Vasectomy Reversal

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Didn’t you just get a tattoo that represented your kids?

Now you will have to mess it up.

Yes…sigh

Just as I predicted.

I can just get a new tat. I don’t have to mess up the old one. So Nostradomas…will it work?
[/quote]

Either way we can make sure your wife get pregnant.

This is the exact reason I decided to get clipped. We have two kids and didn’t want anymore. I knew if I didn’t get it done we would try and convince ourselves that we should have more kids in the future. Every once in a while my wifes starts with the baby wanting talk. And then thanks for getting the vasectomy, cause she really is happy with the two boys we have.

And on top of that we would have a damn Brady Bunch trying for a girl if I hadn’t had it done.

[quote]drilldaddy_99 wrote:
This is the exact reason I decided to get clipped. We have two kids and didn’t want anymore. I knew if I didn’t get it done we would try and convince ourselves that we should have more kids in the future. Every once in a while my wifes starts with the baby wanting talk. And then thanks for getting the vasectomy, cause she really is happy with the two boys we have.

And on top of that we would have a damn Brady Bunch trying for a girl if I hadn’t had it done.[/quote]

You are the same only opposite. I REALLY wanted a boy.

I have 2 girls, but would not trade it for anything. I convinced myself I would be the guy who keeps trying and has girl after girl. You’ve seen em…Suburban, 5 girls jump out, and 1 baby boy in the car seat…you know HE’s done!

I only know a handfull of men who actually ONLY wanted girls.

[quote]S-Lifter wrote:
Given the state of your marriage, keep your vasectomy. More kids does not mean more domestic success, as you already know.[/quote]

Absolutely true. We were never in real bad shape. Mostly had to do with stress and kids…but another won’t solve that either. Might as well ride the wave!

“Mr. Griffin, your new baby girl.”

“Are you sure?”

I had my vasectomy 7 years ago and it was one of the smartest decisions I ever made. I guess the success of a reversal would depend on the procedure the doctor did when you had your vasectomy. For example, if you had your vas deferens tube cut, looped and tied at the top I believe reconnection would be easier. Some doctors, like mine, completely cut out a section of the vas deferen tube (what I call “taking out the bridge”) and discard it. I don’t know what they would use to reattach it. A vasectomy is meant to be a permanent procedure. A woman with her constant changing of emotions and feelings being glad you had the procedure done and then the next minute wishing you could give her another child would make me glad that I had it done. Having your balls cut on every time she changes her mind or mood could leave with you a lot of scars and an empty bank account.

There are a lot of kids out there that need parents especially in other countries. Adoption would be easy in these circumstances. If you wanted to put your wife to the test on her wanting to have another child how about taking in a foster child for a few months?

[quote]rainjack wrote:

I think birth control pills are the worst thing a woman could possibly do to her body, and as such am willing to whatever I need to do to keep my wife from ingesting them. [/quote]

Forgive my ignorance, but why are birth control pills harmful?

I had the procedure 7 yrs ago after our 4th child. ALL were cesarian. Frankly, I couldn’t stand to see my wife’s innards again. The pills didn’t set well with her so it was the sensible thing to do. I would love to have MORE children too. The chances of complications (i.e. nerve damage) increase everytime someone enters your scrotum. It is never ending pain in a place you don’t want it. Having babies is the easy part, spending time with your children and their friends as they grow up and become teenagers takes much more time and effort. Being a mentor and a friend to your children as they grow up is one of life’s great challenges. Enjoy those you have now, they will soon enough be gone.

I had mine done 17 yrs ago , there was once I looked into it . The cost was unreal . I also had a 50 50 chance that it would take .

I never got it done and happy I didn’t . Besides not really wanting a baby I 'm not with her anymore . I’m not a good candidate for a father again . I will leave that up the men that enjoy fatherhood . At least I can face it this why instead of being one & not liking it .

[quote]Orbitalboner wrote:
rainjack wrote:

I think birth control pills are the worst thing a woman could possibly do to her body, and as such am willing to whatever I need to do to keep my wife from ingesting them.

Forgive my ignorance, but why are birth control pills harmful?[/quote]

Because they yank a woman’s hormones and body chemistry in all sorts of unnatural directions.

(seriously… no, really)I have a friend who:

1. Had 3 kids, then got cut at age 34
  2. Wanted #4 two years later, so he got reconnected.
  3. Had #4 then got cut again.
  4. Wanted #5 two year later, so he got reconnected again.
  5. Had #5 then got cut again.
  6. Got divorced, remarried five years later, and is contemplating kids again.

[quote]!vic wrote:

1. Had 3 kids, then got cut at age 34
  2. Wanted #4 two years later, so he got reconnected.
  3. Had #4 then got cut again.
  4. Wanted #5 two year later, so he got reconnected again.
  5. Had #5 then got cut again.
  6. Got divorced, remarried five years later, and is contemplating kids again.[/quote]

HOLY MOLEY!

I looked into it and it’s upwards of 15k for the reversal!

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
!vic wrote:

HOLY MOLEY!

I looked into it and it’s upwards of 15k for the reversal!
[/quote]

It has been a few years, I think he was paying 3-5k at the time for the reconnects. It was worth it to him because la familia is the most important thing. I’m sure it is an individual thing but he said the pain was minimal and he was back in action in about a week.

Good deal lets talk to everyone about private history

[quote]cellulite43 wrote:
Good deal lets talk to everyone about private history[/quote]

It’s far less worse than making an psycho idiot out of yourself…hint…hint.

Your post is making me think! Jerk (kidding)
We just had our second daughter & I was getting gung-ho about getting cut (to my wife’s horror), thinking two healthy & beutiful girls is enough. I’m leary of trying again in case we get girl # 3. 3 girls in high school would be a handfull. It definiatly is something to think about.

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
“Mr. Griffin, your new baby girl.”

“Are you sure?”[/quote]

Your new baby could also be twin daughters. You better get a house with 5 bathrooms, then!

Think long and hard about this.
Anytime they cut into you something can go wrong. Hospitals and doctor’s offices are filthy places - full of germs, even if they look sparkling clean.
I could tell you the whole story of my vasectomy nightmare, but it would be a long post.

I now have a nut that is shaped like a kidney bean, and feel lucky to have gotten out of it with both my boys still attached.

Suffice it to say that since then, I view invasive procedures as an absolute last resort - not elective.