Vegeta Had a Cortisol Problem

I think Vegeta had a problem with stress, which led to a cortisol problem. Cortisol isn’t the best thing for recovery :stuck_out_tongue: This is probably why he never was able to be quite as strong as Goku.

I hope someone knows what the hell I’m talking about.

I’m so geeky enough, that I got the joke…and litrally laugh out loud

He never got enough rest between his 90000x earth gravity training sessions. These sessions took at least 8 episodes, each.

I bet Inuyasha could have beat Naraku and Sesshomaru, had he simply been eating more and sleeping regularly. Eating only when you can find food and staying up all night to slay demons and pursue the Shikon jewel is no way to become a champ.

…but who cares about that Shikon Jewel, I mean c’mon seriously. Kagome’s nagging probably elevated his coristol levels as well.

Vegeta’s real problem was that he was way too concerned with staying lean. If only he had the patience and discipline to do a proper bulk and have blurry abs for about two years he would have made some real progress.

Let’s stop mentioning Inyuasha, cause that show sucks balls.

So if. . .
Vegeta is the overzealous over-training gym goer

Goku is the dude with crazy genetics that eats whatever the hell he wants and gets crazy results

Picollo is the guy that is all scientific about his training and works hard as hell

Master Roshi is the old guy that sits on one machine for 30 minutes without doing a thing

then what kind of gym goer is Krillin?

Shit, I may be taking this too far.
The parallels HURT MY BRAAAIIIIN

[quote]Flow wrote:

then what kind of gym goer is Krillin?

[/quote]

Paul Chek disciple?

Goku didn’t train as much/as hard as Vegeta, fuckin’ 'roids

[quote]Flow wrote:
Goku is the dude with crazy genetics that eats whatever the hell he wants and gets crazy results

The parallels HURT MY BRAAAIIIIN[/quote]

Actually, Vegeta had better genetics with much more power than Goku when they were babies.

I think Goku trained more earlier in his life. If you ever saw Dragon Ball you know how much master Roshi pushed him. When he was younger, Vegeta probable didn’t train as hard as Goku. I’m sure being a prince spoiled him a bit, and being the strongest Saiyajin for all the years before met Goku, what motivation would he have to get better?

He didn’t start training like mad until Goku turned into a Super Saiyajin. So Goku is more of a prodigy since he’s been training hard consistently throughout his life.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Let’s stop mentioning Inyuasha, cause that show sucks balls.[/quote]

Blasphemy! Sesshomaru is a fine example of an anti-hero and he alone could keep me watching. Inuyasha and Kagome as co-protagonists work together excellently. Kagome’s double-life is a tad unrealistic, though, I’ll give you that. Then again, the Bakuryuha is pretty unlikely, too.

Kagome’s nagging can be a pain, but her presence is important just so that Inuyasha doesn’t completely lose it and go postal on an entire village of innocent people. She keeps him down to earth and is necessary to keep at bay his natural anger in addition to his fury left over from the Kikyo heartbreak. All in all, her nonsense is a necessary evil.

You’re all wrong. Vegeta’s pride in being the “Prince of all Saiyans” led him to overtrain to compensate for Goku’s genetics. He festered on the fact that Goku exceeded him in every way and lost focus on how to better himself by blindly trying to to best Goku.

He could have surpassed his own wildest dreams had he focused on himself and what he should do to make himself better and not lood at Goku as a rival and a setpoint. Goku was always calm and level headed, and that let him train efficiently and strengthen so fast. He was not preoccupied with besting anyone but himself.

Vegeta, on the other hand, was too focused on besting Goku.

Sesshomaru is wicked badass.

Kagome is important to the show.
Is it wrong to find an anime character attractive?

BigRagoo is spot on with Vegeta.

I need to practice my Kamehameha Wave.

Actually, Vegeta reminds me of muscular, 'roid abusing MMA fighters (Hammer House) that were once successful with one dimensional brute force, but lose quickly to pure, modern talent like Frank Shamrock and Fedor. He focuses on strength, while Goku always had an array of techniques to use.

Even if they didn’t work (spirit bomb), it just shows that his depth of training and intelligence gives him an edge, not his physical power. Think BJ Penn vs Melvin Guillard.

Of course, it might be the Senzu bean steroids.

I thought it was vegeta’s anger that goku turned super saiyin that was the thing that finally got vegeta to go over the edge and become a super saiyin himself.

Also, I think Vegeta relied on the monkey form for a lot longer than Goku. Goku lost his tail when he was really young so couldn’t rely on changing to tear shit up as a giant ape. So Vegeta had a crutch all those years in relying on the ape form. just another possibility

Goku played his ace too early.

Thing is, he had four more.

[quote]TBoZ1244 wrote:
I thought it was vegeta’s anger that goku turned super saiyin that was the thing that finally got vegeta to go over the edge and become a super saiyin himself.

Also, I think Vegeta relied on the monkey form for a lot longer than Goku. Goku lost his tail when he was really young so couldn’t rely on changing to tear shit up as a giant ape. So Vegeta had a crutch all those years in relying on the ape form. just another possibility

[/quote]

Vegeta finally turned the corner to become a super saiyin when he had finally lost it. He had lost all feeling in his body. He realized he had spent so many years trying to best goku, and he just didn’t care anymore.

What was his cortisol level again?

(someone… anyone… please? Hint: It’s over a certain number…)

And how do all of you oldtimers know this stuff? Did you wiki or are their more geeks in the fitness world than I expected?

I wonder how many fitness geeks start off looking at comic book and anime heros, wishing to have their musculature and power.