T Nation

Van Damme and Lundgren Again?

Jean Claude Van Simpson…?

Cmon, THIS is the best fight scene of all time…

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lPNhqOT2G_k

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
undeadlift wrote:
Chuck Norris beats both.

But he’s a 67 year old man who weighs about 160. [/quote]

Age has nothing to do with it! Look at Couture and Don Frye.

correct me if i’m wrong, didnt lundgren and
van dame fight professionally in the early
80’s ? just not each other?

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
Not mention that Lundgren outweighs him by 60 pounds or so. Oh wait…that’s right…I forgot, martial artists like Van Damme know Karate and Kung Fu and that’s magic, they can’t be beaten by any amount of men.

Ha ha…[/quote]

What’s interesting about Lundgren is that he’s supposed to be an extremely smart guy. When he was younger he received a Fulbright scholarship to study chemical engineering or something at MIT.

[quote]bartonmlee wrote:
80’s ? just not each other?[/quote]

The only thing Van Damme has ever fought were a cold and his failing career. Lundgren, on the other hand, is a skilled martial artist and will defnitely fuck someone up. Youtube him, there’s an awesome video of him breaking through 5 blocks of ice…

Breaking Ice Blocks is NOT a great measure of Martial Art Skill. It is not as hard as most believe. Now dont get me wrong, it does take a little more knowledge than the average Joe is walking around with, but it is simply force and space.

If you were to place a block between multiple layers of 1 inch slabs of ice and hit it dead center you will break it too.

I used to break multiple boards with this same technique. If you really want a demonstration of Martial Art skill, watch them break 2x6’s or 2x12 pieces of wood.

[quote]OneDay wrote:
bartonmlee wrote:
80’s ? just not each other?

The only thing Van Damme has ever fought were a cold and his failing career. Lundgren, on the other hand, is a skilled martial artist and will defnitely fuck someone up. Youtube him, there’s an awesome video of him breaking through 5 blocks of ice…[/quote]

Lundgren was also an olympic athelete, competed in the pentathelon, and served in an elite unit in the Swedish military.

Van Damme was originally cast in the role of the Predator, but didn’t like wearing that big heavy costume in the hot sweaty jungle, so he quit.

[quote]Hoffa wrote:
Mick28 wrote:
Not mention that Lundgren outweighs him by 60 pounds or so. Oh wait…that’s right…I forgot, martial artists like Van Damme know Karate and Kung Fu and that’s magic, they can’t be beaten by any amount of men.

Ha ha…

What’s interesting about Lundgren is that he’s supposed to be an extremely smart guy. When he was younger he received a Fulbright scholarship to study chemical engineering or something at MIT.[/quote]

He has a BS and may have his MS in Chem E from MIT. Chem Es are brilliant.

current physique?

[quote]Grimnuruk wrote:
current physique?[/quote]

Holy Crap!

He-Man Versus Skelator if that picture is anything to go by.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Grimnuruk wrote:
current physique?

Holy Crap!
[/quote]

At least he stayed lean, lol.

[quote]Steve4192 wrote:
Chewie wrote:
Didn’t VD’s stunt double whip his ass in a club?

It was his bodyguard, and it was more of a suckerpunch than an all-out brawl. JCVD was getting his drink on and got a little lippy with Chuck Zito. Chuck took offense and clocked JCVD even though he was being paid to work security for him that night.

Needless to say, Chuck did not get paid that night.[/quote]

According to Chuck’s biography this happened months or years after he worked for Van Damme.

VD had always been a little abrasive around Chuck and was obviously uncomfortable being around a real tough guy when he was buying into his own movie tough guy hype. Chuck refers to himself as a “friend of the club” (Scores) and was there eating supper. While ogling the dancers and drinking Van Damme said to his cronies( and Mickey Rourke a good friend of Zito), among other things, that “Chuck Zito has no heart.”

Chuck being friends with all the club bouncers and staff, the word was passed on and when Chuck confronted him about his mouth, VD stood up and took off his glasses in preparation to fight, Chuck then beat the ever lovin’ crap out of him. No retakes, no stunt doubles, just a real fighter kicking the shit out of a movie fighter. The bouncers, Rourke and VD’s friends just watched this entertaining little interlude and then Chuck left.

As to being a “suckerpunch,” Chuck did strike first, but they were squared off and it was VD’s complete lack of understanding of how a real world fight works that contributed to his having his ass handed to him in a little jewelry box with a ribbon on it. Apparently VD was still waiting for the director to yell “action!”

Lundgren and Oleg Taktorav doing a boxing exhibition