Vegetables Are Useless

It started out as a little experiment but now I see that vegetables really are useless. Any vitamin that you can find in a vegetable, you can get in a multivitamin. I haven’t eaten anything green in MONTHS. And I feel just fine.

I take a Centrum everyday which has all the vitamins I need (and Fiber One heh). So not only do vegetables taste bad, but they have no use anyway. I mean really, what possible benefit do you need (emphasis on need) from a vegetable that you can’t get from supplements or normal food? Bet you can’t think of one.

You sir, are an idiot.

You think you absorb anything in vitamins as well as you’d absorb them from real food?

[quote]Paul2200 wrote:
It started out as a little experiment but now I see that vegetables really are useless. Any vitamin that you can find in a vegetable, you can get in a multivitamin. I haven’t eaten anything green in MONTHS. And I feel just fine.

I take a Centrum everyday which has all the vitamins I need (and Fiber One heh). So not only do vegetables taste bad, but they have no use anyway. I mean really, what possible benefit do you need (emphasis on need) from a vegetable that you can’t get from supplements or normal food? Bet you can’t think of one.[/quote]

I have heard that eating vegetables stops you from becoming a dickhead.

I guess you just proved that theory correct.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
You sir, are an idiot.

You think you absorb anything in vitamins as well as you’d absorb them from real food?[/quote]

Try using a high quality one?..

This is your first post after a three-year hiatus?

[quote]Helga wrote:
Paul2200 wrote:

I take a Centrum everyday which has all the vitamins I need (and Fiber One heh). So not only do vegetables taste bad, but they have no use anyway. I mean really, what possible benefit do you need (emphasis on need) from a vegetable that you can’t get from supplements or normal food? Bet you can’t think of one.

I have heard that eating vegetables stops you from becoming a dickhead.

I guess you just proved that theory correct.[/quote]

I like how you resorted to ad hominem attacks, since you were unable to add anything of value whatsoever to the original topic. Thumbs up

there are a lot of things found in vegetables/fruits that you can’t find in multivitamins. we have just brushed the surface on information about how awesome phytonutrients are in prevention of so many different problems like cancer, and by avoiding vegetables completely you will be missing out on things like tannins, catechins, isoflavones just to name a few.

my roommate eats 2 meals a day. one is usually pizza or hot dogs and beer, and the other is a glass of milk, and some peanuts. he feels fine too. how do you take that?

The bioavailability of vitamins is much higher in vegetables and the a lot of other stuff is still missing.

Greens and fiber and vitamins do still not a vegetable make and you are genetically programmed to eat tons of those.

[quote]Paul2200 wrote:

I take a Centrum everyday which has all the vitamins I need (and Fiber One heh). So not only do vegetables taste bad, but they have no use anyway. I mean really, what possible benefit do you need (emphasis on need) from a vegetable that you can’t get from supplements or normal food? Bet you can’t think of one.[/quote]

Cool, more for me.

Maybe you should stop eating food altogether and just consume MRP’s. They have everything food has, plus they taste better.

That with a multivitamin and I’m sure you’ll live to 80.

You must be one constipated son of a bitch. And when you do take a shit it’s probably pitch black and solid like a brick.

I have a friend that knew an employee at one of those colon cleansing establishments and this guy who only ate bread and meat for like 10 years came in to get his colon “cleansed.” Needless to say, the tech who did that guys cleanse became a vegetarian and quit soon after. Just my two cents–eat your veggies.

[quote]Paul2200 wrote:
So not only do vegetables taste bad, but they have no use anyway. [/quote]

Vegetables “taste bad”? I feel sorry for you.

Vegetables aren’t “normal food”? Fascinating. What, then, is “normal food”?

This is about the most stupid or at least thinly disguised post of all time. Be internally consistent. Let me guess, you’re going to post the latest JAMA findings…

I think it is time to talk to Dr. John Berardi about balancing your nutritional acids and bases. Yet another reason to eat your veggies.

Veggies rule!(except lima beans)…Fruit, on the other hand, sux’! i[/i]…

Well, if you don’t like the taste, I don’t know what to tell you.

But, don’t talk about a high quality multi then drop a centrum…prob. the worst of the worst.

As someone else said, phytonutrients. Vitamins and minerals in their natural form. Fiber. Small amounts of omega 3’s in some dark green leafy vegs.

Yes, you can get most of those from supplements. But, you can also get protein, carbs and fat in supplement form. I’ve done that…it’s called the velocity diet, but I’d hate to have to eat like that forever.

The bigger ? is…if you don’t like vegetables, why would you post about it here? Honestly, did you think there would be some anti-veggie revolution?

If you don’t like them, don’t eat them. It’s simple really.

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
Veggies rule!(except lima beans)…Fruit, on the other hand, sux’! i[/i]…[/quote]

Lima beans are an abomination.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
You sir, are an idiot.

You think you absorb anything in vitamins as well as you’d absorb them from real food?[/quote]

agreed…
K

[quote]Paul2200 wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
You sir, are an idiot.

You think you absorb anything in vitamins as well as you’d absorb them from real food?

Try using a high quality one?..[/quote]

Better switch from Centrum to a high quality one then. But you STILL wouldn’t be getting the vitamins, minerals, and phytochemcials you need for optimal health.

[quote]T-Bone81 wrote:
I think it is time to talk to Dr. John Berardi about balancing your nutritional acids and bases. Yet another reason to eat your veggies.[/quote]

True.