T Nation

Velocity Diet and Altering Calories

First of all I apologise for not writing this in the velocity diet support group thread... but I have posted a few times there and you seem to just dissapear beneath a mountain of other posts.

Anyhow I have a question: When on the velocity diet should I be altering the calorie boundaries as I go along? i.e. run the calorie equations through again every 1-2 weeks? Keep in mind the obvious - wanting to maximise fat loss whilst minimising muscle loss. Did Chris alter things mid way through the diet?

Thanks,

Ben

It stays constant bro its Pretty damn low as is, if you slow in progress id just up the walking etc

Phill

Thanks dude, tis pretty much what I was suspecting but I wanted to know other peoples thoughts.

I just remember Chris saying in part 1 that he may be altering the calorie boundaries as he goes along… but he never mentioned if he did or not!

Thank you and I apologise for posting another velocity diet question outside of the support thread but sometimes you just need an answer haha.

Take care my friend,

Ben

[quote]benmoore wrote:
Thanks dude, tis pretty much what I was suspecting but I wanted to know other peoples thoughts.

I just remember Chris saying in part 1 that he may be altering the calorie boundaries as he goes along… but he never mentioned if he did or not!

Thank you and I apologise for posting another velocity diet question outside of the support thread but sometimes you just need an answer haha.

Take care my friend,

Ben[/quote]

No worries glad it helped and let us know how ya do

phill

Haha do not worry I shall not be making a diary/log of my 28 days - I can only imagine how annoying that gets on this forum.

One more quick question and then I shall leave you guys alone XD

Initially I was planning an extended 6 week bridge period after coming off the velocity diet. I seem to be pretty insulin insensitive so was thinking that it would be better to build up my carbs much more slowly over say 6 weeks with 3x30 min cardio sessions a week (to aid with the sensitivity issues) instead of rushing in with carbs in a time span of just 2-4 weeks as is reccomended with the velocity diet articles.

I was thinking that I could work from the Velocity Diet up to something like John Berardis Don’t Diet plan till I hit 10% bf or below. And after this ease into something closer to maintenance.

Thoughts?