Velocity Diet Help

This debate is stupid. If you match the nutrients/calories then it’s the v-diet. Shugart tried something and it worked for him, it’s better to do the same rather than treating his article like dogma.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
This debate is stupid. If you match the nutrients/calories then it’s the v-diet. Shugart tried something and it worked for him, it’s better to do the same rather than treating his article like dogma.[/quote]
wrong. I think the point is to do what you choose, just don’t relate it to Shugart’s v-diet cause it’s not the same.

The point here is that your idea might work great, or it might not. It’s hard to predict what will happen. It seems like your plan will work, but who knows for sure? The V-Diet has led to consistent results. Your diet? You’re the first to do it. Let us know how it works, and best of luck to you!

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
This debate is stupid. If you match the nutrients/calories then it’s the v-diet. Shugart tried something and it worked for him, it’s better to do the same rather than treating his article like dogma.[/quote]

There is more to a diet than just nutrients/calories. Way more.

Only people who have done the diet and failed call it dogma…

[quote]beebuddy wrote:

This is a good point. People who say, “But Chris said!” are fanboys and their opinions are valueless. Unless “what Chris says” has a basis in science, it should be disregarded. Fortunately, for Mr. Shugart, what he has said DOES have a basis in science.

Go read up on protein metabolism and gastric emptying. How quickly does whey (relative to micellar casein) empty the stomach?

What effect does that quicker emptying have on a) nitrogen retention, and b) satiety? In light of an already low-carb diet, how might a speedier gastric emptying effect the diet?

As you should know, a protein is not a protein is not a protein. There are different types of proteins. Whey isolate, e.g., is different from micellar casein.

So if you’re eating “straight” whey instead of Metabolic Drive or something with a high ratio of micellar casein, then you are NOT “matching the nutrients/calories.”

Shugart knows what he is talking about. 99% of the people “tweaking” the diet do not.

yobusta…

Don’t let everyone get to you. I am poor as I have ever been (just had my first kid) and I have exactly $20 a week for supps… so thse rich guys can lend you and me the money for this diet. If I ever told my wife I had to spend $400 on supps she would bitch slap me into next week.

So before the pummeling starts I will call this diet the reality diet (for everyday joes that have to support a family). Natural whey shakes, ground flax meal and fish oil pills for a month (oatmeal and blueberries on Saturday morning) and I will let you all in on how it goes. Current aim is to hit 200-210 in 4 weeks and drop bodyfat 10%.

Starting stats: 6’ 225LBS 25%BF

[quote]stormmj wrote:
yobusta…

Don’t let everyone get to you. I am poor as I have ever been (just had my first kid) and I have exactly $20 a week for supps… so thse rich guys can lend you and me the money for this diet. If I ever told my wife I had to spend $400 on supps she would bitch slap me into next week.
[/quote]

It stops becoming a supplement the moment it becomes your primary source of food. And as mentioned a gazillion times, you don’t buy any normal food the entire month. It works out to be about the same or a tad more than your grocery bill.

And honestly, I don’t see it being just a whey vs casein blend debate. Looks at the side of Metabolic Drive. It has a ton of vitamins and minerals in it, whereas the Whey only has calcium.

My Metabolic Drive label says:
Calcium 25%
Thiamin 25%
Niacin 25%
Vitamin B-6 25%
Phosphorus 15%
Riboflavin 25%
Folate 25%
Vitamin B12 25%
Magnesium 25%

The online label doesn’t show this stuff for some reason. I sure hope they didn’t change it recently.

[quote]stormmj wrote:
yobusta…

So before the pummeling starts I will call this diet the reality diet (for everyday joes that have to support a family). Natural whey shakes, ground flax meal and fish oil pills for a month (oatmeal and blueberries on Saturday morning) and I will let you all in on how it goes. Current aim is to hit 200-210 in 4 weeks and drop bodyfat 10%.

Starting stats: 6’ 225LBS 25%BF[/quote]

Hey, I feel for ya. I’ve been poor, too. Best of luck.

Today was my first day and i am half way though the day and i feel normal prolly cause of first day. I am taking casein also. And plan on ordering more of it.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Oh, I just saw you’re from Australia.

Is the shipping really that bad?[/quote]

http://biotestaustralia.com/

Dealing with customs is shit. Sometimes you get raped with customs tax so high you wonder why you even bother. So just use the Biotest australia site. Meh~