Vanilla Metabolic Drive Advice

Hi,

Bought myself a tub of Low-Carb Metabolic Drive, the vanilla flavor.

I just finished my first shake and I am trying to recover from the taste shock. This stuff is very very sweet, and therefore very difficult to get down (for me atleast).

Basically I need advice on how to un-sweeten this product, I tried to add a healthy dose of cinnamon, didn’t really help that much. I am a bit lost on what to add, I have Superfood so going to try that as well, but I doubt it will make the shake taste less sweet.

I am on something that could be called the V-Diet (normally using a different brand of Casein), so that limits a bit what I can add.

Thanks in advance,

C

just deal

You’ll get used to it and like it eventually if your experience is like mine.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
You’ll get used to it and like it eventually if your experience is like mine.[/quote]

Ok, that could be. Right now I don’t have that much of an urge to try again…
So two additional questions:

Does the amount of water you put in play a role with regards to the taste (maybe I put too little, used a small shaker)?

I could live with writing this tub off as a bad investment and try another flavour, how are the other flavours of Low-Carb Metabolic Drive, do they taste as sweet? I don’t have anything directly against vanilla, it is the sickening sweetness that floors me.

Thanks again in advance,

C

Easy. Mix in a few ounces of cold coffee (instant is fine). Unsweetened, of course.

Did it take away too much of the vanilla flavor? A drop, maybe two, of vanilla extract.

It’s not rocket science. It’s quantum!

I’m a big fan of chocolate Metabolic Drive (and Surge). I guess I’m just a big fan of chocolate. I haven’t had vanilla Metabolic Drive in a while so I can’t exactly say how sweet it is in relative to the others.

Banana requires a lot of water because it’s really thick and orange is just…funky although I did like it.

Strawberry and chocolate are my all time favorites.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Easy. Mix in a few ounces of cold coffee (instant is fine). Unsweetened, of course.

Did it take away too much of the vanilla flavor? A drop, maybe two, of vanilla extract.

It’s not rocket science. It’s quantum![/quote]

Thanks Ponce, that sounds it could actually help.

Let’s see if I develop an aversion to coffee in this experiment (doubt it) :wink:

I do cook a lot but Vanilla just boggles my mind as a flavour (only used it in ice cream and as vanilla sauce on apple pie) and therefore I am having a bit of troble to see what it could match with.

Berry flavors (from fresh fruit, like blueberries) are always a good match with vanilla.

Banana is too much if you ask me, since it is such a dominant flavor it cannot be a natural ‘complement.’ (note my proper spelling, fellas)

I would try either nutmeg (a dash) or PURE cacao powder, unprocessed, which is a bit bitter.

Also, a great compliment to a lingering pungency like vanilla is something that tastes “heavy” (read: like nuts, something with fat)…so try a small handfull of pecans blended in. Roasted, if you’re feeling bourgeoise.

Classy avatar pzehtoeur…

Berry flavors (from fresh fruit, like blueberries) are always a good match with vanilla.

Banana is too much if you ask me, since it is such a dominant flavor it cannot be a natural ‘complement.’ (note my proper spelling, fellas)

I would try either nutmeg (a dash) or PURE cacao powder, unprocessed, which is a bit bitter.

Also, a great compliment to a lingering pungency like vanilla is something that tastes “heavy” (read: like nuts, something with fat)…so try a small handfull of pecans blended in. Roasted, if you’re feeling bourgeoise.[/quote]

Had to try the cacao powder immediately. 1 tsp didn’t atleast do the trick, I guess I have to try the coffee tomorrow morning.

Thanks for all these tips,

C

maybe I just have a sweet tooth, but I love vanilla Metabolic Drive. I’ll mix it with chai coffee mix, cinnamon, sometimes lemon fish oil to make a cheesecake flavor. Not sure if any of those will make it less sweet, but theyre worth tryin i guess…

About to try vanilla Surge for the first time in about 2 hours PWO too!

It’s not rocket science. It’s quantum![/quote]

I have this every morning for breakfast actually. Shit’s great.