Veggies/Fruits. I Hate 'Em, Don't Get Enough of 'Em

I hate me veggies and fruits, hate em, don’t like 'em, most of the time can’t really get 'em. I may just be “mentally” allergic to 'em (hoping so on that last regard) and so explains why I never eat 'em!

My body is lucky that I give it beans and/or rice on any given day… and damn lucky if those beans are green!!! When home (which unfortunately is rarely) my Thai wife has a hell of a time getting me to eat snow peas, snap peas, green beans, mashed potatoes, carrots, apples, oranges, bananas, and/or asparagus regularly… as that is all I will actually chew and swallow if cornered by her… and I only chew and swallow those as I am definitely afraid of her… but while away, out in the field, the mice will play and rice and beans are about it (albeit they are red kidney or black beans which are fairly high on the health food index!).

What say you other meat, cheese, and egg eating brothers?

I enjoyed reading through the 2010 Prof X, What Do You Eat? Veggie Thread and definitely fall into the Prof X and bwhitwell camp:

[quote] bwhitwell wrote:
I think I have been fairly healthy at the age of 48 while eating a diet largely of meat, eggs and cheese for the last 30+ years. I think my diet as contributed to a fairly high test level for my age, normal BP without any meds, and staying lean without any kind of cardio. [/quote]

I concur with bwhitwell and Prof X… if one is eating plenty of meat, eggs, and cheese throughout the day, eating a varied diet, your vitamin and mineral levels should be fine and one can be healthy on such a veggie lacking diet. Just in case I’m indeed a retard and missing something vital over here while working in Ass-stan I do take a few helpings of Biotest Superfood with my meals.

By the way, have you tried eating fresh vegetables/fruits in some parts of the third world? I rather take my chances drinking tap water! And when they cook 'em… well, damn the taste sucks monkey balls! I rather worry about and focus on my fiber and healthy fats/oils intake and making sure I am not eating shitty processed foods.

[quote] Professor X wrote:
Are some of you experiencing some strange reading comprehension phenomenon? Like I have written before, no matter what I write, all some of you see is “hamburger”. [/quote]

This is probably one of the funniest things I have ever read from Prof X! It had me laughing a good ten minutes this morning and that is damn healthy over here working in this dust bucket! Thanks brother.

Now go eat your veggies and fruits boys and girls… not!

I only eat veggies if I get the desire to, not because I believe that I’ll keel over without them, so yeah, I get what you’re saying. I also eat plenty of liver, which helps out matters, health-wise.

yeah i rarely eat vegetables, maybe a few times a month, dont eat that much fruit but i like it and im fine

Veggies are great when dieting…

HAVE YOU EVER DIETED DOWN ?!

I don’t see the big deal in having 2-3 pieces of broccoli/other vegetable with one of your meals a day.

Even if there are people who have been successful on diets where fruits and vegetables are excluded I wouldn’t cut them out completely.

You could just force one serving/day down for a few weeks until it feels natural. You will eventually get use to it.

Am I the only one who think broccoli tastes fucking amazing with olive oil and salt?

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Am I the only one who think broccoli tastes fucking amazing with olive oil and salt?[/quote]

there are others?!

But broccoli doesn’t taste that bad even by itself…

[quote]Ricochet wrote:
I hate me veggies and fruits, hate em, don’t like 'em, most of the time can’t really get 'em. I may just be “mentally” allergic to 'em (hoping so on that last regard) and so explains why I never eat 'em!
[/quote]

Dude, if you want to achieve your best body ever you need to find a way to eat veggies! I’ve got the answer for you!
THE HULK SHAKE!

HERE’S THE RECIPE:
A 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 1/2 cups Cold Water
1 Banana (It’s better if you use a frozen banana!)
2 Scoops of your Favorite Protein Powder
1 tablespoon Ground Flax Seeds
6 Ice Cubes
HUGE Handful of Fresh Organic Spinach (you can get the pre-washed and prepared bag)

HOW TO MAKE IT:
Step 1 - Add everything into the blender in the order of the ingredients listed above and blend on high until fully mixed.
Step 2 - If any protein powder gets stuck to the edges of the blender, use a spoon and scrape it loose, then blend again for a few seconds.

ENJOY!

That should at least help get some greens in your life brO!!!

Is it called the hulk shake cause when you go to the bathroom afterward its green?

…god i hate mens health

[quote]zraw wrote:
Is it called the hulk shake cause when you go to the bathroom afterward its green?[/quote]

LOL

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
…god i hate mens health[/quote]

Again…LOL

[quote]Ricochet wrote:
my Thai wife…[/quote]

Go on…

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Am I the only one who think broccoli tastes fucking amazing with olive oil and salt?[/quote]

I eat it by the pound with mustard. NOM

[quote]greggavedon wrote:

[quote]Ricochet wrote:
[/quote]

Dude, if you want to achieve your best body ever you need to find a way to eat veggies! I’ve got the answer for you!
THE HULK SHAKE!

HERE’S THE RECIPE:
1 1/2 cups Cold Water
6 Ice Cubes
HUGE Handful of Fresh Organic Spinach (you can get the pre-washed and prepared bag)

HOW TO MAKE IT:
Step 1 - Add everything into the blender in the order of the ingredients listed above and blend on high until fully mixed.
Step 2 - If any protein powder gets stuck to the edges of the blender, use a spoon and scrape it loose, then blend again for a few seconds.

ENJOY!

[/quote]
Or you could just (veggie) juice like a fucking man. Way easier than buying that hippy liberal almond milk BULLSHIT.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]Ricochet wrote:
[/quote]

THE HULK SHAKE!

HERE’S THE RECIPE:
1 1/2 cups Cold Water
6 Ice Cubes

HOW TO MAKE IT:

ENJOY!

[/quote]
Or you could just (veggie) juice like a fucking man. Way easier than buying that hippy liberal almond milk BULLSHIT.[/quote]

Haha yea what a ridiculous recipe, and name, and simply post.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
…god i hate mens health[/quote]

Again…LOL[/quote]

haha my bad man. i actually didnt see the MH title on your avi… i just remember seeing that recipe on a MH newsletter/article/whatever

[quote]Sterneneisen wrote:
But broccoli doesn’t taste that bad even by itself…[/quote]

Agreed. It tastes sweet to me.

I have 1-2 servings of some sort of vegetable with every meal. Mostly because it keeps things moving…

The alternative isnt very fun.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
haha my bad man. i actually didnt see the MH title on your avi… i just remember seeing that recipe on a MH newsletter/article/whatever[/quote]
No worries, if you saw the recipe in a MH article or newsletter then I wrote it. lol
Personally I like eating veggies stright up too…in fact I prefer raw broccoli, but for someone who can’t stand veggies The Hulk Shake is a good alternatve. Plus you can sub in raw Kale instead of spinach to change it up and it’s still good.