serving do I use to calculate my caloric breakdown of the flaxseed caps, milled flax seeds, and fish oil caps??? I have 1000mg flaxseed caps and 1000mg fish oil caps (1 cap of fish oil contains 180mg EPA/120mg DHA)
#3)OK, I’ll just chug the Surge. I was just wondering if any of the “flavors” your S/O used in her shakes would work.
#4) I think it was written to get 20-25 g of fiber a day. Based on however much milled flaxseeds I’m going to take, I assume I’m supposed to subtract those grams from 20-25 and take the chewables to make up the difference???
I’m 5’6" 220 lbs and my math indicates that I need 1600 cals on non training days and 1900 cals on training days.
Based on 5 shakes & 220 grams of protein a day. I am going to consume my first shake w/ 3 scoops, then 4 more shakes w/ 2 scoops throughout the day.
I’m just having a hard time w/ the math of the shakes + flaxseeds + fishoil caps etc… I feel like a blockhead, even though I’m normally GOOD at math. Thanks for the help and any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.