Veggies and the Shake

Hi-

I started drinking the Low-Carb Grow! shakes a few weeks ago and feel like I’m already seeing some results. I’m a vegetarian (no fish, either), so almost all of my protein comes from soy products like veggie burgers, soy chix patties, etc. My trainer suggested that I wasn’t getting enough protein (probably 50 g a day at the time), and recommended the T-Nation shakes.

Now I supplement my regular diet with three shakes a day, two scoops each (40g a shake). So I’m closer to 200g of protein a day. I was discussing this with my trainer this week, and he wondered if three shakes a day were too much. So my question is simple- is he correct? Are three Grow! shakes a day too much, and if so, where do I draw the line?

I weigh about 180, and I’m training 5-6 days a week, both strength and cardio, if that matters.

Thanks!

No its not to much.

Ask him if three servings of various milk products such as cheese, milk and the like are to much.

Al;so I suggest reading up on soy and dropping it from your diet and adding in More shakes if need be to make up the slack.

Here is one such article that may shed some light, do a search for others.
Soy : Poison Protein Article
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459516

Hope that helps,
Phill

Hey Joe, whats the URL in your avatar? Odviously a Metal related site so I’d like to go.

[quote]Phill wrote:
No its not to much.

Ask him if three servings of various milk products such as cheese, milk and the like are to much.

Al;so I suggest reading up on soy and dropping it from your diet and adding in More shakes if need be to make up the slack.

Here is one such article that may shed some light, do a search for others.
Soy : Poison Protein Article
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459516

Hope that helps,
Phill

[/quote]

Phill-

That’s a big help. I just started reading the article, and it’s quite interesting. Eye opening, to say the least. Thanks for the tips and the info- I look forward to reading it in detail.

Joe

No Prob just trying to help out. Do a search not only here but in google. Look for studies NOT funded by the HUGE Soy Board.