T Nation

Velocity Diet Bulking Plan?

Ok I know that doesnt exist but Im after opinions on an equivalent idea for bulking. In other words what is the simplest (in food selection) you can make a short term bulking program while still getting as many nutrients as possible?

I was thinking about trying a plan with 4-6 shakes a day with only 1 solid main meal at night before bed. steak for slower digestion maybe.

what Im most concerned about though is drinking that much milk and not getting a lot of crucial vitamins and minerals. …

any other ideas?

don’t. read massive eating.

-chris

Why would anybody want to do this

This thread makes my head hurt.

Drink 5 or 6 MD Complete shakes a day. Add some nuts, fruit, or peanut butter to each shake.

You’ll get plenty of nutriets and calories.

If your appetite = suck then this isn’t a bad idea. You do have to monitor micronutrient and fiber intake, but you seem to be aware of this.

BTW-It’s pretty easy to screw this up, so be careful stay flexible.

Chicken legs + large bag of rice + frozen veggies.

Throw them in the biggest pot (cauldron is preferable) you can find, leave it on your stove on low… every time you want to eat go and fill a bowl. Munch. Dirt cheap too.

If you use the cauldron option, try to leave it over an open fire for totally midieval bulking results. Chop firewood and wrestle bears/slay dragons for GPP.

I think all of us throw in a shake or 2 a day, but there is absolutely zero point in doing this unless for some reason you just have to add some strictness to the diet (absolutely cant avoid downing a dozen donuts followed by a Blizzard).

What the hell is a “short term bulking plan”? Is that when you gain for one month, get scared because you lost an ab, diet down and lose everything you may have gained?

Shit, that would be called “normal bulking” for most of the newbies here.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
What the hell is a “short term bulking plan”? Is that when you gain for one month, get scared because you lost an ab, diet down and lose everything you may have gained?

Shit, that would be called “normal bulking” for most of the newbies here.[/quote]
heres the thing prof… . I havent “cut” in about a year… . Ive gone up 5kgs over my previous heaviest (or roughly 12kgs from my “cut” weight) and I cant be bothered trying to lose fat as Im still unsatisfied with my size… . before I do any more dieting I want to see if I can still gain some more muscle… . therefore I want to see if its possible with a mostly liquid diet to cram more calories down. …

the reason I want to do it short term is because I think the large amount of milk would probably play hell on my allready crap digestion… . I am not afraid of losing my abs as Ive never had them and have resigned myself to never seeing them for what may be the next few years at least. …

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:
heres the thing prof… . I havent “cut” in about a year… . Ive gone up 5kgs over my previous heaviest (or roughly 12kgs from my “cut” weight) and I cant be bothered trying to lose fat as Im still unsatisfied with my size… . before I do any more dieting I want to see if I can still gain some more muscle… . therefore I want to see if its possible with a mostly liquid diet to cram more calories down. …

the reason I want to do it short term is because I think the large amount of milk would probably play hell on my allready crap digestion… . I am not afraid of losing my abs as Ive never had them and have resigned myself to never seeing them for what may be the next few years at least. …
[/quote]

It may have been an unfortunate choice of words in the first post. If you mean short term to refer the liquid aspect alone that’s different than a wholesale “short term bulk”. That was the reason I asked why anybody would want to do it.

A short term bulk is like a quick drive from NY to LA. By definition the process can’t be done short term unless 8 ounces of muscle or turning back in Newark is considered success.

I can only tell you that I consume very modest amounts of liquid food and have no problem getting my 4000-43 or 4500 calories a day.

This last post sounds like you’re concerned about not getting enough. Don’t fear the fat. At 9 calories a gram intelligent fat intake can not only bring the cals, but actually create a more anabolic environment in your body. Done right it won’t get you any fatter and maybe even less so than lots of liquid.

I do believe TEF is a real and the metabolic cost of ingesting meat, eggs and fish has to be greater than living on shakes.

Squats and milk, seriously.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
This last post sounds like you’re concerned about not getting enough. Don’t fear the fat. At 9 calories a gram intelligent fat intake can not only bring the cals, but actually create a more anabolic environment in your body. Done right it won’t get you any fatter and maybe even less so than lots of liquid.

I do believe TEF is a real and the metabolic cost of ingesting meat, eggs and fish has to be greater than living on shakes. [/quote]

TEF is extremely real for me… . from what Ive read Im one of those guys whose metabolic rate upregulates like a son of a bitch whenever extra food is added… . I was the only one at work last winter complaining about being hot while everyone else was complaining about being cold. …

doesnt the statement “the metabolic cost of ingesting meat, eggs and fish has to be greater than living on shakes.” suggest that Id be able to put on more weight by drinking more liquids than solid meals? and thats exactly what Im after… . keeping lean doesnt concern me as Im not anywhere near lean now. …

as for fats Ive never restricted them in my diet… . my diet would be no less than 30% fats… . and I dont buy into the lean meats idea… . if Im going to pay a lot of money for meat I want to get some damn calories out of it too! ground beef, scotch fillets… . even my chicken I cook with high fat recipes. …

so far Dave Barr is the only one who seems to think liquid bulking is an option… . even with the caveat that its easy to go wrong. …

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Squats and milk, seriously.[/quote]

that implies Im a complete newbie who has put on absolutely no weight… . Im 24 now and have put on 20kgs (44lbs) since I was 20. …

HAHAHAHAHA

That was good. Thanks.