T Nation

Veggies

Ok all, I'm in need of some ways to make veggies exciting. I eat pretty well, but I know I need to increase my veg intake. What's your favorite way to fix your veggies?

If you subscribe to the pc and pf meal split thing, you can lightly cook your fav veggies in olive oil and eat it with chicken breast, grilled if you ask me. I like broccoli, green/red peppers, squash, you know.

Also when I make tuna I throw diced peppers in there.

Steam them lightly and eat them with your P+F meals, IMO. I usually use broccolli and/or cauliflower and so on, etc.

I'm all about convenience, so it's just frozen mixed veggies with a little bit of water, in a bowl, microaved for about a minute and a half (depending on how much of the veggies).

Once in a while I'll throw them into a ground beef and salsa meal just after the meat is cooked.

I like to cut them up and eat them with a cottage cheese dip made with garlic salt, pepper, and dill weed.

Peanut butter and celery is always yummy.

Adding chopped veggies to scrambled eggs is good too, especially with a little hot sauce or salsa. I bet some grated cheese would be tasty, too.

2-pounds rinsed and trimmed aspargus
1-Pk. cherry or mini roma tomatoes, halved
2-Tbs olive oil
2-cloves garlic, minced
1-Tbs. Soy sauce
2-Tbs. lemon juice

Over high heat in large frying pan, heat oil. Add garlic, stir fry for a couple of seconds and throw in the asparagus. Turn the asparagus frequently, until tender-crisp.

Toss in cherry tomatoes and stir fry just until tomatoes are warm. Sprinkle with lemon juice and soy sauce until the liquids are almost comepletely evaporated and remove from heat.

I like to drive my friends crazy with that recipe. They're all over that asparagus whenever I make it!

Ever try taking the frozen veggies and carmellizing them in a large skillet? Easy and tastier (got tired of plain steamed veggies, would throw them away and never eat them, they were more like a decorative garnish for meals!!)

Example:

1pk frozen corn, 2T. butter, 1T. olive oil, stir fried until carmellized, then add chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, pepper, stir fried a bit more.

Can be done with any frozen veggies, just be sure the spices match the veggies.