Vegan Q for Mike Mahler

Or anyone else that has something to add.

What supplements, if any, do you recommend for a vegan lifter?

I know someone is going to say “meat.”

Better specify which type of vegetarian you mean.

For example: Ovovegetarians also eat eggs.

Tall Tom
He said vegan mate…

violentvegan
Have you checked out Mikes website? Bound to be some useful info there.
Good luck
D

Good B-Complex product
Creatine Monohydrate
Pea protein or Rice Protein powder
Flaxseed oil, Udo’s choice etc
Omega zyn to get DHA which is in fish oils. This product is a marine algae version. You can get it at www.veganessentials.com

I was going to say meat cigars, you got me there buddy!

That’s a toughy, for vegeterians you could always recommend Cottage cheese. But I suppose your best source should come from beans.

Also, I heard corrugated cardboard does wonders :stuck_out_tongue:

hehe kidding

TallTom:

“Vegan” said it all…

Mufasa

My wife runs across people every week who claim to be vegan but are really one of the other types of vegetarian. There are even some who claim to be vegan and only exclude beef from their diet. Now you may understand my prior post.

[quote]Mike Mahler wrote:
Good B-Complex product
Creatine Monohydrate
Omega zyn to get DHA which is in fish oils. This product is a marine algae version. You can get it at www.veganessentials.com [/quote]

Thanks Mike. Any suggestions on a good place to get Pea or Rice protein?

[quote]tall tom wrote:
My wife runs across people every week who claim to be vegan but are really one of the other types of vegetarian. There are even some who claim to be vegan and only exclude beef from their diet. Now you may understand my prior post.

[/quote]

I’ve heard some good one’s too. The latest term is “flexitarian.”

I am a true vegan though.

I’m a former vegan (please do not flame just the diet didn’t seem to work for me) and I’d recommend that you avoid soy products for reasons that T-Nation widely publicises.
Make sure you regularly check out websites such as www.veganbodybuilder.com and perhaps even join one of the message boards on the topic. Also I wish you good luck in this venture and also would like to advise you to make sure you get complete protein at each meal.
A Kidney bean based stir fry served with boiled brown rice is a delicious vegan meal that I still regularly indulge in.

[quote]violentvegan wrote:
Mike Mahler wrote:
Good B-Complex product
Creatine Monohydrate
Omega zyn to get DHA which is in fish oils. This product is a marine algae version. You can get it at www.veganessentials.com

Thanks Mike. Any suggestions on a good place to get Pea or Rice protein?[/quote]

OK, I got the Pea Protein from VeganEssentials.com. Looks like good stuff. The claim is “as good as whey.”

I also bought some UDO’s oil and ZMA NightCap by SNAC.

I have 15 years training, with the last 5 being vegan, so I already know it’s do-able.

Just wanted to see what the board had to say. Good input, thanks guys.

As a side note regarding www.veganessentials.com.

If you need any advice for dietary supplementation for training as a vegan, one of the owners of Vegan Essentials (the husband) is an avid strength athlete/weight lifter (drug free 6’ 260 pound meatless beefcake). I’m sure he’d be happy to provide you advice if you email him through their website. Not only that, but he is a fine example that you don’t need meat to get huge, you just have to eat! I happen to train with him (I have known him since we were 8) and he knows his stuff quite well.

Regards,

Sensless

[quote]sensless wrote:
As a side note regarding www.veganessentials.com.

If you need any advice for dietary supplementation for training as a vegan, one of the owners of Vegan Essentials (the husband) is an avid strength athlete/weight lifter (drug free 6’ 260 pound meatless beefcake). I’m sure he’d be happy to provide you advice if you email him through their website. Not only that, but he is a fine example that you don’t need meat to get huge, you just have to eat! I happen to train with him (I have known him since we were 8) and he knows his stuff quite well.

Regards,

Sensless[/quote]

Thanks. I just might do that.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1105755731344.vegetarian.jpg

“Do the Opposite”

Everybody eats meat… so, don’t eat meat.

:wink: