Valentino Article: Thought I'd Share

i bought the newest edition of muscular development in aus and was reading greg valentinos article and came across this, made me luagh, so i thought i might share

a bodybuilders fairytale

once apon a time a bodybuilder asked his girl " will you marry me?"
and the girl said “no” and he lived hapily ever after… yes tht the end
you must understand this poor young single bodybuilder who got turned down by his girlfriend now went to the gym when ever he wanted he trained everyday for as long as he wanted with no phone calls interupting his work out yes the poor single bodybuildr took steroids lots of steroids with all the extra money he saved up from being single he was able to afford eating big juicy steaks after every workout aside from buying his favourite car with no one else throwing there unwanted opinion in the decision

he even buaght a brand new harley davidson to drive to the gym on hot sunny days yes he spent many nights in strip clubs with his mateswho had to keep the cell phones switched off but not our poor single bodybuilder who had no real reason to turn off his phone ooops and lets not forget he that he flew out to vegas to see the olympia and to ohio to see the arnold every year with out askign somones permision and even hooked up with hot figure babes at the expos yes the poor single bodybuilder flew back hoem with a permanant smile on his face with no cell phone calls to ruin his weekends away hell he even enterd and won a few bodybuilding shows, yes indeed this poor single bodybuilder was the envy of all his friends, why? becuase the bitchh said “no” and he remaind a single free man thats what i call a happy ending.

from greg valentino from md magazine

As much as I will sometimes find his antecdotes amusing, I have a difficult time finding any worthwhile credentials to warrant his having a column in a magazine.

S

I stick to TC for all my *monomaniacal woman-hating diatribes, thank you very much.

(*Kidding. Please don’t ban me).

i like reading his articles
althought though have no educational meaning
they are his views on life wich are quiete interesting

I like him, he comes off as a good guy that just did a bunch of retarded shit in the past.

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
I like him, he comes off as a good guy that just did a bunch of retarded shit in the past.[/quote]

x2

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
I like him, he comes off as a good guy that just did a bunch of retarded shit in the past.[/quote]

and then again, whos to say where not the same?

lol yeah true, apart from tht haha

I have no problem seeing him as an older guy who’s learned from his mistakes, but by giving him any sort of outlet in a bodybuilding mag, well, it’s sort of insulting to those with actual knowledge to offer.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I have no problem seeing him as an older guy who’s learned from his mistakes, but by giving him any sort of outlet in a bodybuilding mag, well, it’s sort of insulting to those with actual knowledge to offer.

S
[/quote]

I disagree, I think he’s bright bbing wise

md is a 500+ page magazine, i think its awsome that hey have him in there, becuase for 3 -4 pages of reading, your given the insight of someone elses life who regardles of how he approached it he still shares the same interests as us he just persued them a different way, plus i think he has the balls to admit all the fucked up shit he did
i no my self personaly i wldn share half my life and talk about half the stuff ive done wrong. so kudos to him seriously?

[quote]ruthless_greek wrote:
md is a 500+ page magazine, i think its awsome that hey have him in there, becuase for 3 -4 pages of reading, your given the insight of someone elses life who regardles of how he approached it he still shares the same interests as us he just persued them a different way, plus i think he has the balls to admit all the fucked up shit he did
i no my self personaly i wldn share half my life and talk about half the stuff ive done wrong. so kudos to him seriously?[/quote]

Geez mate,u bought a MD mag???.Last time i checked that mag cost close to $20 bucks.Have u noticed how everything bodybuilder related in australia cost a blood fortune?

$70 for a tub of protein powder that lasts 1 week.

Numerous $20+ bodybuilding magazine’s

Bodybuilding video’s…yes i said video’s $80 plus in bodybuilding stores,i hate to see how much the dvd’s cost.

Protein drinks. $4 for 1 protein pre mix drink at the supermarket.

No wonder we are the fattest country in the world.For example last nite i went to woolworths and got my junk food fix…

1 mars bar
1 snickers
1 2 litre pepsi max
1 packet of white bread rolls

All that cost $5

So once again unless somthing happens with our government we will stay the fattest country in the world.

What’re you smoking? Your profile says you’re from Australia.

[quote]King of Kings wrote:

No wonder we are the fattest country in the world.For example last nite i went to woolworths and got my junk food fix…
[/quote]

MD costs like, 7 bucks.

i dont use supplements so its ok i can afford an md mag haha

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

S
[/quote]

Most of whats in that magazine is ALREADY recycled knowledge (same with all muscle mags really), so I’d rather get some unique insight, rather than some pro giving “new” advice.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
ruthless_greek wrote:
detazathoth wrote:
I like him, he comes off as a good guy that just did a bunch of retarded shit in the past.

Of course we’re not the same; we don’t pump our arms up out of all proportion with our bodies by injecting them with sterile oil.

Bushy[/quote]

I was under the assumption that the picture at the top was one of those weird photoshopped images. Please tell me I am correct…

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
What’re you smoking? Your profile says you’re from Australia.

King of Kings wrote:

[/quote]

around 2-3 months ago there was a survey done using the bmi and it said australia was the most obese country in the world(it was massive news in australia)

KOK i thoroughly agree with your view on this the biggest joke is the $AUS is pretty strong at the moment so it works out cheaper just to buy it in america and sent over here. The past 12 months I’ve been doing that with almost everything.

the worst thing about australia is even though where getting fatter we have like 1/100 of the food choices that america has

[quote]ktennies wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
ruthless_greek wrote:
detazathoth wrote:

Of course we’re not the same; we don’t pump our arms up out of all proportion with our bodies by injecting them with sterile oil.

Bushy

I was under the assumption that the picture at the top was one of those weird photoshopped images. Please tell me I am correct…[/quote]

Nope, those are Greg’s actual arms. To be honest, the pic he shows every few months of how he looked when he was younger is impressive. He says he built 18" arms before he even took gear, which I do believe is possible with good genetics.

THe rest of his training ‘advice’ is the the same basic crap you hear all over. Is it bad advice? of course not, and to be honest, I laugh at the jokes he throws into the column each month. Still, I’m getting a little tired of the same b.s. stories about the latina girls he’s with. And now they let him write some section at the front of the mag, where he highlights what’s going on on their online forums.

I can’t read through all of his stream-of-consciousness-trying to use hip lingo writing style though. I want the info that’s written on the page, but I feel like it’s almost difficult to decipher it -lol. Look, MD’s still the only non-natty mag I’ll buy. For the most part it does have the most information each month,… although I counted 10 ‘4 page ad reports’ in this month’s issue by a certain supp company, which does tend to take away any credability of being ‘hardcore’… Man,… I miss being the young naive and stupid weight trainer…

S