Vaping & Cardio

So I know the smoking & cardio dont mix… For bud or tobacco but how about vaping? Alot of guys I know vape and claim no issues with WO’s suffering… Any of yall have issues wit it?

Why would you?

My understanding is that smoking causes issues with the lungs because of deposits which make it hard to breathe… but since vaping is pretty much just pure nicotine and glycerine, I don’t see why it would cause any issues.

Nicotine use has been associated with improved performance.

But my understanding could be wrong.

[quote]thehebrewhero wrote:
So I know the smoking & cardio dont mix… For bud or tobacco but how about vaping? Alot of guys I know vape and claim no issues with WO’s suffering… Any of yall have issues wit it?[/quote]

Effect of transdermal nicotine administration on exercise endurance in men

http://ep.physoc.org/content/91/4/705.full

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

So I know the smoking & cardio dont mix… For bud or tobacco but how about vaping? Alot of guys I know vape and claim no issues with WO’s suffering… Any of yall have issues wit it?[/quote]

http://ep.physoc.org/content/91/4/705.full[/quote]

In summary, the results presented here clearly demonstrate that nicotine improved exercise endurance by 17 ± 7%, and in the absence of any effect on the usual peripheral markers, such as ventilation, heart rate and blood metabolites, we conclude that nicotine prolongs endurance by a central mechanism that may involve nicotinic receptor activation and/or altered activity of dopaminergic pathways.

I see a lot of people using the E-cigarette. Are there any risks associated with it other than nicotine addiction?

[quote]Will207 wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

In summary, the results presented here clearly demonstrate that nicotine improved exercise endurance by 17 �± 7%, and in the absence of any effect on the usual peripheral markers, such as ventilation, heart rate and blood metabolites, we conclude that nicotine prolongs endurance by a central mechanism that may involve nicotinic receptor activation and/or altered activity of dopaminergic pathways.

I see a lot of people using the E-cigarette. Are there any risks associated with it other than nicotine addiction?[/quote]

Yes, looking like an idiot.

[quote]Will207 wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

In summary, the results presented here clearly demonstrate that nicotine improved exercise endurance by 17 �± 7%, and in the absence of any effect on the usual peripheral markers, such as ventilation, heart rate and blood metabolites, we conclude that nicotine prolongs endurance by a central mechanism that may involve nicotinic receptor activation and/or altered activity of dopaminergic pathways.

I see a lot of people using the E-cigarette. Are there any risks associated with it other than nicotine addiction?[/quote]

Blood pressure

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Will207 wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

In summary, the results presented here clearly demonstrate that nicotine improved exercise endurance by 17 �??�?�± 7%, and in the absence of any effect on the usual peripheral markers, such as ventilation, heart rate and blood metabolites, we conclude that nicotine prolongs endurance by a central mechanism that may involve nicotinic receptor activation and/or altered activity of dopaminergic pathways.

Blood pressure[/quote]

Has that actually been proven? I thought the jury was out still on whether or not it had any harmful effects

aside from the fact nicotine is poison, obviously…

[quote]Yogi wrote:

Has that actually been proven? I thought the jury was out still on whether or not it had any harmful effects

[/quote]

To my knowledge, all stimulants increase blood pressure during use. There is no controversy in this regard. In fact, the linked study discusses it.

“Harmful,” in contrast, requires context.

FWIW, cardio increases blood pressure during use.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[/quote]

To my knowledge, all stimulants increase blood pressure during use. There is no controversy in this regard. In fact, the linked study discusses it.

“Harmful,” in contrast, requires context.
[/quote]

ya, that was my understanding too. I was referring specifically to the act of “vaping”. Sorry, should’ve been more clear.

with bud , no issue , I am a probably light user . Actually working out is one of my favorite things to do after a lil bud :slight_smile:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
with bud , no issue , I am a probably light user . Actually working out is one of my favorite things to do after a lil bud :slight_smile:
[/quote]

x2 ! its awesome

[quote]Claudan wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
[/quote]

x2 ! its awesome [/quote]
I’ve never really gotten that. I do however love it right after, so relaxing. The only hard part is forcing myself not to add ice cream to the pwo shake!

[quote]Rattler wrote:

[quote]Claudan wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
[/quote]

I’ve never really gotten that. I do however love it right after, so relaxing. The only hard part is forcing myself not to add ice cream to the pwo shake! [/quote]

X3 I like it best after heavy lifting or daily when trying to bulk up. As far as munchies go try a protien shake or a reverse breakfast… All in all just eat healthy shit and munchies wont matter… I think Arnold in “Pumping Iron” recomends it after WO for extra rest… Pre workout it makes me spend to much time staring at hot ass in gym… Takes away from focus…

[quote]Rattler wrote:

[quote]Claudan wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
[/quote]

I’ve never really gotten that. I do however love it right after, so relaxing. The only hard part is forcing myself not to add ice cream to the pwo shake! [/quote]

X3 I like it best after heavy lifting or daily when trying to bulk up. As far as munchies go try a protien shake or a reverse breakfast… All in all just eat healthy shit and munchies wont matter… I think Arnold in “Pumping Iron” recomends it after WO for extra rest… Pre workout it makes me spend to much time staring at hot ass in gym… Takes away from focus…[/quote]
Yeah we’re more on the same wavelength there. Avoiding bad munchies is pretty easy, for me I just have a big tupperware of cut up veggies and I’ll lightly dip em’ in hummus and sometimes spinach dip. Could be a lot worse.

There are other chemicals besides nicotine in vapor cigs, not sure about e-cigs though. I would not use them because formaldehyde is very neuro toxic and some study i saw before showed it was in vapor cigs.