Velocity Diet...Lets Think Out Loud

Day 14: 203.3

I’m down almost 9 pounds and I’m feeling pretty good about it.

Chris talked about doing a one meal a day option, so if I did that, my decision.

Oh, and the cheat was a bag of beef jerky so lets settle down okay. That replaced a shake! Same amount of calories and more protein.

Anyway…

I’m feeling really good this diet and I know I can make it to the end. I want to get to 195. I have two weeks left and I’m know I can do it.

I should also mention that 203 is like the lowest that I’ve been in like 6 years. Awesome. I’m seeing muscles I didn’t know I had.

First off, don’t pay attention to dumbfucks who clearly don’t know what they’re talking about. Obviously he never read the follow up article written by Shugart where he clearly stated you could successfully substitute in a solid meal EVERY day during this diet. Even Shugart himself had a restaurant meal once a week on the diet.

To answer your question. That’s basically what I’ve done. I started at 6’4.5" and about 243 lbs but still pretty lean. I tried doing only shakes at first but wasn’t getting nearly enough calories from shakes alone and lost some muscle right from the start. Now I throw in a solid meal every day, usually pretty modest but there have definitely been a few days where I’ll put down 1000 cals or so in a PWO meal. Eating is my absolute favorite thing in the world and admittedly I don’t have the will power to avoid solid food. Regardless, 2 weeks in I’m down roughly 12 lbs and am noticeably leaner. No matter how you look at it, that’s not failure.

As for weighing yourself every day. A lot of things can cause your weight to fluctuate so if you weight yourself less often, you’ll have a better idea of how much weight you’re losing. Most recommend weighing yourself once a week but you could start by with every 3rd of 4th day, always at the same time of day under similar circumstances. Hope this helps, and best of luck to you.

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:
I used to wonder why Shugart would get pissed at modifications to his diet…now I know why.

And upon further reading of this thread, I found that the OP broke on day 2. That’s all. Day 2. Holy Shat.[/quote]

I guess someone has been pissing in your protein shakes, eh Bruno? Don’t worry about him, it’s his plan, his life. So what if he doesn’t follow the diet perfectly… Where’s your personal V-diet log?

This guy is actually trying to contribute something to the community and to the newcomers out there by giving them some organic, stream-of-consciousness material that catalogues the course of a V-diet. If it’s too beginner for you, then move on… There’s plenty of people that can get value from said thread.

Looking at your posting history, all you seem to do is flame people or post low-brow, dim-witted jokes… that’s a pretty miserable existence.

[quote]bitenose wrote:
This guy is actually trying to contribute something to the community and to the newcomers out there by giving them some organic, stream-of-consciousness material that catalogues the course of a V-diet. If it’s too beginner for you, then move on… There’s plenty of people that can get value from said thread.[/quote]

thanks man

[quote]bitenose wrote:
IL Cazzo wrote:
I used to wonder why Shugart would get pissed at modifications to his diet…now I know why.

And upon further reading of this thread, I found that the OP broke on day 2. That’s all. Day 2. Holy Shat.

I guess someone has been pissing in your protein shakes, eh Bruno? Don’t worry about him, it’s his plan, his life. So what if he doesn’t follow the diet perfectly… Where’s your personal V-diet log?

This guy is actually trying to contribute something to the community and to the newcomers out there by giving them some organic, stream-of-consciousness material that catalogues the course of a V-diet. If it’s too beginner for you, then move on… There’s plenty of people that can get value from said thread.

Looking at your posting history, all you seem to do is flame people or post low-brow, dim-witted jokes… that’s a pretty miserable existence.[/quote]

You gotta be shittin me. I think my posting history is quite different…but whatever. I talked to the guy in PM and it’s all good.

Oh haha wait a minute…you didnt look at my post history…you are mad that I said that if the numbers you posted in your “not another vdiet blog” post were true, I’d shit in my hat.

HAHAHa now, to the OP, I’m sorry for jumping on you…but to you bitenose, I stand by my “shitting in hat” claim.

“Where’s your personal V-diet log?”

Thought you read my post history haha

[quote]IL Cazzo wrote:
“Where’s your personal V-diet log?”

Thought you read my post history haha[/quote]

Hhahahah from my post history…

"bitenose
01/29/07
09:07 AM

Thanks for the tips Il Cazzo… The listerine and pickle juice is definitely what I need… Helps take the sweetness away… Cant stand sweet stuff

I’m also taking teaspoon shots of tabasco to satisfy the spicy food/salt craving… "

Still you feed us lies from the tablecloth.

I understand the reality you’re living in but I’m completely divorced from it. The reason why I was defending this poster was out of defference to the virtues of common sense and logic as it portends to a reasonable discussion between adults.

Your mention of you mending things over in private messages is irrelevant. I think you’re using it as some form of leverage to attempt to belittle me or lower my social value. TBH, it’s a little bit pathetic and transparent, and it doesn’t bode well for your character. I hope you don’t act that way in real life.

Do you always laugh to yourself when you talk? Because you seem to do so quite a bit when you post… Here’s a novel concept, when you tell a joke, let us decide if it’s funny or not… That’s usually how it works where I’m from.

God help you. You’re attempting to gain social status by posting on a messageboard. I don’t blame you because what you’re doing is considered natural human behavior, but you can’t seem to put 2 + 2 together and realize that the internet is an anonymous wasteland and your “rep” here means jack shit… Most people realize this sometime in their teens. Maybe you’ll grasp the concept one of these days, or maybe you’re just venting.

If you want, I could completely concede my argument and bow down to your one-liners and attempt at exerting authority, but that would be like giving a drink to an alcoholic.

I hope you break out of your shell. Done talking to you. Good luck bro.

[quote] WTF are you even doing this diet for? From your pics, it doesnt look like you could scrape enough muscle off of you to fill a thimble.
[/quote]

and later he says:

Bro…You’ve officially wasted a page of what may have been an actual blog. Also…I never received any sort of pm from you smoothing over anything.

By the way…I wish I would have looked at your pics before responding to your comments.

I’m not going to tell you how to lead your life. But I don’t want to get so big that a girl would have to see me with my shirt off to know if I was fat or carrying like 300 pounds of muscle…

I know you love these little flame wars. You’ve now posted on my own blog more then I have. Buts lets move on.

Day 15…

so heres something I learned. Maybe this was totaly obvious to everyone but me.

When you get to craving food really bad, like you want to hurt someone bad, drink a shake. It goes away.

BTW I noticed that the worst days are always after the weekly solid meal.

Its like you lose all your steam/momentum the next day.

I should say I feel better then I’ve ever felt in my adult life. My joints all feel better, and I have so much more energy. I think the 5 meals a day is so key. This is the first time I’ve ever gotten as much protein as I’ve needed.

Officially half way done. These next two weeks are going to blaze on by. I think I’m going to skip my last solid meal and power through.

Day 19

Haven’t weighed myself in a while. Hopefully I’m lower then 203.

I’m in the home stretch. Now being about 2/3 of the way done I’m really happy I’ve done this diet. It isn’t as hard as I thought.

The worst of all of the social situations it ruins. I feel like I’ve had no social life this month other then getting my one meal a week with my girl friend.

Its all worth it though. I love losing weight. I love people telling me that I look good. Its awesome. Best feeling ever.

[quote]bitenose wrote:
You’re attempting to gain social status by posting on a messageboard.[/quote]

Project much? You’ve described yourself perfectly. Do you have any idea how juvenile your pretentious posts are? “Look at me I’m so literate I’ll never use a big word when I can utilise a substantial one instead”

In contrast, I’ve lost count of how many helpful posts I’ve seen from IL Cazzo - try reading the Anabolic Diet thread sometime.

[quote]Boondoggler wrote:
First off, don’t pay attention to dumbfucks who clearly don’t know what they’re talking about. Obviously he never read the follow up article written by Shugart where he clearly stated you could successfully substitute in a solid meal EVERY day during this diet.[/quote]

I bet you’ll feel like a real “dumbfuck” when you read the follow up to the follow up which stated the meal a day option was a bad idea and that it negated the behavioural changes created by the 1 meal a week version. As far as I recall, the 1 meal a day option has been removed from the latest version & upcoming book