Vegas Shooter Kills 50+

Nope - arbitrarily refusing to respond to a call would (likely) trigger liability.

Did you read the case? Obviously not.

Sure thing. Done a lot of 1983 work have you, Perry Mason?

1 Like

Who said they were?

Graduated in the top 5% of my law school class and worked at a couple top international law firms. I may know a thing or two.

There are consequences - but the Gonzales case simply says you don’t have an individual cause of action inder Section 1983, so no consequences there.

Super. I’m, like, super-impressed. But my question was more specific - practiced in 1983 claims, or no?

I’ve dealt with them fuck head. Do you even have a degree?

Stripping people of habeus corpus? Who suggested that? Let crazy people come to court everyday and have their craziness re-evaluated, for all I care.

Just in case you think I am actually in favor of jailing the crazy solely for their craziness, I am not. It would just be much more effective than any (additional or existing) ban on arms. I am not one worried about muh SAAAAAAAAAAAFETYYYYYYYYYY!! everytime some loon starts shooting.

Sounds like a no.

Sounds like a no from you. Another bottom 95%

So you have case law where police were successfully sued for failure to protect? Obviously not criminal misconduct, but failure to save someone? Because I can find rulings to the contrary all day long, and that’s without Westlaw access.

Hey, Top Five Percent, need an answer on this one.

Read Mr. Google law degree

1 Like

No, seriously, who here has said that irrational that people would want to defend themselves?

It was a declarative statement. I was curious about where your line of argumentation was headed. Still curious but less so. Do you have a law degree? Any experience?

Did you read the case? How is it different than this example?

Nope, and didn’t say I did. Generally, if the police tried and failed, as long as they tried, you have no recourse. And that makes sense. That would be simply impossible in the real world . But that doesn’t mean there’s not consequences if they fail. Cops can get into trouble ranging from losing their jobs to getting punished under the law - there’s just not a basic avenue for an individual to seek civil redress from a cop.

In short, there’s a duty, and there are consequences from shirking that duty - they’re just not in the form of a civil lawsuit to a citizen.

Is there a point?

NM…

Run along, you’ve got doc review to do.

Funny google guy.

Whoa man. Slow your roll. This guy was top 5% of a top school somewhere at some point in time and he worked at places that are very impressive. GTFO

1 Like