Van Halen Reunites

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Blood is Metal wrote:
Guess I am one of the rare few that actually like both Roth AND Hagar. I grew up listening to both versions and I have always thought they both did the job.

Hagar - Good

Roth - Great

Cherone - Bad
[/quote]

Hagar - Really good

Roth - Good

Cherone - I refuse to acknowledge he was there

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

Cherone - I refuse to acknowledge he was there[/quote]

I agree with this. Hence not even mentioning him in my post re: Hagar and Roth.

Not that he’s a bad singer, but he’s not VH. At all.

[quote]Blood is Metal wrote:
Guess I am one of the rare few that actually like both Roth AND Hagar. I grew up listening to both versions and I have always thought they both did the job.[/quote]

i like “poundcake” and i sort of like “finish what you started”.

here’s a great vid of my fav tune off diver down. the sound of alex’s kit, mikes’ thump and harmony, eddie’s playing a double neck, and check out that crazy indian sounding lick roth sings @ the very end…kinda like the outro for audioslave’s “show me how to live”.

check alex’s hair!

[quote]swivel wrote:
unchained cherone: the band actually has a sound, but cherone is like some ridiculous scott weiland wannabe.

The Beast wrote:
Now I take issue with that, I like Cherone, he is a great front man. However, I will qualify that by saying that I am an Extreme fan.[/quote]

Speaking of douchebags, what’s Nuno Bettencourt doing these days?

[quote]Blood is Metal wrote:
Guess I am one of the rare few that actually like both Roth AND Hagar. I grew up listening to both versions and I have always thought they both did the job.[/quote]

Agreed. The first Van Hagar tour was the first time I saw VH where someone wasn’t royally f’d up.

I credit Sammy, the seasoned professional rocker, for helping the guys keep their urges in check — or at least under controil until AFTER the concert.

I wonder what ticket prices will go for for this thing . . . .

[quote]Damici wrote:
I wonder what ticket prices will go for for this thing . . . .
[/quote]

i wonder if it’s really going to happen. still no word form anywhere. hopefully something cool is happening like roth is going to bat for mike anthony and they’ll split the cash 4 ways.

still no word. in the time since we heard the van halen re-union announcenment the police have re-united, released rehersal vids, opened the grammy’s, released a tour schedule and started selling tickets.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/02/16/exclusive-feast-your-eyes-on-van-halen-20/

if it’s gone this long without selling tickets i think it’s just more bullshit talk from eddie who thinks he’s the leader of the band. i won’t believe it until i’m there screaming "hey hey hey " on “ain’t talking 'bout love”…i will not get sucked in, i will not get sucked in, i will not get sucked in…

Hey, I don’t blame you one bit. I, too, will only believe it when i see it. Why they’ve gone this long without saying a word is truly odd to me.

[quote]swivel wrote:
if it’s gone this long without selling tickets i think it’s just more bullshit talk from eddie who thinks he’s the leader of the band. i won’t believe it until i’m there screaming "hey hey hey " on “ain’t talking 'bout love”…i will not get sucked in, i will not get sucked in, i will not get sucked in…

[/quote]

I’m just SO sick and tired of self important assholes who think they’re more important than anyone else. Eddie and Alex fall into this catagory. They need to fall off the face of this earth and let real musicians who care about good music do their thing. Their egos are so huge is makes me sick and for that reason alone, I will not listen to any of their music or their whiney bullshit.

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
I’m just SO sick and tired of self important assholes who think they’re more important than anyone else. Eddie and Alex fall into this catagory. They need to fall off the face of this earth and let real musicians who care about good music do their thing. Their egos are so huge is makes me sick and for that reason alone, I will not listen to any of their music or their whiney bullshit. [/quote]

this is a funny post…i mean i totally agree with you. the funny part is roth is probably the biggest self-important asshole there is but the somehow people accept him for it, but not the van halens…

…i think it’s because roth’s primary focus is he uses the music to throw a good party and everyone’s invited. but the van halens are like snobs or something. roth wants to take the party to the people, the van halens think the people should come to them. roth says “i’ll throw a party with this music” the van halens are like " we OWN this music and will only let you have some if you worship us like we’re led zeppelin" .

It appears that the only completely sane one in the band, ever, was Michael Anthony. And they just gave him the boot. :frowning:

[quote]Damici wrote:
It appears that the only completely sane one in the band, ever, was Michael Anthony. And they just gave him the boot. :-([/quote]

i read that they paid him less on the 2004 tour, which is pretty insulting since he is a founding member of the group. and then they had the same shit about him selling his hot sauce @ the shows as they did with sammy and his tequila. and then for no fucking reason at all they give mike shit for playing on the sam and dave tour…wtf ? what was he supposed to do when you’re drunk ass is sitting around jerking off, not writing any new music, not touring and paying him less money ? jeez-s a guy’s gotta pay the bills.

eddie has some real inferiority issues. it’s like he couldn’t get over dave giving him shit for playing w/michael jackson so now, like 30 years later, he’s taking it out on michael anthony.

How the hell do you replace this guy with a 15-year-old?!

As expected, tour kiboshed:

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=7687

That didn’t take long, now did it? Maybe in another decade, if any of them are still alive. Way to go, guys!

Unfuckingbelievable. I give up.

Bring on Velvet Revolver’s new album and tour!!!

[quote]Damici wrote:
As expected, tour kiboshed:

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=7687

That didn’t take long, now did it? Maybe in another decade, if any of them are still alive. Way to go, guys!

Unfuckingbelievable. I give up.

Bring on Velvet Revolver’s new album and tour!!!
[/quote]

good god…i’m speechless. yeah bring on VR !