Vein Inflammation from Foam Roller?

Hi,
unfortunately I belong to the 15% people that are genetically gifted with varicose veins.
Some months ago I bought a foam roller for tissue work and used it frequently since then. Fine tool!
On monday I had to go to the doc because a varix on the inside of my right leg is inflammated.
Now I inject anti thrombosis med and wear a surgical hose. Very sexy!
I’m thinking about the reason of the inflammation. Maybe its a coincidence, maybe it is because of the massages I receive since two weeks because of an adductor tear from November 2008.
Is it possible that the use of a foam roller aggravates a varix as much that it may inflame? Any experiences?

Thanks in advance for help.

GOON

[quote]GOON wrote:
Hi,
unfortunately I belong to the 15% people that are genetically gifted with varicose veins.
Some months ago I bought a foam roller for tissue work and used it frequently since then. Fine tool!
On monday I had to go to the doc because a varix on the inside of my right leg is inflammated.
Now I inject anti thrombosis med and wear a surgical hose. Very sexy!
I’m thinking about the reason of the inflammation. Maybe its a coincidence, maybe it is because of the massages I receive since two weeks because of an adductor tear from November 2008.
Is it possible that the use of a foam roller aggravates a varix as much that it may inflame? Any experiences?

Thanks in advance for help.

GOON[/quote]

There is one school of thought that advocates only rolling towards the heart to help minimise the risk of creating varicose veins. I always ask people if they have a history of varicose veins in the family and if they do give them this advice just to be safe. If not i don’t. Don’t toll on the inflamed vein though.

It may have been caused from the roll or it may just be a coincidence. In theory it makes sense but in 9 years of using rollers with people I have never encountered it. But that is just my experience.

@stockzy,
thanks for now. It gives me hope. I would miss foam rolling otherwise.

GOON