Vegetarian Snacks for College?

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]ds1973 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Bubble gum [/quote]

I disagree. she should chew trident because of the xylitol which helps to prevent cavities. I’m sure Professor X will back my up on this.

Case closed[/quote]

But she’ll burn more kcals by blowing dudes between classes. I’m sure everyone will back my up on this.

Case reopened
[/quote]

You make an excellent point good sir.

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:

[quote]Evolv wrote:

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
You have more time available in college then you ever will again. If you can’t make time to train there, good luck being fat for the rest of your life.[/quote]

For undergrad and assuming that you’re not one of a select few majors or at a select few schools, this is true. But the OP didn’t specify whether the person was attending ugrad or grad school. [/quote]
As far as majors, I studied physics-- and I got strong in college. Also, one of the physics grad students also trained hard as hell, he trained middle of the day when he had an hour or so break.

Its simply whether you make time or not.
[/quote]

It’s not simply whether you make time or not for everyone. I’m not talking about myself, but I’m just saying that I do know people for whom they wouldn’t have time to go to the gym, get dressed, work out for an hour, shower, then go home and such. I’m a law student, so I’m thinking of people I know who have kids and such, but there are also, e.g., med school interns, sometimes architecture students, etc, who–I’d venture to say–literally wouldn’t have the time to do any sort of regular routine.

That said, it is whether they “make time or not” in the sense that they made the choices that got them there. No offense, but majoring in physics doesn’t mean much to me. It’s not difficult subjects that are worrisome; instead, it’s the major/course of study itself having a large facetime component that becomes problematic for some.
[/quote]

I knew quite a few med and dent students who made time for the gym. What you listed are called “excuses”. Many here have been there and done that and still made time.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I knew quite a few med and dent students who made time for the gym. What you listed are called “excuses”. Many here have been there and done that and still made time.[/quote]

I guess we just disagree on that point. When I think of excuses, I think of people I know who don’t work their legs because “they have a bum knee” (while still running for a mile or whatever a day) or “has to” eat total junk at a fast food restaurant because they have to eat out (as if there weren’t healthier options).

Other choices (having kids, working long shifts as med school interns while also wanting to work on papers) I think of as priorities, not excuses. The reason I think of it as priorities is that ‘excuses’ is a pejorative term–I don’t look down on those who opt to, e.g., spend more time with their kids or working on a piece of research or work to the point that they don’t have the 1-2 hours to go hit the weights. Same for someone who wants (or needs) to work/study for 16 hours a day or whatever.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I knew quite a few med and dent students who made time for the gym. What you listed are called “excuses”. Many here have been there and done that and still made time.[/quote]

I guess we just disagree on that point. When I think of excuses, I think of people I know who don’t work their legs because “they have a bum knee” (while still running for a mile or whatever a day) or “has to” eat total junk at a fast food restaurant because they have to eat out (as if there weren’t healthier options).

Other choices (having kids, working long shifts as med school interns while also wanting to work on papers) I think of as priorities, not excuses. The reason I think of it as priorities is that ‘excuses’ is a pejorative term–I don’t look down on those who opt to, e.g., spend more time with their kids or working on a piece of research or work to the point that they don’t have the 1-2 hours to go hit the weights. Same for someone who wants (or needs) to work/study for 16 hours a day or whatever.
[/quote]

Life is about priorities. I am usually gone from 6am until 9pm. I work long hours right now, six days a week. I am often at the job on Sundays right now. if I can make it to the gym still twice a day, then most people can with the exception of people who drive really long ways to work which eats up time and those who have kids. I can understand those responsibilities taking up more time…but not the “school” or “work” excuse.

I know that may not be “normal”, but I am sure many here have way more responsibility than the people you listed and still make time.

Yes, priorities is exactly what it is about…and the people you are talking about don’t make lifting a priority at all.

That doesn’t mean they can’t do it.

It means they don’t WANT TO.

People in college like to exaggerate so much about the work involved. It is not half as bad as people say it is, regardless of the major. I am not going to say what I am studying but I know what I am talking about. I even have the time to post useless drivel in this forum.

Furthermore I would say that no boy ever studied 10 hours per day. I mean studying not wasting time at a dumb college. You have to be a girl and stupid as hell.

You said vegetarian and not vegan so what about Cheese sticks? Low carb at least.

Wow lots of replays to a topic i thought dead :).
Yes she is just a vegetarian not a vegan so cheese is an option , she doesn’t use protein shakes or protein bars so no luck there , also i don`t know about collages in the us or europe but israeli collages are quite intense and the hardest years are the first and second.
as for training she isn’t THE MOST committed person out there , she just want to keep the weight she lost down , i “talked her” into coming 3 times a week do only the basic compound movements for chest back and legs to keep it short and simple and not take too much of her time.