Vegas Shooter Kills 50+

That’s how it always plays out. For example, the orderly Germans were very pedantic about reprisal ratios - in France it was 50 French civilians shot for one killed German soldier, rising to 100:1 for USSR and the Balkans.

The communists didn’t worry about ratios but kept to the general spirit of the concept.

Another thing - one of the main reasons Americans won the Revolutionary War was the fact they were (at the time) white Englishmen. Despite all the talk about the tyranny of King George, the British displayed unusual squeamishness when fighting fellow liberty-loving Englishmen whom many politicians back in the UK openly backed.

When dealing with non-white, the British behaved quite different:

And there were plenty of collabos in France who saw the German presence as a chance to get rid of communists and Jews, even though they were French as well.

As I’ve said several times, I don’t believe we’re near that point, yet. We might not ever be. I hope we never are.

No, lesser actions were enough in this case.

We’re just gonna have to agree to disagree I guess.

In Nazi Jersey they couldn’t be relatives. It is really a way to keep minorities from purchasing guns.

I haven’t had much trouble getting my licence, but there are restrictions on magazine capacity and there are certain handgun models (and rifles) banned if they were manufactured after a certain date. There’s no special function to these handguns, they’re just banned for w/e reason - and actually getting an updated version of said list isn’t as simple as a quick google search (I just did that to provide a link - Glocks are banned in MA … I’m not sure if it’s all models but if they’re manufactured after a certain date, they’re banned - but other similar handguns aren’t … for w/e reason).

The laws in Massachusetts aren’t always the most well informed or practical.

Mass law would be a big fuck you to federalism and the 10th amendment. I’m sure there are better processes in other states that would be more effective if applied federally (which shouldn’t ever happen imo - I abhor ACA and the overhanded way it was shoved down the country’s collective throat - plus the results have been anything but stellar).

I believe in MA a minor over the age or 12 or 14 can get their FID and purchase long guns

Speaking of Jersey and this has nothing to do with this thread … how the fuck did Christie serve for as long as he did? My God what a huge sack of shit he is.

The thing is, you won’t know until it’s too late. This is why the people who defend gun ownership with little regulation or restrictions are silly to me. The government doesn’t need to take your guns to restrict your liberty and when you realize you are less free it’s too late. The idea that freedom is represented by the ability to own guns with few restrictions is a big problem. Meanwhile, there was that Marine vet who was killed by the police serving a no knock warrant. They found nothing illegal and actually refused medical care to the person they shot. He took about an hour to die while lying on the floor as the cops just stood around, I mean “secured” the scene.

How many people are perfectly fine with cops stopping to check the identity of people who “look” Hispanic to make sure they aren’t illegals?

How did Sharpe James serve as mayor of Newark for as long as he did? I mean, the guy owned a couple of houses, a yacht, drove a Rolls Royce and sent his kids to private school while claiming Newark public schools were great. Jersey politicians are pretty much all corrupt pieces of shit but once you get to know the people you don’t really feel sorry for them.

1 Like

I just found this story, and found it an oddity and decided to post.

It seems that the worship level here is going overboard, maybe scary?

Back home there used to be a saying that didn’t seem to translate up here. “God, guns, and family. S’all you need.”

Did they?

Are their thoughts and ideals thriving in the world today? Sure seems like history would call them all losers.

http://tribunist.com/news/armed-deputy-refused-to-enter-fl-high-school-while-17-people-were-being-killed/?utm_source=MOH

No words

First, here is an article of an NRA speech recently, in case anyone didn’t know:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/us-politics/trump-says-arming-some-teachers-would-stop-shootings-instantly/article38062383/

Next, I wonder how the legal process is going for Cruz. It seems he didn’t try to get himself killed, although how long he expected to be cleanly on the lam one wonders. Is there capitol punishment in Florida?

Here’s the choice quote from this asshat:

“Their goal is to eliminate the Second Amendment and our firearms freedoms so they can eradicate all individual freedoms.”

Little wonder why I don’t take 2A fetishists and libertarians seriously.

1 Like

Well, it will be interesting to see how the NRA and GOP react to Trump’s calls for stricter gun control. Also, how Trump’s base will react will be even more interesting.

I saw a (serious) Facebook post from someone that suggested the rash of school shootings is part of the deep state conspiracy to turn public opinion against the 2A so the government can take over.

Sigh.

1 Like

Russian bots strike again.

1 Like

Back in the 60s/70s, conservatism drew a line and told the John Birch Society it wasn’t welcome and not representative of the movement/GOP. Fast forward to now - with many years of progress and experience since - and inexplicably anti-government paranoiacs get a prominent place at CPAC to scream about how the “gummint” is lining up to take our guns, our children, our freedoms, and ultimately our lives. A regression, and a sad one.

Also, one other random observation triggered by your mention of your FB poster: the very same tough guy 2A fetishists who mock “snowflakes” and “helicopter parents” for being weak and scared of everything in the modern world are the same people that live in fear of tyrannical government turning on its citizens and that see a potential terrorist around every corner on their way to get a sandwich downtown.

They aren’t tough. They’re pitiful. They’re as much a “snowflake” as the people they deride. Left-wing snowflakes are scared of ideas that counter their own and threaten their worldview, right-wing snowflakes are scared of a basically non-existent threat of tyrranical government enslaving them.

Two sides if the same coin, IMO.

4 Likes

I do have another “dumb dumb with a gun” story that relates to this mentality, but at this point its just beyond redundant.