Vegas Shooter Kills 50+

Stoner sold his rights in the early 60’s or something like that to Colt, who sold the FA version to the army sold the semi version to the public as early as the 60’s.

I believe you’ve been able to buy an M1 forever now, and the Mini-14 is old enough to be a feature of the A-Team.

1 Like

In 70s CDC did a massive study on drunk driving and driving fatalities… It led to lots of new car maker safety stuff stricter DWI laws and new ways to improve HWYS streets etc… CDC hasn’t been allowed to study gun stuff…Why? My guess lobbyists and $$

Were they in France when they killed 137 people with illegal guns, bombs and suicide vests?

Laws don’t stop crazy. They might make it 10% less convenient. But determined crazy is scary.

But how were sales in the 60s and 70s? How were sales when Obama was going to take them away?

Gun sales during Obama was through the roof. NRA had folks convinced President Blackenstien and negro army was coming to get everyones guns. He did nada…If I was NRA I’d pump a democrat candidate. Dems wont do shit and folks go crazy like black Friday sales…Good for biz

1 Like

The fact is, and it is a fact, that gun violence goes up as gun ownership goes up. Gun violence goes down as ownership goes down. So again, if you want more freedom with regard to gun ownership then you have to accept that there will be more gun violence.

And when it’s easier for people to buy guns it’s easier for crazy people to buy guns.

Proof?

Actually if you control for suicides violent crime has been on a downward trend in the US since the early 90s and gun ownership has skyrocketed in that time.

Not saying UBC is a bad idea, but this Texas shooting should be exhibit A to show us that trusting a government system is foolhardy.

Violent crime or gun violence?

True story.

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/cnsnewscom-staff/more-guns-less-gun-violence-between-1993-and-2013

Not even close man. Not even close to what I said.

Here:

No where did I say anything remotely close to “non-starter” at all. I said a belief in where rights originate matters in policy discussion, because in political reality you actually have to pass legislation, which means you have to (should at least) get people from the “other side” to agree. Can’t do that if you ignore where they are coming from.

Of course it could not as well. Hence why I said “I don’t know”, because no I don’t know the future.

Handful of people, but it’s not many.

But law existing =/= a law working (or working as intended.) Dodd-Frank made the big banks bigger. I don’t remember that being a selling point of the legislation. But the law exists, so I guess it’s effective?

Can’t sell booze on Sundays in MA… Law exists, must be effective.

Okay?

Have you ignored that every sale or purchase I’ve every done had one attached, and I won’t do it without one?

I explained why the community at large isn’t a fan of additional regulation, far as I can tell, multiple times.

Good faith effort that “gun grabbers” aren’t just “gun grabbers”
Protects my and other’s hearing
less disruptive to neighbors and their pets
less noise complaints via people who move in next to ranges
subsonic ammo is more accurate, suppressors help that cycle.
They shouldn’t be NFA items in the first place

Just…can’t…stop can you lol

The slipper slope is a large part of resistance to any new legislation, yes. I don’t think this is paranoia, and I’m sure you’ll definitively state it is… blah blah blah, but irrelevant, these people’s opinion matters, not matter how many times you type it, or how much contempt you hold of them.

Again, thankful you have that faith.

Okay.

He spoke about Australia style “regulations” enough where it wasn’t anyone else driving those fears but himself.

No idea about the sales, but they were available.

Except try and tie ownership to things like the “no fly list”… And Ms Feinstein has been on record saying she’d confiscate firearms if it was politically possible.

These are just two examples.

This.

It’s a perfect (albeit sad) example of what gun owners have said for decades. Gun laws break down as all laws do and it took an armed citizen to put this guy down mitigating further loss.

1 Like

I should have written mass shootings. Americans own the highest number of guns per capita.

All gun maker stocks have gone down substantially since Trump’s election. But they all go up after a mass shooting.

I meant to write mass shootings, not shootings in general.

Guys database management concerns are paranoia and non-issues. I’m sorry, juvenile paranoia.

1 Like

Both are down. Edited my post with links, but @nikivar beat me to it. Even with stupid fucking terrorists and mass shootings since Columbine… gun deaths are down.

If you remove suicides and like 5 inner city zip codes We are safer than western Europe.

I think one should be very cautious when talking about mass shootings as the statistics are often misleading based on the criteria used to define the phrase.

The last time I looked mass shootings of (I believe) 3 or more people are actually related mostly to domestic violence and occur on private property.

Generally, when some refers to a mass shooting, they are referring to events like Vegas and I don’t believe those type of events have increased incrementally with gun ownership.

There is debate as to whether those incidents have increased but there isn’t as much debate when it comes to how many more are being killed in those incidents. More guns are owned in the US, a lot more compared to other nations, and we have more mass shootings by any metric.

Feature, not a bug