Vegas Baby, Vegas

Has anyone used the Wynn’s fitness center? I will be staying there for a few days coming up and was wondering how decent it is for free weights.

I’m not looking for a hardcore gym while I’m there since time will be kind of tight and I will likely be drinking more than I should and staying out late. I’ve also scheduled my workout routine so that my time in Vegas falls during an “off” week.

If the gym there sucks, I might just do light work in my room or nude handstand pushups at the pool.

DB

DB- While I have never been to Vegas, I have heard that the “Moonlight Bunny Ranch” is an excellent cardio facility. There is also a possibility that there would be something there for you to lift. Just saying.

[quote]Addicted wrote:
DB- While I have never been to Vegas, I have heard that the “Moonlight Bunny Ranch” is an excellent cardio facility. There is also a possibility that there would be something there for you to lift. Just saying.[/quote]

Most people don’t realize this, but the Ranch is actually about 6 hours from Vegas. Not worth it when you can get that stuff for free in Vegas if you have any game at all.

I have to suspect that the Wynn’s facility is decent, though I have never been in it. The one at the Mirage was good enough to get me by for a few days. The fitness room at the Wynn has to be better than the Mirage’s, given the quality of the hotels in general.

Speaking of which, I’ll be there in a few weeks, staying at Mandalay Bay. Does anyone know if Mandalay’s weight room is any good?

Thanks.

Don’t know about the gyms in the hotels. Whenever I go to Vegas, I always train at the Golds Gym on Flamingo.

As for going to Vegas, I’ll be there at the end of this month (April) for my bachelor party. It will be a small group of guys, as I’m not as young as I once was, and I can’t recover from a hard night of partying every day.

[quote]Sting wrote:
Don’t know about the gyms in the hotels. Whenever I go to Vegas, I always train at the Golds Gym on Flamingo.

As for going to Vegas, I’ll be there at the end of this month (April) for my bachelor party. It will be a small group of guys, as I’m not as young as I once was, and I can’t recover from a hard night of partying every day.[/quote]

Nice…I will also be in Vegas last weekend of April for my buddy’s bachelor party. Not sure yet of accommodations, but looking forward to a marathon weekend. Hope I can get to a gym at least on day.

Even if you’re staying at the hotel they charge you to use the gym, at most of them. Before I moved here I always stayed at the Luxor. They wanted $25 for a day pass.

[quote]NateW wrote:
Even if you’re staying at the hotel they charge you to use the gym, at most of them. Before I moved here I always stayed at the Luxor. They wanted $25 for a day pass. [/quote]

This is true. But by the time I’ve paid for a cab (2 ways) and a daily membership at a gym, I will probably have paid nearly that much, if not more. Plus the time it take to get there and back. Also, at the Wynn, if you have a massage or other spa sevice reservation (which I’m considering), they don’t charge for the fitness center.

For some reason, they have an annoyingly high-tech (slow) website with absolutely NO pix or description of the fitness center.

DB

I stayed in the Wynn and it’s damn nice. I heard the facilities are nice too but I didn’t check them out.

I’ll be in the Luxor in 2 weeks, anyone know anything about their gym?

The Flamingo has a decent fitness club. You’re talking about $20 for a day. They have machines and free weights.