Varicocele Surgery

Hey Guys and Gals,

So I’ve had a varicocele in my left side of the scrotum since I was like 15 or 16 years old. Fast forward 4 years later and it hurts, aches, and feels “heavy”. I’m due for surgery next week on the 28th. They’re doing a varicolectomy (spelling?). The doc told me two weeks no lifting so I plan on laying low, reading some good books, enjoying my winter break from school, etc.

From my reading online some people claim they took a month to recover. Have any of you guys had this surgery done and what was your experience with it? Any tips on preventing muscle loss during my recovery period? Thanks guys. Happy Holidays

-Animal

Thank you for updating us on your scrotum on this holiday Eve. Merry Christmas everyone, hope you’re hungry after reading this.

Lol, Max.

Well, I didn’t have that done, but I had major hernia surgery done in my upper abs in early October.

I did a lot of walking.

Was very strict on my diet.

What’s going to keep you from lifting? Matt Kroc lifted a day after getting surgery on his testicles. Louie Simmons lifted the day after he had throat surgery and had a hole in his throat.

CS

An incision in my abdomen will be made. Lifting= possible hernia bulging through until my abdominal muscles heal. As for Matt Kroc and Louie Simmons, that’s pretty impressive but stupid and naive at the same time.

I had this done 4 years ago. I was told 6-8 weeks. I went back to the gym after 8, but probably could have done 6 or 7. I was also in my mid thirties so you will probably heal a little faster.

Had the same, took 4 weeks off lower body work just did upper body work

Vitamin E seems to promote faster healing.