Vegas Shooter Kills 50+

Just, please, for once, stop repeating talking points. Some facts:

All but one of the 20 worst mass public shootings took place outside of the United States

45 of the 50 worst mass public shooting took place outside of the United States

http://jpfo.org/alerts2017/alert20170203.htm

1 Like

Yea but we get them all the time… Pretty sure we take the prize for frequency

"More than one a day.

That is how often, on average, shootings that left four or more people wounded or dead occurred in the United States this year, according to compilations of episodes derived from news reports."

How many guns did the shooter use?

New says he had 10guns in room…dont think that news is out yet…Video just sounds like machine gun

Pretty ironic that that adds to 1776.

1 Like

That is weird. I hadn’t even noticed.

1 Like

Ah, so you have no idea how many he used, but you want a number of gun per person limit you don’t even know would have addressed the issue? How many should a guy be able to have?

How crazy is this

This whole case is bizarre.

5 Likes

Though we haven’t been privy to what his stash contained, he was clearly shooting fully automatic weapons. Those are illegal, they are almost impossible to buy, even GA the most gun liberal state in the nation. And conversions aren’t cheap or easy for the recreational shooter.
Second, his target was half a mile away. I would recon he had to at least be using 7.62 NATO to be deadly at that range. In other words, he was using illegal weapons.
NV requires you to register all your weapons, so if this were on the up and up, somebody might have noticed that kind of weaponry.
Second, there is really no way to prevent this tragedy. Vegas is full of soft targets that’s what also is attractive about it, it’s very free. A determined maniac will always succeed.

Hell, France is a gun free zone and how many shootings and attacks have they had in the last couple of years? Quite a lot.

2 Likes

No we don’t. See France, where guns are illegal.

I think 4 is plenty… 2 hunting and 2 hand guns I guess but why anyone needs a machine gun and rooms full of Amo is beyond me… Also I dont think people need rocket launchers or grenades. Im not anti gun btw got one myself and plenty of my friends hunt with their kids. Just think being able to have this kinda fire power = more of this… Its way beyond me or you we arent law enforcement experts but surely a solution exists

4 is not plenty for many hunters and rec shooters. You hunt a couple of different animals and shoot trap and then you literally couldn’t carry for self defense anymore. It’s apparent you don’t know anything about hunting or recreational firearm usage.

But what do you think the number of killed in this case would be if he had been limited to 4?

1 Like

Sorry, that’s just a dumb article. They are called “mass” shootings, key word being ‘mass’. Lot’s of casualties. So if we are just averaging the number of people shot divided by days in a year we’re covered for a year and a half. Disarming the masses will have zero effect on mass casualty events. If somebody want’s to kill a lot of people, have half a brain and a soft target, it’s easy. Any of us can do it, we don’t because we don’t want to not because we are not able.

I think you should only be allowed to speak freely from 12 AM to 5 AM. That’s plenty.

2 Likes

The BATFE has made private citizens owning rocket launchers and hand grenades nearly impossible unless you’re a merc or a millionaire. You would need a seperate $200 NFA tax stamp, fingerprint card and a signed approval from a local sherrif/chief LEO for each grenade or rocket. I doubt that any Sherrif or chief of police would allow grenade ownership in his jurisdiction. Even in Texas.

These rules also apply to suppressors, automatic weappns, short barreled rifles/shotguns, pen guns etc…

It’s important to note that once you have an NFA stamp the ATF can search your property at any time for any reason without a warrant. If the paperwork isn’t in order or the guns aren’t where they’re supposed to be then they’ll be confiscated and you can be charged with a felony.

http://blog.adamsarms.net/blog/how-do-i-get-an-nfa-tax-stamp

Well talking shit doesnt kill people if it did Id be a mass murderer

2 Likes

It can. Speech is more dangerous than weapons in the wrong hands.

66940007_hitler_373594c

7 Likes

My thoughts exactly.