T Nation

Vector and Tony's Turboz Cereal

I did a search and nothing came up, so I’ll post this here.

What is your opinion on MRP cereals like Vector and Tony’s Turboz?

I’m a newbie, but I generally eat 1 bowl of this along with my regular breakfast and maybe another time during the day or evening in addition to my meals.

Do any of you eat this and if so, or if not… what’s your take on them?

I believe tony’s turbos has soy protein isolate in it, im not to sure, but if it does, I would not recommend it, you might have problems with zinc deficiency and gynocomastia, so be careful.

Here’s the ingredient list and for both

VECTOR

Ingredients:

Rice, whole wheat, sugar/glucose-fructose, soy protein, rolled oats, soy protein concentrate, vegetable oil, salt, honey, rice flour, barley malt syrup, natural and simulated flavours, cinnamon, colour, vitamins (vitamin A palmitate, cholecalciferol, d-alpha tocopherol, sodium L-ascorbate, ascorbic acid, thiamin hydrochloride, riboflavin, niacinamide, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, d-calcium pantothenate, biotin), minerals (iron, potassium iodide, copper oxide, zinc oxide). BHT added to package material to maintain product freshness.

Allergens:
Contains wheat and soya ingredients

TONY TURBOZ

Ingredients:

Whole wheat flour, sugar/glucose-fructose, soya protein isolate, vegetable oil, blackstrap molasses, wheat bran, salt, calcium carbonate, baking soda, lysine monohydrate, simulated flavour, vitamins (sodium L-ascorbate, ascorbic acid, d-alpha tocopherol, thiamin hydrochloride, niacinamide, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, vitamin A palmitate, folic acid, d-calcium pantothenate, biotin), minerals (iron, copper oxide, magnesium oxide, zinc oxide), BHA, BHT.

Allergens:
Contains wheat and soy ingredients

they are shit. if you don’t like oatmeal, just eat a lot of fruit instead to get the carbs. your body will thank you.

[quote]ubl0 wrote:
they are shit. if you don’t like oatmeal, just eat a lot of fruit instead to get the carbs. your body will thank you.[/quote]

The Soy is probably not a problem if eaten in limited quantities. I couldn’t imagine having sides from Soy products if one was to consume them on occasion.

I think the dangers of Soy are blown out of proportion. It’s not WORTH eating, in my opinion, but I doubt the sides will show up unless you’re consuming a hell of a lot of it.

this is one case where i am not talking about the soy. the rest of the product is crap. there is more table sugar in it than protein.

i totally agree that it is the overconsumption that is to be worried about. the average asian eats around 30g or an ounce of soy per day, a meat replacement for a meal will have almost an order of magnitude higher soy content. this is where the problem lays. nobody should freak out about consuming a couple pieces of edamame with one’s sushi.

as for soy isolate, or whatever, why would i consume a protein that requires me to consume 2 times as much protein just to get the same amount of methionine - an essential amino acid - as compared to whey isolate(which is supposedly low in methionine to begin with), or whey concentrate which has more than 7 times the methionine levels?