Vascularity Question

Hey Guys,

Is there anything I can do in addition to losing fat that can increase vascularity?

I think I have the worst vascularity on earth… or rather, I have abnormal vascularity. For example, I am only now seeing the vein that goes down my left bicep and it’s not very full - my right bicep nothing except faint outline of vein.

But the strange thing is I have vascularity in weird places, like I can see veins in my middle abs and in my lower abs, on my hips, in my delts, chest, etc.

Forearms are so so - not pumped like some pics I’ve seen on here, but not horrible.

This may sound like a ridiculous/trivial point, but it seems like I should have bigger bicep veins.

My Bf% (3 pt caliper test) is around 8% but I’m guessing that’s more like 9 or 10 due to the decreased accuracy of those tests. Nevertheless, I see guys around the gym that are pretty fat with bicep veins etc.

Is it possible I just have a strange fat distribution pattern? I’ve been cutting and the bicep veins are definitely becoming more visible.

Thanks for any pointers.

your over 6 foot and under 200lbs…and your losing weight…while under 10% BF. (scratches head, wondering)…maybe put some muscle on them biceps?

I usually sculpt my veins with playdoh.

You can get them huge and the zany colors make you look like an alien.

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
your over 6 foot and under 200lbs…and your losing weight…while under 10% BF. (scratches head, wondering)…maybe put some muscle on them biceps?[/quote]

Yeah I hear ya - but I also see really skinny guys that are super veiny… Not sure, will see how I do as I start to gain. Thanks.

[quote]Fire Walk wrote:
I usually sculpt my veins with playdoh.

You can get them huge and the zany colors make you look like an alien.[/quote]

Ha - that’s awesome - but I’m all natural :wink: thanks though for the suggestion, I don’t like to supplement.

[quote]cain06 wrote:
Pipes06 wrote:
your over 6 foot and under 200lbs…and your losing weight…while under 10% BF. (scratches head, wondering)…maybe put some muscle on them biceps?

Yeah I hear ya - but I also see really skinny guys that are super veiny… Not sure, will see how I do as I start to gain. Thanks.[/quote]

I think he’s completely right. I’ve been a rather skinny guy all my life and I didn’t really see the vascularity that I do now until I gained size.

I work 10 hour shifts in a machine shop lifting heavy steel and aluminum and then sawing it into parts; lather, rinse, repeat. Then at 3:00am when I get off, I go to the gym.

My forearms, which of course were already lean, have gotten bigger and since there was no fat there, the muscle jsut streches the skin becoming rather Bruce Lee ripped and I’m suprised at the vascularity.

I’ve gained considerable arm and chest size and can see veins I haven’t before. I think I’m around 20% body fat and I am working on getting super lean, I think that’s when the little demons are going to show.

I would agree with Pipes man. If you really are at that low of a body fat percentage and not seeing shit bulge, concentrate on getting BIGGER.

[quote]Fire Walk wrote:
cain06 wrote:
Pipes06 wrote:

Yeah I hear ya - but I also see really skinny guys that are super veiny… Not sure, will see how I do as I start to gain. Thanks.

I think he’s completely right. I’ve been a rather skinny guy all my life and I didn’t really see the vascularity that I do now until I gained size.

I work 10 hour shifts in a machine shop lifting heavy steel and aluminum and then sawing it into parts; lather, rinse, repeat. Then at 3:00am when I get off, I go to the gym.

My forearms, which of course were already lean, have gotten bigger and since there was no fat there, the muscle jsut streches the skin becoming rather Bruce Lee ripped and I’m suprised at the vascularity.

I’ve gained considerable arm and chest size and can see veins I haven’t before. I think I’m around 20% body fat and I am working on getting super lean, I think that’s when the little demons are going to show.

I would agree with Pipes man. If you really are at that low of a body fat percentage and not seeing shit bulge, concentrate on getting BIGGER.

[/quote]

That’s the plan. I’m a FFB and I always have to watch what I eat. I’m taking the advice of this site to an extent and getting to a reasonably lean level (I guess I’m there) and then going to focus on clean eating to gain size. I’ve always been in the dirty bulk mindset until reading some of Thib and Shugart’s stuff so now I know what I should do to gain cleanly without a lot of fat gain.

Thanks everyone.

That also makes sense because my best and most developed parts (abs, shoulders, chest) are also my most vascular - implying just what you said - that more muscle will stretch the skin and increase vascularity!

Sweet it makes sense!!

ahh your an FFB…so your working overtime…gotcha man good luck with your vascularity journey.