Velocity Diet Info

Hey i’m a new member to T-Nation.com but i’m addicted to this site and have been for about a year and half. I did the get shredded diet and had GREAT results and now I’m at a point to where I wanna get more cut and push my body to the limit. I read up on the Velocity Diet and i’m super pumped to do it! I just need a little more info before I get started.

I know to use the Low-Carb Metabolic Drive and milled fpax seeds and fish oils but what else? I think I saw Flameout but why? Also I based my plan of Shugart’s plan beings we are about the same weight but with his sample plan his calories were off unless i’m looking at this the wrong way. Does anyone have any ideas or helpful hints for me before I dare to attempt this?

I think you need to study up some more before you attempt the V-Diet.

Flameout is your fish oil.

Flameout is for the DHA and EPA. I take regular fish oil, because it’s cheaper, but its for the Omega 3. Metabolic Drive is your lifeblood. You will need lots, I am ravaging my stock and had to order more today and I’m only on Day 6! Fiber tablets are huge too. I read a bunch of people had Natural Peanut Butter, and it has helped significantly. So stock up on that stuff.

[quote]Trance27 wrote:
Fiber tablets are huge too. I read a bunch of people had Natural Peanut Butter, and it has helped significantly.[/quote]

I plan on doing the V-Diet over the summer or next semester (I’m broke now), so this is a good thread to be here. What is the peanut butter for? I understand the milled flax seeds (I assume I could get those at a vitamin store) and the fiber tablets (all very necessary), but the peanut butter?

The natural peanut butter has good fats and a decent amount of protein. It also helps in keeping you full for a while. It’s something to look forward to and enjoy. It gets the calorie count up without costing too much. Also, it has low carbs, and some fiber.

[quote]Trance27 wrote:
The natural peanut butter has good fats and a decent amount of protein. It also helps in keeping you full for a while. It’s something to look forward to and enjoy. It gets the calorie count up without costing too much. Also, it has low carbs, and some fiber. [/quote]

And it’s fat profile balances out all the other fats you get from the fish oil and milled flax.

-dizzle

[quote]Trance27 wrote:
The natural peanut butter has good fats and a decent amount of protein. It also helps in keeping you full for a while. It’s something to look forward to and enjoy. It gets the calorie count up without costing too much. Also, it has low carbs, and some fiber. [/quote]

Do you mix it in a shake? I eat natural peanut butter anyway, but I’m not sure how it fits into the V-Diet, that’s all.

I eat it plain, just a spoonful of it. Tastes great.

[quote]taywoo wrote:
Hey i’m a new member to T-Nation.com but i’m addicted to this site and have been for about a year and half. I did the get shredded diet and had GREAT results and now I’m at a point to where I wanna get more cut and push my body to the limit. I read up on the Velocity Diet and i’m super pumped to do it! I just need a little more info before I get started.

I know to use the Low-Carb Metabolic Drive and milled fpax seeds and fish oils but what else? I think I saw Flameout but why? Also I based my plan of Shugart’s plan beings we are about the same weight but with his sample plan his calories were off unless i’m looking at this the wrong way. Does anyone have any ideas or helpful hints for me before I dare to attempt this?[/quote]

Yes, indeed Chris’ calorie calculations were off by quite a bit in the V-Diet example. Just do the math and figure out accurate amounts for your exact body weight.

Flameout is extremely dense in DHA & EPA…take this in lieu of fish oil caps. There are high density DHA/EPA supp’s out there if you’d rather go that route.