Velocity Diet Fat Content

I was wondering if anyone who is familiar with the velocity knows if it would be applicable to throw in monunsaturated fat in the form of olive oil, and possibly some whipping cream for some saturated fat. The diet as written is mostly polyunsaturated fats, and am a little concerned about giving up saturated and monunsaturated fats nearly completely for a month. Note: I am familiar with the former Velocity thread, however, it didn’t look too active. Thanks.

I understand your concern, but I would follow it exactly as Chris Shugart has it outlined. He recently stated that it is frustrating for people not to follow it as outlined. Of course that is in reference to negative comments about it not working only to later find out they didn’t follow it exactly, but he still recommends following his outline.

Also, I don’t think 28 days without those two fats will make a huge impact once you are back to your regular intake (following a transition of course).

Christopher

You can’t go 28 days without olive oil and whipped cream? WTF? Are you a stripper?

Seriously though do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

If you want to do the V-Diet than follow it strictly. Don’t half ass it or make changes or you’ll just be wasting your time.

I don’t believe I expressed it in my original post, but the main concern was the effects of monounsaturated and mainly saturated fats on hormone levels. From what I have read, it is noted that saturated fat can have positive effects on T-levels, thus my anxiety of cutting it out altogether.

[quote]speedy5323 wrote:
I don’t believe I expressed it in my original post, but the main concern was the effects of monounsaturated and mainly saturated fats on hormone levels. From what I have read, it is noted that saturated fat can have positive effects on T-levels, thus my anxiety of cutting it out altogether.[/quote]

Correct. That is what I thought was your concern. That is why I said the following.

Also, I don’t think 28 days without those two fats will make a huge impact once you are back to your regular intake (following a transition of course).

You could use Alpha Male or TRIBEX Gold. And it is only 28 days, so I don’t think it would be of great concern. I was on the V Diet for 26 days and while I didn’t have blood work to test my T levels (since it was never mentioned by Shugart and never even crossed my mind), I can say that my libido never once suffered.

Christopher

I wouldn’t know about my testosterone levels, but I did the Velocity experience a few months back, and if anything I felt more aggressive/assertive and overall stereotypically manly.

I also agree about following the diet as outlined. Shugart put a lot of science and experience into his experiment, and I’d be inclined to trust his judgement.

If you’re interested, I did Velocity for 28 days (didn’t cheat once, happy to say) and went from a pudgy 220+ to 190. I started it again last week (after two months off) to lose that last stubborn 10 pounds.