Vanessa McCoy Back Squats (245 for 10)

That’s what, 110kg? Pretty solid for a chick. I know a couple chicks who can clean and jerk this though.

Also, when I first read the thread title, I’m thinking “245kg for 10??? jesus fuck christ that’s insane!”

Goddamn pounds people.

Thats massively impressive… and annoying

[quote]Dave284 wrote:

Over the next few years she is going to make my goal of lifting more than every woman in the world very difficult.

Kashirina doing 145/170 at a BW of 96.9 at the 2010 worlds (sorry about all the filler)

to bad Kashirina was caught for doping at 15! check the IWF site, its true.

not to say bad thing about the 1st girl, can anybody tell me is her squat is called a ‘high bar squat’ ?

and, is it safe to the knees the way she ‘close’ and ‘open’ her legs midway of the lift?

[quote]tork94 wrote:
to bad Kashirina was caught for doping at 15! check the IWF site, its true.[/quote]

I don’t know about you, but if somebody’s setting world records I kind of assume they’re on the sauce, and have been for a while. And I’m basing my goal of lifting more than every woman in the world on the official superheavyweight womens world records, so whether she’s juiced to the nines or not, if she’s not getting caught now she’s setting records and making my goal more difficult haha.

[quote]sawahladang wrote:
not to say bad thing about the 1st girl, can anybody tell me is her squat is called a ‘high bar squat’ ?
[/quote]

Yes, I would call that a high bar squat, and a damn good one at that.

and, is it safe to the knees the way she ‘close’ and ‘open’ her legs midway of the lift?[/quote]

I don’t think it’s overly unsafe, but I wouldn’t encourage it if I were to coach someone to squat. Maybe someone else with a little more specific knowledge can chime in on this.

I give daps to any female that actually lifts heavy shit…and not the ones that go to the gym to dumbbell press 5lbs. in each hand and say they’re scared of getting too big.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:
That’s what, 110kg? Pretty solid for a chick. I know a couple chicks who can clean and jerk this though.

Also, when I first read the thread title, I’m thinking “245kg for 10??? jesus fuck christ that’s insane!”

Goddamn pounds people.[/quote]

I read that as 245kg for 10 as well and was like WTMF?! I would probably have to kill myself if a girl back squated 245kg for 10 f0cking reps…that seems impossibly strong for a girl. I’m not entirely convinced that I’ll do 245kg for 10reps someday…my 1RM must be about 320kg by then if not more?!

[quote]Dave284 wrote:

Thats just unreal. Perfect technique if not a tad slow off the floor, but the Jerk is flawless!

She weighs 96kg odd?! wtf?!

and, is it safe to the knees the way she ‘close’ and ‘open’ her legs midway of the lift?[/quote]

It’s fine. They aren’t going in too badly. It’s due to the weight being heavy/ she doesn’t focus on it as much as she could maybe. I gurantee on light weights this won’t happen to her. Her knees will stay out and not come in at all on the lighter weights but on heavier stuff they’ll come in. This happens to me to about the same degree or thereabouts when it’s heavy. On light weights it doesn’t happen.

Focus on keeping your knees out.

Koing

TheJonty, Koing, Ajax : Thank’s for explaining.

It’s fine. They aren’t going in too badly. It’s due to the weight being heavy/ she doesn’t focus on it as much as she could maybe. I gurantee on light weights this won’t happen to her. Her knees will stay out and not come in at all on the lighter weights but on heavier stuff they’ll come in. This happens to me to about the same degree or thereabouts when it’s heavy. On light weights it doesn’t happen.

Focus on keeping your knees out.

Koing[/quote]

It is more common to see the knees caving in among women doing olympic, i.e. deep, high-bar, squats. It is related to the different hip structures of women. But it can and does happen with men also. My understanding, too, is that although it is not optimal, it is not injurious if it is only to a moderate degree.

damn they have crazy quads. no wonder i can’t squat much lol.

[quote]alexus wrote:
damn they have crazy quads. no wonder i can’t squat much lol.[/quote]

Your quads will get thick when you squat big weights. Mine were okay before lifting but they are pretty sweet now.

Koing

You mean lifting heavy weights will make my legs bulky???

I think a lot of women aspire to the hollywood ideal of slender upper arms and legs with no visible muscular definition.

As I started lifting I gained greater appreciation for what bodies can do, and started to admire a more capable aesthetic.

Crossfit chicks doing Olympic Lifts helped immensely with that. Then discovering it was a weight class sport and watching the whole variety of shapes and sizes on YouTube. The superheavyweights don’t look as scary to me as they used to (except insofar as they are freaking strong).

I work hard at the gym, dammit. May as well look like I do.

And I’d surely be happy if my squat would go up.

Hmm yeah I found that girls are just like boys, the body response (hypertrophy) to resistance training depends on genetics as one of many factor.

BTW there’s this one female powerlifter in my gym who have a nice body (not fat like the others) and I like to see her thighs (contract) everytime she squats/deads. I never thought that I’d like muscular girls/women but those thighs are just awesome. Sorry for digressing.

alexus, are you a girl or a guy?

It is harder for a woman to be as bulky as a guy due to lower T levels.

Yes squating heavy will get you some bigger legs. Just eat and mix up the squat a bit, do a few cycles of 6x6 or so for a base. I rarely squat volume anymore. I just go heavy but I use to do volume for months on ends for years.

Koing

Girl.

Guys with a similar body type to me who train similarly to me are bigger than me, so I’m basically at peace.

I hate repetitions. I kinda like doing lots of singles of close to max with plenty of rest in between.

Moved from 5x5 squats (trying to grease the motor pattern) to 5x6 (trying to grow legs). But now you say 6x6??? Wah!!! Before you know it I’ll be doing German Volume Training (joke).

Still… Mental toughness, I suppose.

Right now I think I just need to suck it up and grease the movement a bit better with just the bar methinks…

Sigh.

One day I’ll have quads. And a proper squat. Damn it.

http://www.crossfitsouthmetro.com/uploads/southmetro/image/squat.jpg

This thread reminds me about that pic. I wonder how did she get that kind of physique, if that pic is real.