Velocity Diet - Help Please

Hey, I’m pretty new to the forums, so please try not to ride me too hard. After looking over the Velocity Diet, I’ve decided to take that up and give it a shot, although I did change a few things and do not have the funds for all the supplements suggested. (This is a fairly long post, so please hang with me.)

Currently I’m 6’0", 192 lbs, ~13% bf with a goal of getting down to 180 while maintaining as much LBM as possible. Using a standard of body weight x 12 for base caloric intake (approx 2300), I figured that my target intake should be roughly close to that of the Velocity Diet, 1500 - 1700. I currently use Designer Whey and crunching a few numbers, I’ve come up with the following diet, so to speak: (in the form calories, protein, carbs)

Lifting Days (3 days per week)

Morning Meal (6:15 AM)
32oz Gatorade + 3 Scoops (470, 52.5, 62)

Mid Morning Meal (9:15 AM)
32oz Water + 3 Scoops (180, 52.5, 4)

Lunch (12:15 PM)
32oz Water + 1 Scoop (90, 17.5, 2)
1 Banana (184,3,43)

Afternoon Meal (3:15 PM)
32oz Water + 2 Scoops (180, 35, 4)

Lift (7:00 PM)

Post-Workout Shake
32oz Gatorade + 2 Scoops (380, 35, 60)

Total (1574, 195.5, 165)

Off Days (4 days per week)

Morning Meal (6:15 AM)
32oz Gatorade + 3 Scoops (470, 52.5, 62)

Mid Morning Meal (9:15 AM)
32oz Water + 3 Scoops (180, 52.5, 4)

Lunch (12:15 PM)
Designer Whey Protein Bar (330, 30, 32)

Afternoon Meal (3:15 PM)
32oz Water + 2 Scoops (180, 35, 4)

Evening Meal
32oz Water + 1 Scoop (90, 17.5, 2)

Total (1340, 187.5, 106)

Also, each day (7 days a week) there is HIIT in the morning (5:15AM at the YMCA) for 40 minutes (3 min warm up, 12 min interval, 8 min jog, 12 min interval, 5 min cool down – used on either treadmill or stationary bike). I usually do chest/tri (mon), back/bi (wed), legs/shoulders (fri) and alternate the three between heavy, moderate and light routines.

I just recently bought another tub of a different protein at GNC (ran out of Designer tubs), and subbing this protein values in the above diet, I got the following numbers.

Lifting days (1684, 203, 185)
Off days (1520, 210, 115)

I understand that both of these diets are under the range of 1500 - 1700, but would I be able to fall under this range and still be fine?

Also, would a different, more expensive protein be a wiser investment as a whey source than Designer Whey. Calculating the amount of tubs I would need for 4 weeks on the diet, the new protein would run me about 3x the cost of the Designer ($158 vs $54), but is it a better product?

HOT-ROX: Worth the investment during the diet or not? I took a different fat burner a couple years ago (can’t remember whether it was w/ or w/o ephedrine) and my sex drive completely died. I’m not sure if this an isolated incident, but since then, I’ve been skeptical of fat burners for that exact reason.

Overtraining: 40 minute HIIT in the morning, 60 min lifting in the evening, 15 min light running (post lift), is overtraining inevitable? Should I rework my HIIT schedule or just not do it at all? Would a slight jog/brisk walk be better in the morning than HIIT on this diet?

Surge: Worth the investment to shed a few pounds? I am only interning this summer, so I don’t have a lot of money to throw around. I have to pick and choose which suppelements will aid me the best.

Gatorade: Is it ok to have 2 shakes per day using gatorade? I know it has a high glycemic index and pushes my carbs well over 100g/day, but considering both shakes are after workouts, is that ok? If not, what alternatives can I use that will possibly lower my carb intake, yet keep my calories within the range I need?

Fish Oils/Fat Supplements: Currently, I am only taking Mega Vitamin Gold? and L-Glutamine (both GNC brands). Considering nearly all of my meals are some sort of protein shake or bar, should I be investing in fish oils or some type of supplement to account for fats?

Starting this past monday, I’ve been doing the interval training, lifting and doing the shakes with 2-3 solid meals (I’m getting about 1800 calories), but I want to see how my body reacts to this mostly-liquid diet. Obviously I’m pissing a lot more, but with the protein shakes, I seem to be shitting fire. Is there anything I can do/take to calm this down or should I expect this for the next 4 weeks?

Any comments and/or advice are more than appreciated. If I forgot to include anything, please let me know. Thanks everyone!

SRM

I skimmed enough of your post to know that not only are you not doing the Velocity Diet- but you are even coming close. I saw the words “Gatorade” and “Banana” and “Designer Whey” in there.

Seriously? Did you read the Velocity Diet article? If you can’t afford to follow it the EXACT way it is written- you will fail miserably. No one ever truely succeeded at this diet by making modifications. Yes you might lose some weight, but there are easier ways to lose a couple pounds.

Take a look at T-Dawg 2.0. This diet may be better suited for your needs.