Velocity Diet Info For A Newb?

No. I spread the weekly total over all days.

[quote]Chain Home Low wrote:
That’s good to know…especially about the coffee since I’m madly in love with the stuff.

Also, about the fist oil capsules? Do or did you guys really take 21 capsules a day on non-training days? Just because it seems excessive to me but maybe I’m wrong.[/quote]

I’m using Udo’s oil instead of salmon pills much cheaper.

Yes…I really do take that many. 4 per shake isn’t all that much.

Alright. I’ve taken in all of this great information that you all have so generously supplied me and I’ve come to the following conclusions.

I’ve decided to begin this thing on Monday. My numbers look like this:

Non-Workout Days (Tue, Thur, Sat)
2 1.5 scoops Protein shakes with ice water and 3 2 scoops Protein shakes with ice water.
4 1 Tablespoon serving of flaxseed meal
5 fish oil capsules

Calorie total = 1340
Protein total = 214
Carb total = 54.5
Fat = 24.75

WorkoutDays (Mon, Wed, Fri)
2 1.5 scoops Protein shakes with ice water and 3 2 scoops Protein shakes with ice water.
4 1 Tablespoon serving of flaxseed meal
1.5 scoops of Surge in water for post-workout

Calorie total = 1552.5
Protein total = 232.0
Carb total = 91.25
Fat total = 22.9

Personally, I think my carb count is too high and my protein count might be too high as well.

The protein I’m basing my calculations off isn’t Metabolic Drive but, instead, Respect Protein that has 49g protein per one serving (2 scoops) and 9 carbs per serving. I’m using it because I have it and my college-student status makes it hard for me to affort things like Metabolic Drive. However, I’ll buy it if I need to.

Any critiques or suggestions would be amazing and I’d really appreciate it. I’d especially be thankful if someone can confirm that my carb/protin count is too high or if it would be okay. I mean, the calories are in range (1300-1560) but those other numbers are…meh.

Anyway, thank you all for any help.

P.S. I tweaked the amount of protein that I’m using in my shakes so I could get it within my calorie range. Hence the 1.5 scoops.

Don’t drop the carbohydrates further, unless you want to do an Atkins diet. You need them to keep you from going stupid. 54g on a non-workout day is already quite low and you should watch out for any dizziness and add cards if that happens.

Don’t sweat the proteins.

[quote]TQB wrote:
Don’t drop the carbohydrates further, unless you want to do an Atkins diet. You need them to keep you from going stupid. 54g on a non-workout day is already quite low and you should watch out for any dizziness and add cards if that happens.

Don’t sweat the proteins.[/quote]

Phew…that makes me feel a lot better. I’m glad that I don’t have to recalculate the whole thing because doing it the first time through was painstaking enough.

Thanks a lot for the great info TQB. You’ve been a great help and I really appreciate it.

No Bother