T Nation

Velocity Diet - Inspired by Gustavo

Well after seeing Gustavo’s Physique Clinic, it’s hard not to want to start the velocity diet. I am actually on day 5, but I would like to create a way for myself to be accountable (e.g. this thread).

Let me start with my goals, pictures and measurements:

GOALS:

1. Complete the 28 day regimen including diet, workout, and log.
  2. Burn 8 - 12 LBS of fat in the 28 day induction phase.

Height: 70"
Weight: 217 LBS
Waist: 42.125"
Chest: 46.25"

Biceps:
L - 14.375"
R - 14.75"

Forearms:
L - 11.5"
R - 12"

Quads:
L - 26"
R - 25.75"

Calves
L - 15"
R - 14.75"

Caloric Intake:
Lower Limit: 1408
Upper Limit: 1708

Pic #2

Pic #3

Pic #4

pic #5

pic #6

pic #7

Last pic

Day 5:

Up until this point I have followed the plan to the letter, and have adopted Waterbury’s workout plan. Here are my meals for today, I have two different kinds of protein powder, chocolate and vanilla:

1.5 vanilla schoop
1.5 serving flax seed

2 scoops chocolate
2 servings flax seed

1 scoop chocolate
1 scoop vanilla
6 fish oil pills

1 scoop chocolate

1.5 serving flax seed
1.5 scoop vanilla

1.5 serving flax seed
1.5 scoop vanilla

This comes out to about 1,590 calories for today.

I performed my NEPA this morning and went for a 32 minute walk outside. The walk was a pretty easy pace as I would also be walking to and from class at school (about 15 - 20 minutes walking total).

I am tired and have a lot of cravings for food but more than anything I am noticing how often I eat for no reason. I threw away everything in the fridge and the first few days I would find myself looking inside the empty fridge even though I knew there was nothing in it, funny how habits supersede ration.

Today I found myself restless and realized that usually when I am bored I eat. I quickly turned my energy to other things (school, work). This diet has definitely helped me with my eating thus far; I am noticing that I am no longer wanting to eat all the time. Last time I went out to dinner with two of my friends, they thought I was crazy since I was just sipping my shake, but I stuck to the plan and dealt with the social pressure, something I wouldn’t have done before (which would have lead to me breaking the diet).

Tomorrow I am going to a baseball game with my girlfriend and two friends. It’s going to be tough to not eat any of the food or drink beer but I know that my solid meal is on Saturday, and I can almost taste the enormous salad I am planning to eat.

I felt like shit earlier, thought I was going to throw up. I just started taking Ritalin, so I am guessing this has something to do with it. I am looking forward to tomorrow’s workout, I’ll post my numbers tomorrow evening.

I don’t think you’re supposed to take all 6 fish oil caps at once. Might want to spread them out through the day. Other than that, keep it up! 4 more days to go for me :smiley:

Stay Strong at that baseball game Alpha! If you want those results bad enough then you will get used to turning down any excuses for food during these 28 days.

I still have those taste changes even up to now and it has been a few months since my transition phase. Those changes are for real and they help immensely with my current nutrition plan.

I should be tired of chicken by now but I’m not. I still enjoy my foods and I only long to eat just a bit more than I am now. But I’m leaning up so no extra food for me.

Keep it Spartan Strict Alpha and make all your NEPA walks, workouts and scheduled shakes. You get what you put into the V-Diet. Make it count for you!

Day 6:

I just finished my workout #3, HOLY SHIT! At one point I threw up in my mouth a tiny bit, but didn’t want to lose the protein so back down it went. Here’s the workout:

Friday

A1 Power clean for 6 reps

1. 6 x 115
  2. 6 x 115
  3. 4 x 115
  4. 5 x 95

A2 Clap push-up for 6 reps

A3 Chin-up for 6 reps

B1 Standing dumbbell side raise for 6 reps

1. 40 x 6
  2. 40 x 6
  3. 45 x 6
  4. 45 x 6

B2 Bent over barbell row for 6 reps

1. 85 x 6
  2. 85 x 6
  3. 95 x 6
    4.115 x 6

B3 Reverse crunch on slant board for 6 reps

B4 Reverse lunge with hammer curl for 6 reps on each side
1.6 x 20
2.6 x 20
3.6 x 25
4.6 x 25

I was pretty lenient on my rest intervals today, I know its a modification but I plan to buy a stop watch this weekend and get on top of that. The workouts are great! I feel like toppling over, but I know that everything is difficult in the beginning.

Some personal changes:

1. I am not craving shitty foods nor am I eating when I am bored

2. I feel like I am a fat burning machine! I feel like I have less insulation, which is making the cold VERY noticeable…good thing it’s spring

3. Increased confidence - I have a long way to go, but being 1 day away from completing week 1 is a big step for me, it’s been a while since I’ve stuck to a routine long enough to actually see results.

I am going to the Giants game in a couple of hours, I have to figure out a way to sneak in my shakes and flax seed, those guys at the entrance are nazis about bringing stuff in. Here’s my proposed diet for today:

2 scoops chocolate
1.5 servings flax

1.5 servings vanilla
1.5 servings flax

POST WORKOUT
1.5 whey
post workout carbs (30g)

1 scoops chocolate
3 fish oil caps

1 scoops chocolate
3 fish oil caps

1.5 servings vanilla
1.5 servings flax

I am actually considering skipping my solid meal. I read some stuff by Shugart talking about cheat meals and a lot of it resonated with me (putting it on a pedastool, etc.). We’ll see though, it may be beneficial.

I’ll be back tomorrow to post my diet, GO GIANTS!

Congrats on the first 6 days I think you are going to be just fine on the V-diet Stay strong man! Good Luck!

Day 7:

Last night’s baseball game was a breeze, the diet is getting easier and easier each day, but I am prepared for those moments when I turn into a ravenous wild pig.

I had my solid meal today, it tasted great! It was a cobb salad with egg,bleu cheese, chicken, bacon bits, lettuce, avocado, and tomato. My taste buds picked up on all he different flavors, it’s crazy how my taste has changed.

Also i think it’ probably the first time in a long time that I don’t clear my plate, I got full SOO fast that I ended up leaving more than a quarter of it.

Here is my meal plan for today:

2 scoops chocolate

.25 scoop vanilla
Cobb Salad

1.5 scoop vanilla
2 servings flax seed

1 scoop chocolate
,5 scoop vanilla
2 servings flax seed

1 serving vanilla
.5 serving chocolate
1 fish capsule

I am staying at my gfs for the night, but I will have week 1 results tomorrow morning.

Enjoy the NFL draft and baseball today boys, I know I will be.

By the way, I missed out on carbs during my meal. I was going to go ahead and not even worry about it, do you guys think I need to get carbs in solid form such as a sweet potato?

[quote]lowlight wrote:
I don’t think you’re supposed to take all 6 fish oil caps at once. Might want to spread them out through the day. Other than that, keep it up! 4 more days to go for me :D[/quote]

That is not really an issue. I take a tablespoon of cod liver oil every day have done so for years.

[quote]Blashy wrote:
lowlight wrote:
I don’t think you’re supposed to take all 6 fish oil caps at once. Might want to spread them out through the day. Other than that, keep it up! 4 more days to go for me :smiley:

That is not really an issue. I take a tablespoon of cod liver oil every day have done so for years.
[/quote]

You’re talking about taking a vitamin A/vitamin D supplement that happens to have some omega 3 fatty acids. We’re talking about high dosages of omega 3 fatty acids, on a very low carb diet.

Since n-3 fatty acids are preferentially oxidized, we need to take care not to let them go to waste - they can be easily used for energy before they get absorbed. This is especially the case on a carb-reduced diet, where our body is looking for more sources of energy.

I think it’s a bad idea to take them all at once. Spread them throughout the day, so we’re not giving our bodies a high shot of easy-to-burn calories that our bodies crave on the V-Diet.