Vege Greens

Berardi mentioned that he supplements with this when he is on the road to ensure he gets enough veggies. Does anyone know where I can buy this supplement. I am going to start a new job soon where I will be on the road a lot. Anybody of experience with this or comparable products?

Thanks in advance.

It seems as if Vege Greens is manufactured by a Canadian Company. Best bet is to check out their website (http://www.progressivenutritional.com)

Or, you can get it from an online canadian supplement store like SND Canada for about 60 bucks CDN

Hope this helps.

“Perfect Food” by Garden of Life http://www.gardenoflifeusa.com is as good (best out there in my opinion) as any greens formula, and you can easily get it here in the states.

Alexander is right, perfect food is awesome; I am surprised that John has not mentioned it. You can get it on some web sites for 30% off. Just do a search on yahoo and numerous sites should pop right up. Hope this helps.

Quantum Greens–www.healthline.cc

perfect food is really good but IMO this is the best, purest one

[quote]Alexandar wrote:
“Perfect Food” by Garden of Life http://www.gardenoflifeusa.com is as good (best out there in my opinion) as any greens formula, and you can easily get it here in the states.[/quote]

Thanks! I just ordered some. How much do you supplement with? It said on the directions to start with 1/4 servings, is this what you did? I am assuming that is so your stomach can adjust?

Personally, I use it per label recommendations, but instead of using 2 heaping tblspoons I weigh mine with a scale. I use 10g daily.

I really hope you bought the capsules and not the powder, cuz it’s just foul! I felt like puking every time I took a sip of Perfect food.

[quote]Reef wrote:
I really hope you bought the capsules and not the powder, cuz it’s just foul! I felt like puking every time I took a sip of Perfect food.[/quote]

Uh oh, I actually bought the powder. Guess I will have to tuff out the first bottle, as it was kind of expensive not to use. I will keep this in mind for the future though.

I mix the powder w/ crystal light or sugar free cool-aid and it tastes just fine.

I decided to take the dive and get some to only be used when I am not able to get in all my veges.

Are there any major differences between Vege Greens, Quantum Greens, or Perfect Food?

Some, certain brands have there extracts standardized to different amounts. For example in some brands the green tea extract will be standardized to 50% photophenoyls while another brand will be standardized to 95%. You really just have to compare the brands side by side.

[quote]Sasage wrote:
I decided to take the dive and get some to only be used when I am not able to get in all my veges.

Are there any major differences between Vege Greens, Quantum Greens, or Perfect Food?[/quote]

I may be biased but there is no comparison to quantum greens or anyone of their products actually because the products are free of toxic excipients. The greens in their formula are pesticide free grown in south america and low temperature air dried. All the fiber is intact(not juice) and there are superfood algaes in there as well.

How about prices? Who has the best product at the lowest price?
I’m currently looking into Now Foods “Phyto Greens” and they seem to be the least expensive so far.

not meant to be putting you down but with this logic then we should also assume you use the cheapest protein powder too not necessarily the best.

[quote]BodyIQ wrote:
I’m currently looking into Now Foods “Phyto Greens” and they seem to be the least expensive so far.[/quote]

This is great stuff and I’m SO glad JB dropped it in the column, otherwise I’d never have found it…

But yeah I have to remember NOT to drink the powder after changing my 8 month old’s diapers…

At least (for me) it’s tasteless if you mix it enough…

[quote]blam wrote:
I mix the powder w/ crystal light or sugar free cool-aid and it tastes just fine. [/quote]

I will have to give this a try. I almost yacked last night when I tried to down it with water. I literally gagged and had to pour it out. I thought I could drink nearly anything too.

[quote]storey420 wrote:
not meant to be putting you down but with this logic then we should also assume you use the cheapest protein powder too not necessarily the best.

BodyIQ wrote:
I’m currently looking into Now Foods “Phyto Greens” and they seem to be the least expensive so far.

[/quote]
As stated, BEST product/lowest price. Anyone could go into GNC and buy a great product but more than likely they aren’t getting it at a good price.

Right now, I’m using Greens+ and it’s decent when mixed in water (10oz.) with a packet of splenda.

I understand ya BodyIQ. I guess the better way to say that is that qunatum greens is the best IMO period. So the price weither it is more expensive than product B is pointless. Kinda like saying that there are proteins that are almost as good as Biotest’s stuff but cheaper. For my body I want the best.

PhytoGreens IS a quality product. Compare its label to many of the more expensive brands and you will see they contain almost identical levels of most nutrients(especially the key ones that matter).

NOW also follows GMP standards so you can be fairly sure of there quality.

Finally, Higher Price != Better Quality, especially in the supplement world. A lot of companies charge a ton more for theri protein ‘blends’ then Biotest yet their product is inferior. Some People seem to assume that if a supplement costs more it MUST be better.