Vegetables at Night?

Is eating vegetables (11 PM) a good idea? If I go to bed at 12 or 1. Since eating veggies slows down the digestion process I was thinking of why not eating veggies THEN slamming down a nice protein shake before going to bed to digest the whey protein even slower.

Or is this a bad idea? I love my vegetables. :frowning:

I’m pretty sure eating vegetables is always a good idea. But you are better off with a casein or milk protein shake before you hit the sack.

You won’t get fat eating vegetables my friend.

[quote]daniel d wrote:
Is eating vegetables (11 PM) a good idea?[/quote]
Well, it’s probably not a bad idea. But as has been mentioned, if you use something like Metabolic Drive (which has micellar casein), you won’t need to trick your body into slowing down the digestion.

But, as long as the veggies you’re talking about aren’t potatoes, yams, or corn, you’ll probably fine. (But note, if you’re trying to get super-ripped, eating anything except straight protein before bed might slow down your progress.)

Yup man up[ eat a whole bag of broccoli and enjoy hell a lb of the stuff is hardly over 100k/cals tons of fiber and nutrients.

Skip the shake and go for real, whole food. 1 cup of non-fat cottage cheese and 1 cup of Broccoli (or other green veggie.) But yes, you can have veggies before bed.

[quote]T-Bone2 wrote:
Skip the shake and go for real, whole food. 1 cup of non-fat cottage cheese and 1 cup of Broccoli (or other green veggie.) But yes, you can have veggies before bed.[/quote]

a cup of broccoli?? Nah thats like 25 k/cals of which heck youll burn 20 just digesting the stuff. Spend a whole $1 buy a 1lb bag and have that :slight_smile:

[quote]daniel d wrote:
Is eating vegetables (11 PM) a good idea? If I go to bed at 12 or 1. Since eating veggies slows down the digestion process I was thinking of why not eating veggies THEN slamming down a nice protein shake before going to bed to digest the whey protein even slower.

Or is this a bad idea? I love my vegetables. :([/quote]

Depends on you…I don’t eat the last hour I’m up except for a whey shake, but that is my personal preference.

After all, it can’t hurt to try it and see what happens, right?