Varicocele and TRT

Is it possible my thyroid and top end of my hpta are adjusting or being messed up by what’s happening with my testicles? With the varicocele? I mean won’t the top end only try so hard before it down regulates? If my testicles aren’t responding won’t my lh and fsh fallout?

Above earlier in the month you thought it was my testicles being the problem?

What should my lh and fsh be closer to? After my surgery is it possible everything will balance out ? Is it possible a reset after could balance everything out and please explain my thyroid numbers if you get a chance

It’s shown that after varicolectomy there is an improvement in leydig cell and sertoli cell function the damage is said to be from overheating of the testicles which I believe is true since my sac is always hot…i just gotta get this surgery and pray to God it helps my testicular function and get everything back in sync

My t3 and t4 are right in the middle range like your thyroid sticky says it should be my tab is the only thing put of whack not close to one I have had night sweats and been running super hot lately…like i said varicoceles cause excessive temp inside the scrotum that’s how it damages the testes think that’s why I’m overheating and my tsh is high?

@wade91,
I have an appointment the 22nd for consultation about combo vasectomy and varicelectomy. Our profile seem very similar on a hormonal level. I just got my most recent blood work back today and my total test is 311 free test is 75 estrogen 8…

Keep in contact lemme know what happens

What made you get looked at how old are you? Did you have low t symptoms?

Im 36 years old. Married for 8 years and we just had our 4th child. Wife and I decided its time to get snipped. I was suddenly struck with symptoms of depression as well as ED issues. It was going on for months and I just kept it to myself assuming it would go away on its own but it just kept getting worse and eventually my wife took notice. She was convinced I wasnt attracted to her and didnt love her anymore so I finally told her what was going on and promised to see a doctor. We ran blood work and found low T and my main issue of having 0 estrogen in my body. They are trying to put me on TRT but Im exhausting all other options first. I was diagnosed with varicocele when I was 18 so I figured why not kill two birds with one stone while getting the vasectomy…

Rather be ypur age with kids dealing with it I’m 26 and facing freezing sperm and an extra 8 years of possible trt if things don’t get fixed with me I hear allot of guys like it but I’d rather be normal for as long as possible hopefully these varicocele fixes help…either way anything to feel normal or good right?

Amen cuz. I understand how thats frustrating and im fighting off the docs with their trt.

Im more disappointed on going on so young if it happens but I’m also not gonna live feeling like shit forever my ma8n concern is the long term commitment I see allot of guys who don’t have good experiences then again it is the internet for every bad case I’m sure there is 20 good ones and I’m worried about what happens to my other hormones in the process. At your age though I’d just get the varicocele surgerys see if it helps if not go on trt…youd be infertile anyway on treatment and cpuld save some surgery.

But I see allot of success like a few people put it if your feeling good and have success…ypur not likely on the web talking about it us ypung guys are on here because no one will help which is a shame because some young guys may actually need it in my case I’m gonna do all I can before I commit…but if I have to…hey maybe it will be a blessing never know things happen for a reason and getting a little buffer isn’t a bad thing but mainly this damn depression needs to go

I think you nailed it. I know guys on trt and they love it. I know other guys that hated it. Based on my experience talking with these guys it seems like the guys who dont live right on trt are the ones that fail. Shitty diets and no training ect ect. I worked with a guy that was always miserable and always going to the doctor wanting higher doses of test and wanting more frequent injections. I contacted him recently and he said he finally cleaned up his diet and now he is happy as he could ever be. As for me, im exhausting all options. I was in a deep dark depression as well and I know how you feel. It sucks. I spent every day pretending to be ok for my wife and my kids. Forcing myself to engage with them. Forcing myself to have fun or atleast make it look like I was having fun. Its depressing in and of itself. I know they deserve better. Im doing much better now and plan to have this surgery done. If it helps even just a little bit its worth it.

1 Like

Yeah just curious were any of these guys in their 20s? Im just afraid for a 40 plus year commitment to test like I said if I was 30 or 35 it wouldn’t be that hard of a choice because I’d be mid life ish most guys I know who are 30 plus are already in a decline no offense so in that sense of be open but 26 dude fuck…how long have you had varicoceles for?

The guys I know are not thay young. Mid thirties and early to mid forties. Im not trying to say they are similar to you in that regard. Im just trying to illustrate that it works for some and not for others. I hope you can avoid trt and live healthy without any external help. I was diagnosed with Varicocele when I was 18 so its been 18 years. They offered to do the surgery at that time but I said no due to the fact I wasnt even remotely interested in kids at that time.

Shit me to lmao where you from man? And i may try clomid… and if I do end up on trt hopefully I’m a good responder athletes manage a lifetime of it

Im in Texas. The Houston area. When I was diagnosed at 18 they told me I could never have kids unless I did their surgery. I told them straight up “see ya when Im 30 doc” and I walked out. Now Im sitting here with 4 kids like “what happened doc?” Maybe I should sue somebody?:joy::joy::joy:

Yeah they say varicoceles don’t affect test levels either but here it is

“A varicocele is an abnormal dilation of varicose veins that drain the testicle, and it can be associated with a progressive decline in testicular sperm and testosterone production”

https://www.med.unc.edu/urology/patientinfo/adult-non-cancer/male-fertility/varicocele