T Nation

Vanilla Surge. Appealing To You?

Anyone plan on trying this? I don’t think it sounds good personally, but i have almost always loved the orginal so maybe its just me.

[quote]PharmD Pete wrote:
Anyone plan on trying this? I don’t think it sounds good personally, but i have almost always loved the orginal so maybe its just me.[/quote]

Same here - original Surge tastes perfect.

No really the original is SO good. I could never switch.

[quote]PharmD Pete wrote:
Anyone plan on trying this? I don’t think it sounds good personally, but i have almost always loved the orginal so maybe its just me.[/quote]

Yeah, when I saw the announcement on Friday, I thought, “Yuck.”

One of the best PWO shakes I’d make was using slimfast powder and whey protein, so I’m not sure why I had “yuck” as a gut reaction.

I bought a tub to try out the new taste. I’ll report back with my thoughts.

I’m currently a fan of the original flavor but, like some others, I found Wild Ras to be too sweet. Maybe Vanilla will strike a nice balance between the two?

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:
I bought a tub to try out the new taste. I’ll report back with my thoughts.[/quote]

Me too. I have my doubts that it will be better than the original but I’d be a damned fool not to at least buy one and try it since I use so much of the damn stuff.

I should have it this weekend. I’ll let you guys know what I think. I like the orignal a lot too, but I think the wild raspberry is even better, so I’m giving vanilla a shot too.

I’ll try it I tried the raspberry and found it too sweet but I’m rather plain so vanilla might be good for me

I ordered a bottle and will try it soon. Figured I’d try it BEFORE posting opinions about it on the internet. Crazy concept I know.

The original was awesome. Reminded me of angelfood cake. Different than any other flavor out there.

If Vanilla is along the lines of Raspberry, I think I’ll take a pass. The original, while I thought it tasted weired at first, has now grown on me to the point that I really like the taste. That never happened with the Raspberry…it was way to sweet for my palette.

My Vanilla Surge tub has arrived…a week before I ship out to Quantico!

I’m going to train tonight and then i’ll report back on the very subjective issue of taste. lol

I have a tub of Vanilla here right now…as predicted it smells a whole lotta like vanilla ice cream

I imagine it will be good because vanilla is easy as hell to replicate as a flavor, and they get to use sugar in the product. Wild Ras was too fake tasting. I never thought it was too sweet, it just tasted like fake raspberry.

I will definitely try Vanilla, but I doubt it will ever take the place of original in my heart, and my stomach.

[quote]Dave2 wrote:
I ordered a bottle and will try it soon. Figured I’d try it BEFORE posting opinions about it on the internet. Crazy concept I know. [/quote]

So saying, “I don’t think it sounds good personally” is posting an opinion about how something actually tastes? LOL.

Nice try at sarcasm. All you showed was that you lack basic reading comprehension. Here’s quick lesson: “It doesn’t sound good to me” is different from saying, “It’s not good.”

[quote]themonthofjun wrote:
I have a tub of Vanilla here right now…as predicted it smells a whole lotta like vanilla ice cream[/quote]

Well, if that’s how it tastes, I’ll be ordering several cans. I made some really great PWO shakes using whey and various flavors of SlimFast. With the right amount of ice, you can make something special.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
themonthofjun wrote:
I have a tub of Vanilla here right now…as predicted it smells a whole lotta like vanilla ice cream

Well, if that’s how it tastes, I’ll be ordering several cans. I made some really great PWO shakes using whey and various flavors of SlimFast. With the right amount of ice, you can make something special.[/quote]

I’ll give the verdict on taste after I lift tonite…

I thought the original WAS Vanilla.

[quote]MartinL wrote:
I thought the original WAS Vanilla.[/quote]

It’s not. If it were, we’d have called it vanilla on the label.

You guys are all retarded.

The original DOES NOT taste like angel food cake, it tastes like Surge, which tastes kind of funny.

The wild raspberry kicks ass, or at least kicks the ass of the original.

Vanilla sounds like it would be good, but I’m scared it might taste like the Vanilla Metabolic Drive powder, which I can’t stand, even though I love all the other flavors.

I’m right, you’re all wrong.