Vegas Shooter Kills 50+

Not necessarily. Other countries have poor people. They have criminals. They have lunatics. Switzerland’s ownership is a quarter that of the US. Also, it’s not necessarily that gun ownership is the issue/reason for more mass shootings but the country with the most guns is the one with the most mass shootings so maybe it’s why we have the most guns that is at the root. In other words, gun ownership is a symptom.

Should we answer that first, or should we first determine the meaning of life?

But we can’t ignore that our fascination with guns could play a part.

Maybe people in other westernized nations have answered both since they aren’t killing each other as much as we are.

In those nations with stricter gun laws people can and do own guns.

In Europe people can and do own guns. They are not banned.

I thought you said their ownership was greater than the US?

I wrote they have a high rate of ownership. They couldn’t be greater than the US because the US is like Arnold: Numero Uno.

Sure man. Look I’ll lay it all out on the table.

And if anyone can put comprehensive legislation that has any sort of proof that it will work, that is very clear, very specific and as corruption proof as possible, I’ll back it 100%.

We aren’t that Tom Cruise movie, we can punish pre-crimes, and whether or not you believe in rights, currently we have the right to ownership protected. So you’re not going to get anywhere with emotive “baby slaughtering” language, we’ve heard it 10,000 times before, we don’t care what other countries do, and we’re sick of being the ones to be punished for the actions of others.

So draft me a bill, post it here, that ensures good people can have reasonable access, and is based on any sort of facts other than you feeling like it will work* good that stops the “bad guys” from getting them, and I’ll back it.

*I’ll even accept showing how the legislation stops any two “mass killings” or 30% of gang violence.

Just going to be honest dude, I don’t give a fuck what Europe does re: guns. I really don’t. And nothing they do is likely to effect mine, or millions of gun right’s advocates views on gun ownership in the US.

It is what it is we then figure out a solution but head in sand aint working. I’d at least like to know

Okay. So, I think we can then say, using them as an example, that rate of ownership is not directly responsible for the rate of violence (or murder). One could even hypothesis that such a high rate of ownership is actually why there is less murder because the threat of armed retaliation (ie self-defense) is greater there.

I personally do not like trying to compare nations, particularly ones so vastly different in population, history, and culture. My comment is just in the spirit of discussion.

Then we have to accept that we will have more mass shootings and that they are going to be more frequent and more deadly.

Did we determine this is true?

It isn’t working on a shit ton of issues man.

Shit, it’s my opinion that “head in sand” on a lot of stuff is partially to blame for trump.

So let’s solve it, toss out legislation. I promise to only ask questions and constructive criticism. I won’t bust balls or troll it at all. Let’s figure it out here and now.

(I had a thread a long while ago about an idea for federal licensing and even had ways for felons who turned their life around could get their rights back, but people didn’t bite and were very anti restrictions. I wonder how it’d play today.)

When has legislation ever been the answer (in recent times)? Honest question.

After 9/11 we got the patriot act for example.

3 Likes

Yemen has the second highest gun ownership rates for nations over 10 million people and they are second on the list for number of mass shootings. Someone brought up France and the Paris attacks; France has one of the highest number of guns per capita in the world, higher than Switzerland, and they have had more mass shootings than countries lower on the list. This also shows that the overall murder rate is not a factor when it comes to mass shootings.

That’s the trend. When did the mass shooting with the highest death toll occur? 2016.

07 housing market crash.

JK we didn’t legislate shit when that happened. Good thing we’re making another bubble!

1 Like

Switzerland arms its citizens. Those guns aren’t even counted, because they’re government-owned. I don’t even think you’re talking about “rate of ownership,” but “guns per capita.”