Vegetarian Diet On Strength

I’m vegetarian and I get plenty of protein. I weigh about 180 and probably get that many grams of protein in everyday. I drink the Low-Carb Grow! shakes, eat tons of veggie substitutes, power bars, peanut butter, and other vegetarian protein sources, and I’ve managed to put on quite a bit of muscle in the past year. I’m not looking to bench 700 pounds, or even 400 pounds. All I’m saying is that a vegetarian diet won’t preclude anyone from adding muscle mass.

Oh, and I’m not sure if it has any effect on my endurance, but once I switched from eating meat to going veggie, I cut my marathon time down from 3:50 to 3:15.

[quote]The_Grim_Reaper wrote:
And show me one study that proves eating meat makes you stronger than eating soy or hemp.
[/quote]

an omnivor is more healthy for humans…a more healthy diet is going to, in the long run, is the best diet to make someone trying to gain lean mass and strength…

here’s a link for you to read up on the subject…

think of it this way…

a vegetarian diet for humans is like running your car on low grade fuel…

an omnivorus diet for humans is like running your car on high grade fuel…

I do have something to back up my claim that meat eaters are stronger than vegetarians…

I have empirical evidence…

the strongest people in the world are all meat eaters…

please show me one vegatarian that has accomplished any of the things on my list above…

is that an exact quote? you’re spouting off more bullshit again…

no…I’m saying that an omnivorus diet is more healthy for humans and because of this someone wanting to gain lean mass and strength would be better off having meat in their diet…

I have made no exaggerated claims…

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
DPH,please get over it already.It’s not a fact that eating meat makes you stronger.And no,theories don’t count.
[/quote]

it is a FACT that there is not a single vegetarian on the planet that is as strong as the strongest omnivor…

it is a FACT that a vegetarian diet offers sub-optimal nutrition for an athlete…

get over it already!

[quote]LaJollaJoe wrote:
Oh, and I’m not sure if it has any effect on my endurance, but once I switched from eating meat to going veggie, I cut my marathon time down from 3:50 to 3:15.[/quote]

Lance Armstrong is an omnivor…

how many times has he won what can be considered the most grueling test of endurance in any athletic endeavor?

hmmmmm…

Gee,you blow my mind. It’s not a fact. How do you know there isn’t a vegetarian out there stronger than lance? Huh?What,just because he isn’t on TV?

Thats funny,last I checked vegetarians lived longer and didn’t get diseases as much as meat eaters do. All it is is your opinion.Unfounded,weak opinions that you try to force down peoples throats.

[quote]DPH wrote:

LaJollaJoe wrote:
Oh, and I’m not sure if it has any effect on my endurance, but once I switched from eating meat to going veggie, I cut my marathon time down from 3:50 to 3:15.

Lance Armstrong is an omnivor…

how many times has he won what can be considered the most grueling test of endurance in any athletic endeavor?

hmmmmm…[/quote]

Low grade fuel?I eat meat.Not much red meat,but I still eat fish,chicken and eggs.I have experimented with a vegetarian diet before.I felt better,I never,not once,got sick,I had more energy,my skin was great,I focused better.

I can tell you from first hand experience that my body ran much better on that kind of life style.Ok,fine,you believe people who consume meat are stronger(they’re usually sicker too),I can respect your opinion.But don’t come in here forcing your opinions down our throats.

Wouldn’t it be much better if you practiced proper english and talked to us in an adult manner?Thankyou.

[quote]DPH wrote:

The_Grim_Reaper wrote:
And show me one study that proves eating meat makes you stronger than eating soy or hemp.

an omnivor is more healthy for humans…a more healthy diet is going to, in the long run, is the best diet to make someone trying to gain lean mass and strength…

here’s a link for you to read up on the subject…

think of it this way…

a vegetarian diet for humans is like running your car on low grade fuel…

an omnivorus diet for humans is like running your car on high grade fuel…

Anyone who says meat eaters are stronger than vegatrians don’t have anything to back it up with.

I do have something to back up my claim that meat eaters are stronger than vegetarians…

I have empirical evidence…

the strongest people in the world are all meat eaters…

please show me one vegatarian that has accomplished any of the things on my list above…

You’re the one who came in here saying you have to make love to meat in order to be strong.

is that an exact quote? you’re spouting off more bullshit again…

Not cthulu,not me.I said it won’t cure baldness and make you rich because you’re acting like it will cure baldness and make you rich.

no…I’m saying that an omnivorus diet is more healthy for humans and because of this someone wanting to gain lean mass and strength would be better off having meat in their diet…

I have made no exaggerated claims…[/quote]

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
Gee,you blow my mind. It’s not a fact. How do you know there isn’t a vegetarian out there stronger than lance? Huh?What,just because he isn’t on TV?

Thats funny,last I checked vegetarians lived longer and didn’t get diseases as much as meat eaters do. All it is is your opinion.Unfounded,weak opinions that you try to force down peoples throats.

[/quote]

Of course, you do realize that you’re using the average McDonald’s eating slob in the “meat-eater” category? NO wonder veggies come out looking so good.

In general, vegetarians are more health conscious. They tend not to drink or smoke. Also, they consume (in general) less calories than the average person. However, I do recall reading a study (I am trying to find it again, it was several years ago) that showed that healthy omnivores were in fact healthier than the vegetarians in the study.

Also, I have a study showing that a group of people who consumed a diet composed almost solely of animal products were actually healthier than the average person.

Regardless, in the end balance is important. I would be surprised if a healthy omnivorous diet were inferior to any other diet.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
[/quote]

learn to read numbnuts…I never said Lance was strong…

Lance isn’t strong at all…if fact he’s weak as shit…but he does have incredible endurance…

[quote]
Thats funny,last I checked vegetarians lived longer and didn’t get diseases as much as meat eaters do. All it is is your opinion.Unfounded,weak opinions that you try to force down peoples throats. [/quote]

guess what…you didn’t check to thoroughly…

vegetarians don’t live longer than someone that eats a healthy omivorous diet…

vegetarians don’t get less diseases than people that eat a healthy omnivorous diet…

these are not opinions they are fact…

here’s a web site that debunks vegetarian myths jam packed with references for you to confirm your worst fears that an omnivor diet is WAY better for humans than being a vegetarian…

I’ve got a shit-load more references if you need them…

If you’re a vegetarian for moral reasons then good for you…

but, if you’re a vegetarian because you think it’s more healthy you are completely wrong…

[quote]The_Grim_Reaper wrote:
I can tell you from first hand experience that my body ran much better on that kind of life style.
[/quote]

I suppose you had a qualified doctor confirm your anecdotal evidence?

they are not opinions, they are facts…

sure, as soon as you stop yammering utter nonsense and ‘putting words in my mouth’ such as claiming that I said meat would curing baldness and make someone wealthy…

Those where a few studies.Not the general population. [quote]ToShinDo wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:

Of course, you do realize that you’re using the average McDonald’s eating slob in the “meat-eater” category? NO wonder veggies come out looking so good.

In general, vegetarians are more health conscious. They tend not to drink or smoke. Also, they consume (in general) less calories than the average person. However, I do recall reading a study (I am trying to find it again, it was several years ago) that showed that healthy omnivores were in fact healthier than the vegetarians in the study.

Also, I have a study showing that a group of people who consumed a diet composed almost solely of animal products were actually healthier than the average person.

Regardless, in the end balance is important. I would be surprised if a healthy omnivorous diet were inferior to any other diet.

[/quote]

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459861

I read just fine.You need to learn how to type.A website that debunks vegetarian myths?The information was probably produced by the meat and dairy industry.I’ve seen plenty of studies that have shown vegetarian diets are healthier.Eating nothing but highly acidic meat is healthy?Yeah,right.Dr Fatkins of the no carb movement died.Did you know how he died?He fell and hit his head.And meat eaters aren’t weak? What a bunch of bull.

[quote]DPH wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:

learn to read numbnuts…I never said Lance was strong…

Lance isn’t strong at all…if fact he’s weak as shit…but he does have incredible endurance…

guess what…you didn’t check to thoroughly…

vegetarians don’t live longer than someone that eats a healthy omivorous diet…

vegetarians don’t get less diseases than people that eat a healthy omnivorous diet…

these are not opinions they are fact…

here’s a web site that debunks vegetarian myths jam packed with references for you to confirm your worst fears that an omnivor diet is WAY better for humans than being a vegetarian…

I’ve got a shit-load more references if you need them…

If you’re a vegetarian for moral reasons then good for you…

but, if you’re a vegetarian because you think it’s more healthy you are completely wrong…[/quote]

It is not a fact that meat eaters are stronger.It’s your opinion.Now,say it with me.“It’s your opinion.” [quote]DPH wrote:
The_Grim_Reaper wrote:
I can tell you from first hand experience that my body ran much better on that kind of life style.

I suppose you had a qualified doctor confirm your anecdotal evidence?

Ok,fine,you believe people who consume meat are stronger(they’re usually sicker too),I can respect your opinion.But don’t come in here forcing your opinions down our throats.

they are not opinions, they are facts…

Wouldn’t it be much better if you practiced proper english and talked to us in an adult manner?Thankyou.

sure, as soon as you stop yammering utter nonsense and ‘putting words in my mouth’ such as claiming that I said meat would curing baldness and make someone wealthy…[/quote]

By the way DPH,did something happen to you when you where a child?You seem anal about everything.

Cthulhu,no need to make fun of DPH.He has different opinions,so do we.He’s just acting rather childish about it.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
I read just fine.You need to learn how to type.
[/quote]

obviously you don’t read just fine…

I said that Lance won a grueling TEST OF ENDURANCE multiple times…

please show me where I typed that Lance Armstrong was strong…

ahh, you didn’t read it…what a suprise …

why don’t you research some of the references and find out for yourself?

healthier than what? the average mcdonald’s eating fat slob american?

please post these numerous studies that you have read for review…

when the fuck did I say that a meat only diet is the healthiest choice?

I said an omnivore diet is the healthiest choice for humans…

and there is a shit-load of independant research to back that up…

do you know what an omnivore diet is?

here’s the definition…

[quote]
Yeah,right.Dr Fatkins of the no carb movement died.Did you know how he died?He fell and hit his head.And meat eaters aren’t weak? What a bunch of bull.[/quote]

AGAIN, please show me ONE vegetarian that has accomplished the feats of human strength accomplished by omnivores that I listed earlier…

if vegetarians are so fucking strong it should be easy for you to produce just one example…

yeah…I learned how to think…

what happend to you as a child? Too many lead based paint chips? if so, that would explain alot…

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
It is not a fact that meat eaters are stronger.It’s your opinion.Now,say it with me.“It’s your opinion.”
[/quote]

and yet you have failed to produce just ONE example of a vegetarian that has accomplished any of the feats of strength by omnivores that I listed earlier…

and it is a fact that a well balanced omivorous diet is substantially healthier than a vegetarian diet…

a healthier diet is going to produce healthier stronger athletes…

I don’t watch tv everyday,I wouldn’t know.Once again,thats because there are more body buidlers who eat meat than there are vegetarians.Oh,know you’re twisting things.Now it’s a “well balanced diet”.Man,you crack me up.Please… [quote]DPH wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:
It is not a fact that meat eaters are stronger.It’s your opinion.Now,say it with me.“It’s your opinion.”

and yet you have failed to produce just ONE example of a vegetarian that has accomplished any of the feats of strength by omnivores that I listed earlier…

and it is a fact that a well balanced omivorous diet is substantially healthier than a vegetarian diet…

a healthier diet is going to produce healthier stronger athletes…[/quote]

Cthuhlu,although I do not agree with DPH about meat making you stronger,I do agree that a well balanced diet is the healthiest of all diets.I’ve seen plenty of weak vegetarians.I’ve seen plenty of weak meat eaters.I’ve seen plenty of strong vegetarians.I’ve seen plenty of strong meat eaters.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
I don’t watch tv everyday,I wouldn’t know.
[/quote]

do you get all your information from TV?

a well balanced diet includes meat…why is this difficult for you to understand?